• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Who will and should replace MB?

I think he would of drafted one or 2 good centers . I cant believe he and his staff would missed so many players that we bypassed .

To be fair, Tyson Jost is the only “potential top-2C” MB has missed since coming on board for 2012 draft through 2017 -the org did ok in drafting Sergachev....

Only other C’s missed in the draft have been Athanasiou & Point (wouldn’t label either as slam dunk top-2C on a contender) - the real C misses at the draft were under Gauthier’s regime in 2010 & 2011 (let’s forget 2003-2009 for a minute) - Coyle, Kuznetsov, Gaudreau, Namestnikov etc.. all attainable at the Habs draft position in both years.

That wasn't my point. And I think PK could have gotten us one, before his big contract.
McGuire clearly stated on Melnick’s show a couple of years back, in Nov’2013 Pens offered up Malkin for Subban 1-for-1 and MB refused - this was prior to Subban signing his massive deal, and Pens would be gaining considerable cap space with the deal which was obviously part of the plan. Shero also knew he had to win or be sent packing which also happened.

Everyone who’s ever heard McGuire speak knows Ray Shero is his BFF, I’ve got no reason to believe Pierre would be lying.

And if you closely listen to MB, he’s mentioned a few times now at PCs he regrets not making “one particular deal”

Last edited:
The question regarding to McGuire is, if he is really a half decent GM, why no one ever offered him the job, i mean for sometime people said he is well paid in TV, but he is clearly interested to GM job, plus he has lots of connection in NHL, yet no one offered him a job anywhere, doubt even as assistant GM.

Forget language issue, who is realistically the best option?
The entire premise of your question is flawed. You can't "forget" the language issue. It is literally the only thing that will be considered when the next incompetent GM gets hired. So there is no "best option" but merely a selection of lousy ones. Whether we end up with a good GM or a bad one will come down to luck. The only thing certain is that we're getting a Francophone. That's how this franchise operates now. Being competent at one's job doesn't factor into the hiring process anymore.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

All I know is, this is what happens if MB is allowed to do the rebuild himself...

CleanUp.gif

I liked MB at first but I quickly started to have my doubts after his horrific 2013 off-season when he acquired Murray, Parros and Briere, as well as wasting 3 top 40 picks on McCarron, De La Rose and Fucale. He did manage to redeem himself a little bit that season with the brilliant Vanek trade though. But then it was followed by another lackluster summer and an increasingly arrogant attitude.

McGuire clearly stated on Melnick’s show a couple of years back, in Nov’2013 Pens offered up Malkin for Subban 1-for-1 and MB refused - this was prior to Subban signing his massive deal, and Pens would be gaining considerable cap space with the deal which was obviously part of the plan. Shero also knew he had to win or be sent packing which also happened.

Everyone who’s ever heard McGuire speak knows Ray Shero is his BFF, I’ve got no reason to believe Pierre would be lying.

And if you closely listen to MB, he’s mentioned a few times now at PCs he regrets not making “one particular deal”

Yeah, I heard that too but it was before the time he wanted to deal PK.

I heard a couple people mention it may have been a deal with the Caps that involved Filip Forsberg

Shoulda kept PK.

The trade was probably a good wake-up call for him. I dont watch a lot of Nashville games, but the games I've seen him play, I see very little spinoramas and dipsy doodle risky plays from him. Off the ice he's still the same Subban though.

Back