• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #19 | Blue Jackets vs. Canadiens | Nov. 14, 2017

Seriously people, what do you expect...the moment we all realized Pleks was coming back, we knew a defensive nerd like Julien would over-use him....

Incredible how Bergy managed to dig the foxhole deeper

They got fooled on a late change, Columbus attacked 2 on 3 and Danault was with Atkinson in the neutral zone and he followed him.

Stuff like that will happen at 3 on 3 when you're defending.

But surely he could see there were only two Bluejackets and he was the high man in the trio, no? I mean, the late man will arrive eventually.

But surely he could see there were only two Bluejackets and he was the high man in the trio, no? I mean, the late man will arrive eventually.

If you look at the replay, he didn't see it as he was looking at and following Atkinson toward our zone, so he had his back on the trailer but he should have probably guessed it, and it any case Petry definitely should have seen it and warned him. There was a lack of communication on the play as Danault needed to hand off his man to Petry.

Yes and Mete. Any of those three over Petry who can't complete a pass to his own teammates.

Petry just doesn't know what to do with the puck on his stick with that much time and space, he just over thinks everything.

It's why he's not a good PP quarterback also, takes way too long to release his shot because he's never certain of himself

They've scrored 3 goals in their last 3 games . . . at home. This team is painful to watch.

My issue is more with the fact that the players that are supposed to be defensively responsible are not (see OT loss to Toronto and Jackets).....in that case, just play Chuckie/Drouin, they can't be worst defensively than what Pleks-Dano have showed us in OT lately

If you're gonna lose in OT, might as well lose with offensive minded players....high risk-high reward.....

Not bashing Weber at all cause I generally really like him, but he does not look that well suited for 3 on 3 a lot of times either. Twice last night he seemed surprised by a simple drop pass and their puck movement got screwed up and they lost possession.

Not gonna lie, I was thinking of how good a Drouin, Chucky, PK trio would have looked compared to Plex, Byron, Weber. I'd have to think they could match up with most anybody in the league.

Not bashing Weber at all cause I generally really like him, but he does not look that well suited for 3 on 3 a lot of times either. Twice last night he seemed surprised by a simple drop pass and their puck movement got screwed up and they lost possession.

Not gonna lie, I was thinking of how good a Drouin, Chucky, PK trio would have looked compared to Plex, Byron, Weber. I'd have to think they could match up with most anybody in the league.

Even Mete with Drouin-Chuckie would be unstoppable....but our defensive guru coaches don't like that

Seriously people, what do you expect...the moment we all realized Pleks was coming back, we knew a defensive nerd like Julien would over-use him....

Incredible how Bergy managed to dig the foxhole deeper

The Pleks line did fine in OT. It was the next unit that ****ed up.

With that said - JD and AG not seeing the ice in OT is hilarious. They should be the first unit every-time.

Last edited:

There was no issue with Weber.....it was the unit that followed.

You want to talk about clueless...Petry gave away the puck at the offensive blue line with absolutely no pressure on him or anything that led to that goal.

Even Mete with Drouin-Chuckie would be unstoppable....but our defensive guru coaches don't like that

True, he should probably be on before Petry. I'd even consider 3 forwards...but what do I know . I hate bashing coaches and I feel like we as habs fans get a reputation for it.....but it's no wonder when we havent had a progressive , new age coach since.....?

I credit Julien for finding some good pairings with what we have up front and letting them develop some chemistry, now hopefully he will stick with it. Part of me wants to give him credit for sticking with a plan in OT as well (even though I disagree with its principle)....but what does our OT record have to be before he stops going with those 3 to start??

There was no issue with Weber.....it was the unit that followed.

You want to talk about clueless...Petry gave away the puck at the offensive blue line with absolutely no pressure on him or anything that led to that goal.

I wouldnt say there was no issue. He wasnt very smooth moving the puck around IMO....but yes, Petry was just putrid and for the record, I would have no issue with a Chucky, Drouin, Weber trio starting (and getting the most ice).

I have no clue why this guy Jerabek is still in minor. Did he bang Bergevin, Lapointe, Dudley, Timmins, Molson, Julien, JJ, Muller, anyone in the organisation's wife, GF, daughter???

What was the point to get this guy then? He is too good for AHL. He has 10 points in 13 games with Rockets and is +12! Better than these retarded Morrow, Davidson.
How about Jerabek prove he can play the North American game and dominate AHL for 2-3 months?

Many posters and media types went batshit MB didn’t sign Shipachov last summer, McPhee when interviewed said the guy couldn’t keep pace & handle the quick/physical pace of the NHL game.

FWIW I expect Jerabek will be up and Mete sent to Team Canada for WJC post Thanksgiving / early Dec.

Back