• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canes sold.

Yeah...I read that and wondered what could possibly be changed that quickly? Not immediate, but relative to the fan experience, my daughter quickly suggested adding the 3d ice projection effects that other arenas use before the game. What could change TONIGHT? Maybe a song or 2? More tshirts? Its already a HomeGrown series night so there are different things going on.

Plans for renovations to the north and south ends were on hold until this was resolved. The south end is the box office and VIP parking, I don't know how they'd incorporate a bar/restaurant into that space without affecting building ingress/egress/parking. I think there is room on the southwest corner though. The north end is the zamboni entrance and any changes there likely won't affect anything that we see.

The Phillies have a sports bar at their stadium that is accessible from the outside. I went to a women's soccer game at the Linc across the street and it was a convenient option.

Yeah...I read that and wondered what could possibly be changed that quickly?

Kinetico Water and Dunkin' Donuts co-sponsored Tripp Tracy Dunking Booth.

Full DJ Mista Illz set during the 2d intermission.

Pin the Ponytail on Peter Karmanos game giveaway.

Free parking.

I only heard a part of the press conference but basically Dundon said that winning takes preference over money. He said that's because most businesses you don't have a passion for them but you do for a sports team. He said it's pretty easy to tell how you are doing by the W/L record as opposed to looking at balance sheets, etc for other businesses.

I liked what I heard, from everyone on the panel.

I would only add that with all that money Bettman is paid from the owners that he could afford a razor and a can of shaving cream...

Great presser, excellent recognition for Karmanos and his contributions and also handing the torch over to Dundon!

Last edited:
Mark Armstrong from WTVD tweeted that Waddell told him the most immediate changes will be discounting parking and concessions. That had better mean a credit coming my way since my STM included pre-paid parking.

Mark Armstrong from WTVD tweeted that Waddell told him the most immediate changes will be discounting parking and concessions. That had better mean a credit coming my way since my STM included pre-paid parking.

Amen to that!

it seems Dundon also is not a fan of razors, maybe that's why Bettman likes him. And he has not been seen wearing a tie or suit , not even a sport coat.

For us general parking full season tix members, it was 33% off the $15 rate at that time (in other words I'm paying only $10 per game which is really 50% off the actual cost of parking for the season). What kind of discount are they talking about? If its below $15 a game then yeah, I would like some sort of credit I guess?

This all feels like some sort of crazy dream. Karmanos sells the team to a 'younger' billionaire whose life mission seems to be "we can do everything better, and we are not going to ever stop trying to do everything better". "The money isn't important to me, winning is what care about and I'm already 100% emotionally invested in this team and will strive to make EVERYTHING about this team better, money be damned!" Then minutes after the press conference we are talking about lowering parking and concession prices? This has to be a dream....do me a favor and let me keep sleeping!!!!

Last edited:
well I assume he knows that winning will bring in more money in the long run. Except for a few exceptions ticket sales and other revenues are pretty closely tied into how much you win. Canadian teams can have less success and still sell out a lot of games but not American teams, especially in smaller markets.

Even teams like Detroit and Pitt had low ticket sales when they were not winning.

For us general parking full season tix members, it was 33% off the $15 rate at that time (in other words I'm paying only $10 per game which is really 50% off the actual cost of parking for the season). What kind of discount are they talking about? If its below $15 a game then yeah, I would like some sort of credit I guess?

This all feels like some sort of crazy dream. Karmanos sells the team to a 'younger' billionaire whose life mission seems to be "we can do everything better, and we are not going to ever stop trying to do everything better". "The money isn't important to me, winning is what care about and I'm already 100% emotionally invested in this team and will strive to make EVERYTHING about this team better, money be damned!" Then minutes after the press conference we are talking about lowering parking and concession prices? This has to be a dream....do me a favor and let me keep sleeping!!!!

Yeah please nobody wake me either... if we win tonight I'm going to try to fly tomorrow...

Dundon with that nervous twitch during the presser almost like he cannot wait to get going...that was awesome. It was almost like "can we wrap this up soon so I can start my work ASAP"!

8 additional vouchers for STHers to use in the next month. Trying to put butts in the seats baby! Hate I’ll miss the game tonight.

And we already have our answer as to whether or not Waddell's empty building strategy will continue. Just got the STM note...big $40 ticket sale coming for games between Jan 18th and Feb 21st:

Secondly, next week we will be launching a “FANuary Flash Sale” focused on creating an environment which will give the Canes an even greater home ice advantage! This offer will feature $40 lower level tickets for the (11) games between January 21st-February 18th. As a STM, you will have first access to this offer for your family, friends, co-workers, allowing you to secure the best seats prior to the general public sale. Your exclusive early bird access will begin 12 a.m. on January 18th and you will be able to purchase tickets through your Account Manager. More detailed information will be sent to you next week on the vouchers and the pre-sale.

The firstly was ticket vouchers for STMs, which I appreciate of course because I only have 2 season tickets and all 4 of my family go to the majority of the games, but can also be viewed as a 'we realize we are undercutting all lower level STMs prices for 11 games so here are some freebies to help offset that fact'.

This sounds like the Black Friday ticket offer but for more games. I'm ok with this effort to try to pack the arena this season and hopefully expose more people to whatever other changes are coming, as long as this is just a short term/temporary fix for what I'm assuming Dundon views as a poor policy related to ticket sales. It also makes me wonder if they might consider lowering STM prices to create an even bigger gap between box office and STM prices. They do need to be careful though....as we have discussed numerous times, STMs don't like sitting next to people who paid less for their seats (for obvious reasons).

First of all, razors? Suits? Are you guys kidding? It's 2018. :smilielol5:

Second, in case you didn't receive it in your email directly, make sure to read "A letter from Tom," which the Canes also posted online at http://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/294865050/binary-file/file.pdf. It's hard to not be excited after reading that.

Third, the no-more-for-seven-years thing is basically an unwritten rule for franchise sales that league has been following in recent times. The fact that the club's lease deal expires then is coincidental. I also wanted be surprised if the renovation and expansion work to the building will be tied into that lease being extended a few years.

Can't wait to be in the building tonight...LET'S GO CANES!!!

Did your note specifically say 8 HurryCanes? I got 4...which would mean either I don't rate as high as you do or its 2 per seat :)

Here’s the verbiage I got. I have 2 seats

“a thank you, you will receive 8 vouchers you can use for any game between January 21st-February 18th. You can access these vouchers through your Account Manager starting 12 a.m. on January 18th.

Did your note specifically say 8 HurryCanes? I got 4...which would mean either I don't rate as high as you do or its 2 per seat :)

It must be 2 per seat, 'cause that's all that I got. But, hey - I'll take it! Looking forward to the game tonight. I only hope the players are as pumped up as I am.

Back