• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

The best was the reporters interviewing marchers and asking them what they were marching for and way too often the answer was "to remove the jews from power".

Timely (and very funny) look at Benedict Orange and the art of trolling.

[video=youtube;yaGRZFs8fKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaGRZFs8fKk[/video]

I saw interviews on Fox in Alabama. A lot of people saying the WaPo has zero credibility and it's a hit job. Probably would have had more effect if WaPo gave it to another organization to report. You know, like Mad Magazine.

They actually are saying he'll get more votes now because he's playing the victim.

Trump's attacks on the media are definitely working.

Sometimes I think our mode of government is outdated, and meant for a time where you had to ride the Oregon trail and avoid dysentery to get to Washington/Ottawa to vote and with the internet representatives aren't not necessary. But then you see stuff Alabama and Poland and we are so dumb and uneducated. Not sure how much power we actually want to give to the people.

Sometimes I think our mode of government is outdated, and meant for a time where you had to ride the Oregon trail and avoid dysentery to get to Washington/Ottawa to vote and with the internet representatives aren't not necessary. But then you see stuff Alabama and Poland and we are so dumb and uneducated. Not sure how much power we actually want to give to the people.
Yup, giving the power to the people makes all sort of sense, until you realize what the average person is like.

It's about bloody time...

8fb659bfbf474dd496898e46e514b0ef.jpg

https://newrepublic.com/article/145...lot-initiatives-republicans-throwing-them-out

.....Republicans now dominate state legislatures to a greater degree than at any time since the Civil War, making it nearly impossible for Democrats to enact any meaningful policies in large swaths of the country. But in the midst of last year’s electoral wipeout, there was one bright spot: Citizens took the law into their own hands, introducing 71 ballot initiatives in 16 states—the most in a decade.

n Maine, citizens used ballot initiatives to increase the minimum wage and tax the rich to fund public schools. In South Dakota, they pushed through campaign finance reforms and restrictions on lobbying, as well as a system to create public funding for political campaigns. In Oklahoma, they reined in the War on Drugs, reclassifying nearly all felony drug possession charges as misdemeanors. And in Nevada, they mandated background checks for gun sales. In each case, citizens used ballot initiatives as a tool for direct democracy, using majority rule to push through policies that lawmakers are unable or unwilling to enact themselves.

But such victories have proved short-lived. Republican legislatures responded to the surge in civic participation by using their power to effectively overrule the will of the people—and to make it harder to enact citizen-backed reforms in the future. In South Dakota, state lawmakers simply repealed the voter-approved limits on campaign contributions and lobbying. In Maine, the state legislature threw out the voter-approved tax on the rich, and amended the minimum wage increase to exclude workers who receive tips. The state’s GOP governor, Paul LePage, boasted that there is nothing to prevent lawmakers from tossing out any ballot initiative they dislike. “If you read the constitution,” he crowed, “the legislature can just ignore it.”.....

#Democracy

@Acosta
Trump allowed Duterte to shut down US reporters' questions about human rights. Duterte told reporters they weren't at a news conference. Question wasn't answered.

Daniel Dale @ddale8
21m
Replying to @ddale8
Update: Trump's right-wing-blogger nominee for federal judge didn't disclose that he is the husband of the chief of staff to Trump's White House counsel: nytimes.com/2017/11/13/us/…

#Catalyst4Change

@Acosta
Trump allowed Duterte to shut down US reporters' questions about human rights. Duterte told reporters they weren't at a news conference. Question wasn't answered.

I remember obama putting Raul Castro in his place regarding the press...

1) Roy Moore molests 14 yr old
2) Hannity Hannities
3) Keurig drops advertising from his time slot
4) #StandWithHannity #BoycottKeurig
5) Break Keurigs and post videos
6) ??????????
7) Profit

Hannity fans are literally breaking their coffee makers to protest in favour of a child molester. If I didn't think 2018 will be worse, I'd say that 2017 can end any time now.

Just craziness. At least the right is finally helping the environment by ditching the Kuerig pods. Bet that would leave a bunch of them conflicted.

Yeah, I'm almost sad that my old man can't stand Fox News. I've been trying to talk him into trashing his Keurig and going to my set up (fresh grind daily, percolator/french press/aeropress depending on my mood) for about a couple of years now.

Yeah, I'm almost sad that my old man can't stand Fox News. I've been trying to talk him into trashing his Keurig and going to my set up (fresh grind daily, percolator/french press/aeropress depending on my mood) for about a couple of years now.
Aero is best press

Aero is best press

If you like drinking wee little bitch cups of coffee, sure. For flavour though, hands down the best, agreed. Having to make 3-4 of them to achieve 10 AM though, **** that. Fresh grind and a good percolator does the trick just fine.

Back