• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #50 | Habs @ Blues | Jan 30th 2018 @ 20:00

Re: GDT: Game #50 | Habs @ Blues| Jan 30th 2018 @ 20:00

I often hear and read the Habs “don’t have an identity”.

Ohhhh, but they do. It’s defined by 14 and 67. Pantywaists losers who don’t rock the boat.

This team is benign milquetoast. That’s the “identity”.

They won't. No way the union agrees to that.

It's insane that Carr isn't playing.

Does Julien actually think D-Lo and Froese were the ones driving the "not-fourth line" when it was successful for that stretch of games?

Does Julien actually think D-Lo and Froese were the ones driving the "not-fourth line" when it was successful for that stretch of games?

Carr's play did drop off a bit, but probably doesn't deserve to sit out this much lately.

I wouldn't rock the boat now. The loses keep pilling up. Keep everything the same.

I love Carr...when he first got called-up 2 years ago, he scored immediately a couple of goals by going to the dirty areas (like Gallagher does). Then he got injured and everyone forgot about him.

Carr is not a sniper or superstar, but you need to have players like him that go 100% and crash the net for loose rebounds....something our top 6 forwards don't do (outside of Gallagher).

Bergevin has poisoned this team....directly with his player movements, and indirectly by hiring coaches that don't fit the players style

Carr's play did drop off a bit, but probably doesn't deserve to sit out this much lately.

Which is normal...everyone's play drops off a bit.....but you gotta keep playing our youth....Pleks will not win us game....D-Lo will not win us games.....same with Froese

So we will re-tool....and Bergevin will have the mandate to do it (just like 6 years ago).

Then next season, Price will stand on his head, we will be in the race for top position in the division, and they will scrap their re-tool plans and start benching youth when they make mistakes.....and we will have the Chuckie scenario happen all over again with guys like Mete-Sherbak-Hudon...

Just play the youth even when they make mistakes....if we had done this with Chuckie, we would ''at least'' have a #2C right now....instead of a winger

The Habs aren't going to just re-tool. The have too many holes to do that.

This team won't be a playoff team simply through free agency and trades. It's gonna take time with youth. The re-build has started my friends.

If you think we are gonna catch teams that are loaded with youth and talent like Boston, TBay and Toronto just by simply re-tooling --- you've lost your mind.

The Habs aren't going to just re-tool. The have too many holes to do that.

This team won't be a playoff team simply through free agency and trades. It's gonna take time with youth. The re-build has started my friends.
They will try to retool, but I'm guessing that this team is in the bottom 10, maybe bottom 5, again next season. Do that enough times and yes, you're doing a poor mans rebuild.

Last edited:

So we will re-tool....and Bergevin will have the mandate to do it (just like 6 years ago).

Then next season, Price will stand on his head, we will be in the race for top position in the division, and they will scrap their re-tool plans and start benching youth when they make mistakes.....and we will have the Chuckie scenario happen all over again with guys like Mete-Sherbak-Hudon...

Just play the youth even when they make mistakes....if we had done this with Chuckie, we would ''at least'' have a #2C right now....instead of a winger

Not sure that happens this time. I think we could bounce back to a bubble team but they would need to do a lot of work to replace markov/radulov

The Habs were not that far off this year, a bad season by Price and the defense not gelling together did them in. They have to retool the D again in the off season and get Price back in top condition.

Back