• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

Today the Texans said they won't trade for Tony, probably as they know he will be released.

I had heard that before they traded Oz. Seems odd as I figured back in the middle of the year after watching Oz look terrible that Houston would be a great fit for Tony.

It was thought to be between Denver and Houston but maybe both teams are waiting for him to be released and they can bid on him instead.

Are the Cowboys expecting any big signings this off season?

no, Jerry swore off big free agency a few years back after being burned.

We mostly try to sign our own (we reupped Terrence Williams today and Brice Butler yesterday). Then we pick up a few scraps like Nolan Carroll, Stephen Paea today. We lost Church, Terrell McLain and might lose JJ Wilcox but none of them are irreplaceable. I would hope we do something to keep either Claiborne or Carr, maybe get Claiborne to reup on the cheap. Otherwise, just go D in the draft, With Zeke, Dak and Dez, we have enough offence.

They are also hoping Jaylon Smith can play next season. He dropped to us due to a knee and nerve injury. He says he will play even without a fully firing nerve, not sure how that will turn out. Even if he is only 80% of the player he was for the Golden Domers, he will be great. I'm worried about backup QB in case Dak is hurt but even Kellen Moore can say hike hike, turn and hand it to Zeke.

Last edited:
Of course, I am sure Mara is already on the phone with Roger Robespierre demanding Zeke be suspended for all of next season....

If he gets suspended for this or the other investigation even though the police and prosecutors say there is nothing to investigate, he should sue the NFL and Robespierre

Ben Roethlisberger got suspended for actions that the police and prosecution deemed were consensual.

“My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated [the] law,” Goodell told Roethlisberger. “[Y]ou are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct . . . that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans. . . . Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare.”

And Cowboys players, because they supposedly play for a team that, by the estimation of their fans at least, is more important or relevant than all the others, should have to suffer greater punishment for transgressing because they set the example for the rest of the league.

As Cowherd says, it's the Cowboys culture that has created the environment which makes this type of behavior acceptable and it's made worse by the fact that they are notorious for signing players with a lot of off-field baggage that other teams won't go near.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHdy9lJxieI
Oh please that is such a simplistic take. Steelers have a QB who did worse, a stoner at RB and other bad asses. Does Cowherd say it is Steeler culture?

We signed Hardy which was a mistake but we havent signed bad guys for years.

I also know Seahawks Packers and basically 25 other teams would trade their RB straight up for Zeke right now.

And Cowboys players, because they supposedly play for a team that, by the estimation of their fans at least, is more important or relevant than all the others, should have to suffer greater punishment for transgressing because they set the example for the rest of the league.
I do know you talk about them more than any other team. You must be a secret fan.

Back