• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Then where did the conservatives go? How does a stauch, ****ing staunch conservative like Sanford lose in a bloody primary at the urging of Trump then?

I agree that Trumpists aren't classic conservatives, but the conservatives seem to have switched to team Trump en masse.

There are obviously more Trumpists than conservatives in Stanford's riding. It's not like Stanford got zero votes. Conservatives are still around and they disagree with Trump's ridiculous spending in the name of conservatism. Unfortunately it appears there are less of them than everyone thought.

Trumpists however are not conservatives. They wouldn't know the meaning of the word.

well the Trumpists are now essentially the GOP. I'm not sure where that leaves the conservatives, but I know damn well where it has left the GOP.

And now you finally get it. I am not represented by either party. I am in small part by the democrats, small part with the GOP and a major part through neither.

What I think is clear now that many "conservatives" weren't actually conservatives.

i.e. the Tea Party clearly was never actually about the Debt.

I've harped on this many times, but there is a fundamental dishonesty at the heart of modern conservatism, and that is what has set the stage for this moment.

This has become clear now yes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ed-u-s-runs-surplus-with-europe-idUSKBN1J82KB

BERLIN (Reuters) - The United States runs a large account surplus with Europe if services are included in the total, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Tuesday, adding that existing international trade accounting systems needed to be updated.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly complained about large trade deficits the United States runs with many countries, in particular with manufacturing export powerhouse Germany, and has threatened Europe with punitive tariffs in response.

“Trade surpluses are calculated in a relatively old-fashioned way nowadays,” she told an audience of businessmen in Berlin. “If services are included in the trade balance, then the U.S. runs a big surplus with Europe. And the share of services will grow.”

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2018/0...coming-a-ruthless-dictatorship-pursuing-wmds/

OTTAWA – US tariffs on Canadian aluminum and steel have been promptly lifted after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has impressed US President Donald Trump with numerous human rights violations, eliminating any and all dissent, and testing a nuclear bomb.

Canada, now known as The People’s Democratic Republic of Canada, made a quick shift to a hereditary one-party system overnight, which Trump thought was “a strong move.”

The revised history of Canada claims that Supreme Leader Justin Trudeau had inherited the reign from his father in 2015, Supreme Leader Pierre Trudeau.

Reports from inside the large, secretive state indicate that some political opponents were ruthlessly executed with anti-aircraft guns, while Andrew Scheer, Jagmeet Singh, and Elizabeth May have been sentenced to 30 years hard labour in a Winnipeg gulag. Upon hearing the horrifying news, Trump immediately called Trudeau “a strong negotiator” on Twitter.

The Beaverton has had so much great ammo lately...

PM reminds those still fighting the War of 1812 to lay down their muskets, adhere to the Treaty of Ghent

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2018/06/pm-reminds-those-still-fighting-the-war-of-1812-to-lay-down-their-muskets-adhere-to-the-treaty-of-ghent/

Exhausted citizens of Upper and Lower Canada still waging war expressed relief hearing their colonial leader declare an end to the conflict.

“Whilst the Yankee foe turned York and Newark into ashes, lasting peace will be best for my crops of oat and barley,” said 245-year-old Ebenezer Cornwall, a Canadian militia member who had been at war for over two centuries and never heard about the declaration of peace.

Last edited:
(shocking surprise below)

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood
Federal Reserve reality check on Trump WH claims its tax-cut/dereg policies will lift US growth from Obama’s mediocre 2% to sustained levels of 3% or better

Fed median projections:
—2.8% in 2018
—2.4% in 2019
—2.0% in 2020
—1.8% longer-term

Dfl-EQlUwAAfA9k.jpg:large

(shocking surprise below)

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood
Federal Reserve reality check on Trump WH claims its tax-cut/dereg policies will lift US growth from Obama’s mediocre 2% to sustained levels of 3% or better

Fed median projections:
—2.8% in 2018
—2.4% in 2019
—2.0% in 2020
—1.8% longer-term

Nobody knew that sustaining 3% growth was so hard.

Peter Baker @peterbakernyt
Reporter: “The president said it will be verified.”

Pompeo: “Of course it will.”

Q: "Can you tell us a little bit more about--what is, what discussed about how?"

Pompeo: “Just so you know, you could ask me this, I find that question insulting & ridiculous & frankly ludicrous.”

Sahil Kapur @sahilkapur
6m
House conservatives told Stephen Miller they want a Trump tweet championing an immigration bill to give them political cover to vote for it.

what a bunch of chickenshit snowflakes.

Aaron Rupar @atrupar
10m
Trump on President Xi of China: "He's an incredible guy. You know, essentially president for life. That's pretty good."

A guy who can't spend enough on his military says this:

Fox News @FoxNews
1m
President @realDonaldTrump troop drawdown in SK: "I would love to get the military out as soon as we can because it costs a lot of money." #SpecialReport fxn.ws/2l5ZTE5

he really understands nothing at all.

Fox News @FoxNews
30s
President @realDonaldTrump: "I think China really would like to see no nuclear weapons...Whether you're semi-friendly with a nation or not, when they have nuclear weapons and you're that close, it can't be a positive feeling." #SpecialReport

A guy who can't spend enough on his military says this:

Fox News @FoxNews
1m
President @realDonaldTrump troop drawdown in SK: "I would love to get the military out as soon as we can because it costs a lot of money." #SpecialReport fxn.ws/2l5ZTE5

he really understands nothing at all.

As shit as it is being a Canadian and dealing with Trump's stupidity, I can't fathom what it would be like being South Korean right now with this moron being the chief negotiator for the future of the peninsula.

Back