• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canadiens announce restructuring of player development personnel

I remember teasing Count years ago that the Habs will hire Bouillon as a coach one day just to piss him off.

Should have realized they were stupid enough to do it.

I saw the headline on TSN about the cube and the first thing I thought was Count's BF is back. MB reads these forums and 100% did this to fk with Count.

Look at it this way TT now will likely no longer hold amateur scouting responsibilities and might be poached for a GM gig...

Maybe a decade ago that was possible, but TT doesn't fit the new model of smart/analytics oriented GM.

Look at it this way TT now will likely no longer hold amateur scouting responsibilities and might be poached for a GM gig...
I would think dudley is asst gm and handles pro scouting. Timmins as asst gm would bein charge of amateur scouting

Looks like everyone got promoted, except Riendeau.

Also I don't mind Bouillon as development coach, his technique and positioning was near perfect, which is the only reason he was able to have an NHL career as a 5'8 defenseman. He had to study the game extensively to get every single edge he could to survive, that's a good guy to have teach your young players.

So an early exit in the playoffs warrant promotions. Nice ship Molson is running. Country club bullshit.

So an early exit in the playoffs warrant promotions. Nice ship Molson is running. Country club bullshit.

We also had 0 graduates from Sly on the ice for the last game of the season, unless you want to count Gallagher.

Marty Lapointe was just on TSN690, as he got into talking about this generation of player, u could hear the frustration in his voice regarding how hard he felt it was getting through to them....looks to me like he was gently pushed aside.

So according the Lapointe, in the last 5 years, we have to blame every single prospect for not listening to coaching/management...and that's one of the reasons we haven't graduated anyone permanently in past 5 years ?

I think he was miffed at Scherbak "u can get them nutritionists, personal trainers, psychologists but at some point they have got to want to be a professional and want to succeed.....u can have all the skills but commitment & mindset is necessary.."

I think he was miffed at Scherbak "u can get them nutritionists, personal trainers, psychologists but at some point they have got to want to be a professional and want to succeed....."

how about they coach them properly ?

You can't tell me that every prospect that Sly got his hands on failed because they weren't professional or didn't want to succeed.....maybe the system needs to be changed. After 5 years, I am ready to give the benefit of the doubt to the players....not management.

Lapointe sounds like Bergevin when he is defensive in his pressers...

So if Hudon or JDLR finally succeeds this season as an NHL regular....does the org get any credit for patience?

So if Hudon or JDLR finally succeeds this season as an NHL regular....does the org get any credit for patience?

in the new NHL, 4th liners like JDLR are hardly worth developing as many experienced ones are available for around $1M/yr

I think he was miffed at Scherbak "u can get them nutritionists, personal trainers, psychologists but at some point they have got to want to be a professional and want to succeed.....u can have all the skills but commitment & mindset is necessary.."

Other teams seems to be succeeding so what's different with our players? Once again, either we're not drafting the right players, or we're not developing them properly, or both.

Both Lapointe and Lefebvre, and Bergevin, are old schools and they responded well to tough love techniques of the past, but I don't think they understand this new generation of players, at all.

Back