• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bought the Car ... ...

northernlou

Idi Admin
So it went like this. For starters, I bought an Acura TSX - new - back in 2005. Was a very good car and drove it 12 years. A record for me and maybe anyone....For the past couple of years I was convinced I'd go Acura again, but this time for the new TLX model that bumped off the TL and TSX that are no longer in production. Problem was, Acura has taken a dip in reliability which is my #1 priority for car purchasing....so I faded on the idea of another Acura.

Was then near convinced I'd buy a luxury crossover, the BMW X-3 in particular....it's very nice. But after reading more and more on the Porsche Macan and it's very impressive reliability score....I sucked up the extra price and justified by 12 years of being held prisoner by the TSX - I naturally decided on the Macan Turbo 2016.....found a very low mileage demo at a Porsche dealer and pounced on it. Anyway, it has more options than I can comprehend and a beauty 400hp twin turbo engine with a dual clutch tranny, that I totally get.

yeah it's fast.....0-60 in 4.4 secs. :pepper

the moral to the story - drive something for 12 years and then take all that pent up austerity to the woodshed....and get/buy what you want instead of saving it for your reincarnation - cos' you only live once.

Lou....

Good choice....

Love the Macan....so easy to drive, not big like the Cayenne, awesome AWD system....engine sound nice....it checks all the boxes for me

Only negative: i dislike the touchscreen, and there's way too many buttons....but Porsche loves to add buttons for everything and anything

I hope you got the 21 inch Spider mags

Lou....

Good choice....

Love the Macan....so easy to drive, not big like the Cayenne, awesome AWD system....engine sound nice....it checks all the boxes for me

Only negative: i dislike the touchscreen, and there's way too many buttons....but Porsche loves to add buttons for everything and anything

I hope you got the 21 inch Spider mags

thx man you're right, there are a shitload of buttons. Used the touchscreen today after picking up the car this morning. It's actually my 1st Nav package in a car, so I have little to compare with, however I read that there are better touchscreens than this one. The ride is great though and smoother than I had anticipated. Still those buttons on the center console in particular....it's a lot to remember. I think I'll need time. I like how it displays driving speed limits. That is cool.

yes.....21" wheels.

thx man you're right, there are a shitload of buttons. Used the touchscreen today after picking up the car this morning. It's actually my 1st Nav package in a car, so I have little to compare with, however I read that there are better touchscreens than this one. The ride is great though and smoother than I had anticipated. Still those buttons on the center console in particular....it's a lot to remember. I think I'll need time. I like how it displays driving speed limits. That is cool.

yes.....21" wheels.

The Macan touchscreen is not the best....but the rest of the car : WOW...best in its class

I have the X3 you are lucky you didn't buy it, the new one comes out at the end of the year, which I'm sure the dealer would not have told you about the new design.
I had the cayenne a while back, it was like driving a car, it handled so well. The brakes, the ride, everything. But a bit out of my price range now.

Back