• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: March Madness

TheCountofMonteCristo

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator
Staff member
Get your brackets ready.

I think Krust is getting ready to drive to Buffalo if both Villanova and St Joseph's get through to the second round as no doubt he will want to miss his Alma Mater in the Philadelphia Holy War against St Joseph's.

Go Cardinals !!!!

I have faith that they will make their way to the final dance...then anything can happen

They might have to face UK in the sweet 16.....:eek6:

I watch about as much basketball nowadays as I do tennis or Olympic hockey. I used to watch, years ago, but just can't get into it anymore.

UK had the best recruiting class ever this year....but they are mostly considered 1-and-done players. They haven't been able to gel, and their lack of experience was their undoing all year. Now they get a chance to redeem their season.

Count, how did UNC do this year...I know they are a #6 seed.....is it due to injuries, underachievement, or is this their real spot ?

This is the best time of the year. I didn't watch any hockey this past weekend as the conference tournaments were all really good. My 'Cuse struggled down the stretch and their lack of a real post player has hurt them. If Embid can be healthy Kansas should have a deep run and my under the radar team is New Mexico. I also think Baylor can do some damage.

Count, how did UNC do this year...I know they are a #6 seed.....is it due to injuries, underachievement, or is this their real spot ?

they started off terribly in conference, 1-4 but finished 13-5. They had great wins over Louisville, Michigan State and Kentucky, but lost to UAB and Belmont. They beat Duke in conference but lost to Miami and Wake Forest.

They had the Hairston/McDonald NCAA issues and ultimately kicked Hairston off the team. Terrible free throw shooting did them in during most of the 9 losses.

They had a 12 game losing streak but lost their last two. Should beat Providence but lose to ISU.

This is the best time of the year. I didn't watch any hockey this past weekend as the conference tournaments were all really good. My 'Cuse struggled down the stretch and their lack of a real post player has hurt them. If Embid can be healthy Kansas should have a deep run and my under the radar team is New Mexico. I also think Baylor can do some damage.

but Boheem was awesome against Duke when he threw his jacket off and stormed the court and you have a guy with a great last name, Christmas.

Yeah, Jimmy lost it in that game. My boys overachieved for the most part and Ennis has been excellent. That kid hit some big shots but he'll be a one and done which is a shame. It's crazy how many outstanding Canadian ballers there are now.

now we just have to get them to play for the national team.

As an aside though, how do you get Bayhime from Boheem?

Is that like getting Taves from Toes?

Roy looks so old and beaten down...if you're not a fan of either Duke or UNC you hate both equally...

Boheem is looking pretty old too

to me though Syracuse just isn't an ACC school (neither is Pitt, Notre Dame nor BC) so I can't feel anything for them either way

# 12 upsetting # 5 is supposedly an unusually common occurrence ...and it happened again today , # 12 Harvard over Cincinnati.

Yeah, Jimmy lost it in that game. My boys overachieved for the most part and Ennis has been excellent. That kid hit some big shots but he'll be a one and done which is a shame. It's crazy how many outstanding Canadian ballers there are now.

would be great to see Ennis in a Raptor uniform on draft night, Masai would need to pull a rabbit out of his ass to pull it off though

Back