• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 MLB Off Season Thread

I'm in the process of setting things up on Fantrax so it's a bit of a mess right now.

All the old teams have been removed from the league with their rosters moving to the player pool and I've created teams for the new managers.

I forgot that I can't delete Taco's team because he has already paid for this season so I've contacted Fantrax to move his profile over to a blank team, so just waiting on that right now.

Next up, I'll work on inputting draft picks so we can use the Draft Room.

Ok, I figured out how to clear Taco's team without Fantrax doing anything so all is good there now too.

Onto the draft picks.

I'm in the process of setting things up on Fantrax so it's a bit of a mess right now.

All the old teams have been removed from the league with their rosters moving to the player pool and I've created teams for the new managers.

I forgot that I can't delete Taco's team because he has already paid for this season so I've contacted Fantrax to move his profile over to a blank team, so just waiting on that right now.

Next up, I'll work on inputting draft picks so we can use the Draft Room.

Thanks! Let us know if you need any help with anything. We'll have to monitor in the draft to make sure teams aren't grabbing guys from the FA pool and only from the dispersed rosters. Certainly interesting to see which direction the teams go with the rosters.

Draft picks are now configured.

All the picks that are in the dispersal draft are set to "(none)" so you won't be able to see them right now. They'll be updated as they get picked.

Thanks! Let us know if you need any help with anything. We'll have to monitor in the draft to make sure teams aren't grabbing guys from the FA pool and only from the dispersed rosters. Certainly interesting to see which direction the teams go with the rosters.

No problem, I had some time today to get things in order so it's nothing to me.

I'll get the managers set up on Fantrax when I can but they won't have access to claims or anything.

We'll do the dispersal draft outside of Fantrax... thinking I'll set up a group chat because not everyone wants to post on here, and then I can update the dispersal draft thread/import the picks as it goes along.

I came across an app last night called GroupMe that looks like a good communications app... I think it'd be a good idea to set up a group chat for the league on there.

Thoughts?

I'd use whatever the majority want.

That said, I know a bunch of us already use Whatsapp and it's perfect for group chat. Again, I'm good with whatever.

Love the idea of getting a league wide group chat going....with HP though where I'd prefer WhatsApp as that's where I already talk to everyone else, including a bunch of leaguemates here.

Re: 2018 Dispersal Draft

Thanks for putting together such a sizable list! You guys definitely go deep as there are a lot of names on the list I haven't even heard of! LOL

One thing I need to understand is the draft picks on the right side of the list. I take it those are assets we could draft instead of a player? Who gets drafted each year? Just the players who are selected in the actual MLB rookie draft? International free agent signings? Anyone unowned?

Thanks for putting together such a sizable list! You guys definitely go deep as there are a lot of names on the list I haven't even heard of! LOL

One thing I need to understand is the draft picks on the right side of the list. I take it those are assets we could draft instead of a player? Who gets drafted each year? Just the players who are selected in the actual MLB rookie draft? International free agent signings? Anyone unowned?

Yes, you can take one of those picks instead of a player. The first year draft is for anyone who has signed with an MLB team who's not on a roster; generally speaking, it's a combination of the players in last year's MLB draft, or any international amateurs from the past year, or any international established players who've signed. After the first couple rounds you sometimes start seeing guys who were not on one of our rosters at the end of last year get picked, but as you can see, given the depth that the league goes to, those tend to be more bench bats, or bullpen arms who someone wants to take a flyer on. Teams also have to leave a couple players unprotected before the draft, so sometimes those guys get taken as well.

You can look on the boards here for the draft thread from last year to have an idea of what those picks might be worth. I would assume that pick 1 or 2 will be Ohtani, for example, and then usually the next few top picks will be the top guys in the MLB draft from last year, or the top amateur free agents from last year.

I came across an app last night called GroupMe that looks like a good communications app... I think it'd be a good idea to set up a group chat for the league on there.

Thoughts?

I like the idea of a group chat on an app, especially if we are doing the dispersal draft outside of the Fantrax website. Open for giving anything a try, just tell me which app to download.

I was talking to Kris last night and he doesn't really have internet access during weekdays, so I was thinking we should plan an hour or two an evening where the six guys can get on and hammer a bunch of rounds away.

I don't see why there's any reason we can't get this started now...

So, Action Jackson... you're on the clock.

Will the new teams have to leave players unprotected or will we waive that for this season?

Should probably waive that for this season (especially if we're forcing teams to dump their unprotected players, doesn't make sense for them to draft guys, then release them and add them back later). I guess the dispersal draft should go through as long as those teams can legally keep adding players to their roster (or picks), and then teams can essentially pass at some point to note that they're done picking?

Back