• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #43 | Bruins @ Canadiens | Jan 13, 2018 | 7:00

Couldn't help but notice the Bruins have gotten good value out of their recent middle first round picks (Pastrnak, DeBrusk, McAvoy).

Couldn't help but notice the Bruins have gotten good value out of their recent middle first round picks (Pastrnak, DeBrusk, McAvoy).

That is what i said last week, and few of their good players are in 2nd or late rounds(Heinen, Carlo).

Last edited:
And I also remember when many laughed at their picks and said the Bruins were going to be a cluster**** for years

And I also remember when many laughed at their picks and said the Bruins were going to be a cluster**** for years

Everyone laughed at their 3 consecutive picks in 2015. They took Jakub Zboril #13. Jake DeBrusk #14 and Zachary Senyshyn #15. They looked like terrible picks at the time. DeBrusk is actually looking pretty good though. The other 2 picks still look really bad. To be fair to the doubters... DeBrusk was the only one of the 3 that looked like he could be anything and that was the opinion at the time.

Pastrnak drafted #25 in 2014 has scored the most goals from that draft class. We drafted Nikita one pick later.

Phil Danault's dad updates on Facebook that Phil's scan came back normal and he confirmed he'll be kept in the hospital overnight for observation.

Everyone laughed at their 3 consecutive picks in 2015. They took Jakub Zboril #13. Jake DeBrusk #14 and Zachary Senyshyn #15. They looked like terrible picks at the time. DeBrusk is actually looking pretty good though. The other 2 picks still look really bad. To be fair to the doubters... DeBrusk was the only one of the 3 that looked like he could be anything and that was the opinion at the time.

Yep those pick were reaches.

With Barzal, Boeser and Chabot still on the board, those 3 consecutive 1rst round picks could have put this Boston team over the top.

They just did well enough with youth to be a good team and make the playoffs.

The rise of Brad Marchand offensively in the last 3 seasons did camouflage some average decisions they made with their forward group tho.

Last edited:
Yep those pick were reaches.

With Barzal, Boeser and Chabot still on the board, those 3 consecutive 1rst round picks could have put this Boston team over the top.

They just did well enough with youth to be a good team and make the playoffs.

The rise of Brad Marchand offensively in the last 3 seasons did camouflage some average decisions they made with their forward group tho.

Zaboril was picked about where he was expected but Barzal was a huge miss . I didn't mind the ZS pick , he has great wheels and can score and thought he was a sleeper in that draft .

Bottom line the B's have done a good job mixing youth with their vets when Julien was fired and played a more attacking game .

Habs were the better team.

2 awful breakdowns gave the Bruins the game.

That's our team , we have zero margin for error .

We can't out gun opponents and don't have the shut down D to win 2-1 games .

With 31 not at the top of his game it's tough to win .

Back