• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The alumni is turning on Bergevin

And Carey Price wins games. Doesn't mean that nobody helped.

I would also imagine that Molson merely provided the pen stroke in the transaction. Safe bet that Molson was the footnote in the hiring process not Savard.

I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying. But Geoff Molson hired him, not Serge Savrad, who was a consultant. The problem is Molson, not Savard. Molson is too dumb to think on his own. Saved has no responsibility here. I make the important final decisions with my law practice, not the people who I consult with.!it’s my responsibility.

I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying. But Geoff Molson hires him, not Serge Savrad, who was a consultant. The problem is Molson, not Savard. Molson is too dumb to think on his own. Saved has no responsibility here.

Oh. We agree. At the end of the day, Molson is the one who asks Savard to consult, so whatever he decides is ON MOLSON.

Most of the time the head of corporation is advised on hirings. Many times they're not even in the room.

I imagine Molson was in the interviews, but the hiring of a GM is clearly a panel decision.

I actually think most if not all of Molsons decisions are made by other people when it comes to operations. Molson is generally seems to be pretty hands off.

Most of the time the head of corporation is advised on hirings. Many times they're not even in the room.

I imagine Molson was in the interviews, but the hiring of a GM is clearly a panel decision.

I actually think most if not all of Molsons decisions are made by other people when it comes to operations. Molson is generally seems to be pretty hands off.

I’m amazed by your willingness to not try and at least hide your stupidity on occasion.

Meh lawyers like precise language , I'm not offended. I should have said "they" instead of "he".

You can hire a consultant but ultimately it's up to you to decide whether to accept the consultant's views or not.

This is on Molson, period. He's too stupid to make the decision on his own though.

The Savard/Molson thing is somewhat like Trump and his cabinet. Molson, like Trump, has no original ideas of his own. He surrounds himself with people who have their own agendas and whichever one of them is able to be persuasive gets their way. With Trump, he will often take the advice of the last person who spoke to him because he's a friggin' moron with the attention span of a goldfish. In Molson's case, he hires advisers he respects. He respects Savard because he was a fan of Savard when he was a kid. Savard has his own agenda (i.e. keep francophone opportunities open by convincing Molson that coaches and GM's "must" be French, even though there is no proof that this is or should be true)

In the end, hiring Bergevin was Savard's preferred option but Molson is the boss and he is not bound to follow Savard's recommendation. He can choose to follow the advice or not. The buck stops with him.

Michael Andlauer formerly the Hamilton Bulldogs majority owner is presently the largest shareholder of the consortium (along with Bell) and acts as alternate governor to Jr. FWIW - like Claude Brochu,Jr condition to consortium members regardless of ownership holding %, was Jr would have final say in all hockey operations matters.

The interview & decision panel was Jr, the Alcoholic Cyclopse and Andlauer - McGuire has even said so many times....

Last edited:
Back