• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #4 | Blackhawks vs. Canadiens | Oct. 10, 2017

I think we have enough talent to be better than we currently are, which is my point. But we certainly don't have enough talent to go very far. Centers and left were concerns going in the off season, they still are. I think Drouin will end up being fine at center but we have to be patient with him. The transition problem are more than just the defenseman, the forward are not in position to receive a pass when the defense recover, maybe that's where a fast skating defenseman would help carry the puck but still we need to find a way to get our forwards open and on motion.

The other problem with our offense is that we can't complete more than 2 passes in a row. You need to make the goalie moves nowadays if you hope to score and you can't do that without some quick passing.

He's a 3rd line centre - he shouldn't be expected to be an offensive guru. This is why I am cutting Galchenyuk huge slack. He's a 3rd liner too and is performing fine defensively.

Until Galchenyuk stops turning the puck over on every shift and throwing blind passes in the middle of the ice, I'm not cutting him any slack.

Until Galchenyuk stops turning the puck over on every shift and throwing blind passes in the middle of the ice, I'm not cutting him any slack.

He has to be trying to play himself out of town.

He needs to make a donation to the children's hospital

He has to be trying to play himself out of town.

He needs to make a donation to the children's hospital

He's one of our worst player out there, and we could clearly need him to be good. He would be on the top line by now with a decent effort but instead he's on the 4th, and deservedly so.

He's one of our worst player out there, and we could clearly need him to be good. He would be on the top line by now with a decent effort but instead he's on the 4th, and deservedly so.

Like i said, he's trying to play himself out of town.

MB traded the wrong guy for drouin.

If galchenyuk was only going to be a bottom 6 winger might as well use him and whatever draft pick needed to get drouin and keep sergachev.

I don't think that was a trade to be made. TB was specifically looking at defense prospects.

My impressions from having attended the game yesterday:

-How do you keep Davidson and Benn over SFB ?

-Chuckie doesn't even try....that's why Julien won't help him....at least try and then the coach will put you in a position to succeed.

Having said that, put yourself in Chuckie's skates....they played him on McCarron's wing during a preseason game...how degrading it must feel...Danault and Pleks have no business being ahead of Chuckie, even if they are more responsible defensively. Chuckie can score...i'd rather a scorer with defensive shortcomings, than a defensive player with no offensive upside.

Why can't Julien just teach the kid....play him center, and slowly teach him the defensive side of things...why haven't we done that in past 5 years ????

-Drouin is sick good...like amazing

-Weber is damn good...

Mete should be sent back after 9 games....he won't last 50-60 games...maybe next year....he's good, but relies more on his speed to correct his positioning mistakes....which is fine because I don't expect more from a 19 year old 4th rounder.... but he's gonna be great for us as of next year

My impressions from having attended the game yesterday:

-How do you keep Davidson and Benn over SFB ?

-Chuckie doesn't even try....that's why Julien won't help him....at least try and then the coach will put you in a position to succeed.

Having said that, put yourself in Chuckie's skates....they played him on McCarron's wing during a preseason game...how degrading it must feel...Danault and Pleks have no business being ahead of Chuckie, even if they are more responsible defensively. Chuckie can score...i'd rather a scorer with defensive shortcomings, than a defensive player with no offensive upside.

Why can't Julien just teach the kid....play him center, and slowly teach him the defensive side of things...why haven't we done that in past 5 years ????

-Drouin is sick good...like amazing

-Weber is damn good...

Mete should be sent back after 9 games....he won't last 50-60 games...maybe next year....he's good, but relies more on his speed to correct his positioning mistakes....which is fine because I don't expect more from a 19 year old 4th rounder.... but he's gonna be great for us as of next year

1) This is nothing more than a MB talking point now used to confuse the masses. Galchenyuk has proven that he's fine defensively. The Shaw/Danaut/Galcheyuk 3rd line pairing has been good defensively.

2) Drouin has done very little in his first 4 games.

3) Weber has looked like shit the last two games.

Last edited:
Chuckie is pure shit at both sides of the ice right now. Hemsky and Chucky are currently battling for the title of worst forward in the lineup.

Back