• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2016-17 Season

small sample size. he'll get his 2nd wind. he's got a family to feed.

The one and Only: SLY

- Est-ce que Louis Leblanc et Magnus Nygren ont BULLSHITÉ sur Sylvain Lefebvre?

- En entrevue avec un journal suédois, Magnus Nygren avait clamé que Sylvain Lefebvre ne cessait d'INSULTER la ligue suédoise en affirmant que les joueurs qui en faisaient partie ne savait pas jouer au hockey.

- Évidemment, il disait cela pour humilier Nygren.

- Inutile de vous rappeler que le nom de Lefebvre s'est retrouvé dans un scandale concernant Louis Leblanc.

- Le coach se servait de Leblanc pour l'humilier lors des entraînements, en accrochant des poids à ses patins, en le faisant suer devant tout le monde et en lui criant dessus sans cesse.

- «Sur la glace, il se fait toujours sermonner. Il se fait crier des noms et se fait traiter de pas bon. Il ne mérite pas ça. On lui dit de se défendre et d’aller leur dire sa façon de penser, mais Louis n’est pas ce genre de personne. Il est plutôt timide. Ça fait franchement pitié!» avait affirmé une source.

- «Ils lui ont attaché des élastiques aux chevilles et aux genoux pour lui apprendre, selon eux, la base du patin. On ne ferait même pas ça à un enfant. Ils ont complètement détruit sa confiance."

- Disons qu'avec les déclarations de Nygren, Sylvain Lefebvre paraît comme un FOU qui humilie et rabaisse ses joueurs à la moindre occasion.

- Mais aujourd'hui, les joueurs des IceCaps seraient tous en faveur de son retour à Laval.

- De quoi se poser des questions sur les allégations de Nygren et Leblanc....

can't wait for the movie on Sly and Leblanc

whiplash-02.jpg

I am sure he was crappy to Leblanc but given how Nero treated him on 24Ch, it was clearly with his full approval

Anyone else other than SLY was already out with kind of results and progress that prospects have made so far in last 5 years.

Last edited:

Translation: the AHL coach sucks.

I think it's more than that. Julien has made it clear to his guys that he values depth and will use it accordingly. Sitting out a game does not mean you're in the doghouse.

Isn't he the AHL coach for Ottawa?
No - he accepted a 1-yr deal w TBay to coach their AHL team in Syracuse because no other team had offered anything & he wanted to take the next step from juniors. The Sens interviewed him but only offered the Binghamton job to replace Luke Richardson, but he let them know TBay had already offered him their AHL gig, and would take it unless the Sens offered an NHL job. He's UFA this summer

I want Dominique Ducharme in Laval next year.

Would be an upgrade over Sly who has done jack shit with this club so far.

I also wouldn't mind Joel Bouchard has well. So refreshing to hear him talk on the radio.

No - he accepted a 1-yr deal w TBay to coach their AHL team in Syracuse because no other team had offered anything & he wanted to take the next step from juniors. The Sens interviewed him but only offered the Binghamton job to replace Luke Richardson, but he let them know TBay had already offered him their AHL gig, and would take it unless the Sens offered an NHL job. He's UFA this summer
Ok. Id take him over sly easily.

I think it's more than that. Julien has made it clear to his guys that he values depth and will use it accordingly. Sitting out a game does not mean you're in the doghouse.

Julien recently read The Game

Dryden talks about how Scotty would do that will all the depth guys to keep them all playing at 100%

Back