• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2017-18 Regular Season

Weber is still a very well respected player by his peers and many executives, but it was still a bad trade for us.

Yeah, it's a bad trade simply based on the age difference.

If Weber and Subban were the same age I don't think I would call it a bad trade.

less bad but still not a win

It was a trade that was always going to end poorly for the Habs. It took less time to end poorly than we hoped.

The Habs are paying big dollars to Weber for his regression/older/injury years. He was a better player in Nashville.

He was actually pretty good last year and came exactly as advertised 17 goals and 42 points.

But I agree that going forward after this injury I would be worried about his play, especially next year.

We see that Karlsson is not the same as previous years after a his serious injury he dealt with this off season

He didn't come as advertised in my opinion. He was advertised as a tremendous "leader" with tons or "character." We haven't seen any of that in his 2 years here.

Also, I expected more than 42 points from him. I expect 42 points from a guy like Markov.

He didn't come as advertised in my opinion. He was advertised as a tremendous "leader" with tons or "character." We haven't seen any of that in his 2 years here.

Also, I expected more than 42 points from him. I expect 42 points from a guy like Markov.

He came as advertised , scored nearly 20 with a booming shot and played well defensively

At one point last year his stats were off the charts for goals against 5/5 .

He only had 50 points twice in a career on better teams .

No one can lead this stench anywhere , its the stupidest word in sports . You win or lose as a team .

We were never going to win shit with 6 or 76 or our fool GM going all in on a team that cant win an AHL title .

If you expect him to be a 50 to 60 point guy you were misled...he's 40-50 point guy who will score 15-20.

I have no idea what people mean when they say "character and leadership" and that includes MB who still uses these terms every time he speaks.

If you have a measurable standard that can quantify character or leadership please share because I don't know what to look for

It was a trade that was always going to end poorly for the Habs. It took less time to end poorly than we hoped.

The Habs are paying big dollars to Weber for his regression/older/injury years. He was a better player in Nashville.

try to keep up

"a bad trade simply based on the age difference"

He came as advertised , scored nearly 20 with a booming shot and played well defensively

At one point last year his stats were off the charts for goals against 5/5 .

He only had 50 points twice in a career on better teams .

No one can lead this stench anywhere , its the stupidest word in sports . You win or lose as a team .

We were never going to win shit with 6 or 76 or our fool GM going all in on a team that cant win an AHL title .

No he didn't. He was supposed to be a "leader" and get more than 42 points.

There is no debate here. It was a stupid trade.

Let's move on, but please stop with the bullshit excuses and fake narrative about it in order to still try to justify it.

No he didn't. He was supposed to be a "leader" and get more than 42 points.

There is no debate here. It was a stupid trade.

Let's move on, but please stop with the bullshit excuses and fake narrative about it in order to still try to justify it.

I think most can agree that the trade was not a good one, but your reasoning that it was bad because Shea Weber is not doing well is preposterous.

Shea Weber had a very good year last year, he actually finished 6th in Norris trophy voting.

I think most can agree that the trade was not a good one, but your reasoning that it was bad because Shea Weber is not doing well is preposterous.

Shea Weber had a very good year last year, he actually finished 6th in Norris trophy voting.

Never said he wasn't doing fine. Not sure where you got that from.

I've always said that Weber is fine.

But if you think he's as good now as he was in Nashville, you're lost my friend.

The Habs are paying for his regression years now.

There really is no debate here. The Habs lost this trade and it looks worse every single day.

Marc Bergevin is not a good GM.

But if you think he's as good now as he was in Nashville, you're lost my friend.

There really is no debate here. The Habs lost this trade and it looks worse every single day.

You just finished saying that he didn't come as advertised because he was supposed to be a "leader" and get more than 42 points.

I read that as being a disappointment in your books.

I think his year last year was an above average year playing along side a #5 dman most of the year, no Roman Josi as a partner like he did in Nashville which makes a huge difference.

I can agree that with his injury there is definitely a possibility of some form of regression and like I said the trade was bad because of the age difference

But you seem to be adamant that Weber hasn't met expectations up until he got injured this year.

Yeah, it's a bad trade simply based on the age difference.

If Weber and Subban were the same age I don't think I would call it a bad trade.

It would be still a pointless trade if 6 was 25 years old , a second later you need to find a puck mover

Its a win ...a lost season may net us Dahlin :smilewinkgrin:

It would be still a pointless trade if 6 was 25 years old , a second later you need to find a puck mover

Both players same age I am not hating the trade as much as some...28 vs 32 is just too wide a gap

Both players same age I am not hating the trade as much as some...28 vs 32 is just too wide a gap

The only issue is goofball`s idea that we were in win now mode . Both were required but not for each other . Then the kicker is we maybe had our puck mover but trade him for a local overrated 22 year old.

The only issue is goofball`s idea that we were in win now mode . Both were required but not for each other . Then the kicker is we maybe had our puck mover but trade him for a local overrated 22 year old.

Gotta hope that putting Drouin on the wing next year with a bonafied center will get him going because that trade could really look bad

Gotta hope that putting Drouin on the wing next year with a bonafied center will get him going because that trade could really look bad

apparently, Sergachev is not playing well lately, and it might be High Pitch Cooper does not like him.

Back