• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2017

I have no idea what this is telling us

The red areas mean that when the player is on the ice (5v5), his team gives up more than the league average of shots/60 from that area. The more red, the further above league average.

The blue areas are below where you are below league.

What these show is that Zaitsev is giving up a ton of shots from high danger areas.

Petry is not.

The red areas mean that when the player is on the ice (5v5), his team gives up more than the league average of shots/60 from that area. The more red, the further above league average.

The blue areas are below where you are below league.

What these show is that Zaitsev is giving up a ton of shots from high danger areas.

Petry is not.

Given his new contract, the Leafs seem, rightly or wrongly, not to care too much about that.

I don't get all the Petry bashing on this site. He's not an AS but he got close to 30 points on the 2nd pair PP. RH d-men are not abundant in the NHL.

I don't get all the Petry bashing on this site. He's not an AS but he got close to 30 points on the 2nd pair PP. RH d-men are not abundant in the NHL.

He's a fine number 3, who gets paid like a number 3.

People expect him to never make a mistake. Its an unfair expectation, cause that's why he's a number 3 and not a number 1. Mistakes are going to sometimes happen.

He's a fine number 3, who gets paid like a number 3.

People expect him to never make a mistake. Its an unfair expectation, cause that's why he's a number 3 and not a number 1. Mistakes are going to sometimes happen.

I sometimes wonder if the harsh critics pay attention when (if) they watch other NHL teams. Turnovers are a common occurrence.

I sometimes wonder if the harsh critics pay attention when (if) they watch other NHL teams. Turnovers are a common occurrence.

remember when ppl wanted theo peckham ?

zaitsni91

petryje87

You posted this yesterday on our board and seemed to accept the rebuttal to it?

You posted this yesterday on our board and seemed to accept the rebuttal to it?
The fact that zaitsev is a high event player who has a good chart at the offensive end. Sure.

I agree with that.

The idea that he is in the same level of shot suppression as the other d zeke named. No i didnt agree to that. I said they are better shot supressers but have less of the high level offensive events. So the xgf is the same.

I guess the question still is. With that good offensive chart is that zaitsev driving play or is it cause he plays with matthews, marner, nylander et all. The leafs are a high event team at both ends. Is zaitsev driving that play?

I think zaitsev is probably a number 4 d when all is said and done. This idea that hes a mega bargain compared to Petry. Im not convinced at that.

I think zekes evaluation that he is on par with vlassic, keith, etc... is loony.

The fact that zaitsev is a high event player who has a good chart at the offensive end. Sure.

I agree with that.

The idea that he is in the same level of shot suppression as the other d zeke named. No i didnt agree to that. I said they are better shot supressers but have less of the high level offensive events. So the xgf is the same.

I guess the question still is. With that good offensive chart is that zaitsev driving play or is it cause he plays with matthews, marner, nylander et all. The leafs are a high event team at both ends. Is zaitsev driving that play?

I think zaitsev is probably a number 4 d when all is said and done. This idea that hes a mega bargain compared to Petry. Im not convinced at that.

I think zekes evaluation that he is on par with vlassic, keith, etc... is loony.

There's a couple different arguments mixed in there, I think...

Feel like since you posted the charts, then acknowledged it was fair to point out that it doesn't capture usage/the Leafs being a high event team, it'd make sense for you to mention that when you reposted the charts here though.

There's a couple different arguments mixed in there, I think...

Feel like since you posted the charts, then acknowledged it was fair to point out that it doesn't capture usage/the Leafs being a high event team, it'd make sense for you to mention that when you reposted the charts here though.

As a die hard Leaf fan HL do you guys care what the charts look like if your winning and he is playing well . He might of been your best D this year .

As a die hard Leaf fan HL do you guys care what the charts look like if your winning and he is playing well . He might of been your best D this year .

apparently they care if fans of another team question a move

no mistakes are only made by our players, rule 35 at forumice.com

Think you missed what I was trying to say.

BKerr presented an argument in the form of charts on one board and someone responded with a solid rebuttal which he seemed to agree with so I asked why he'd post them again after that on another board without comment.

With regards to Zaitsev, I think he is a good top 4 guy and I'm pleased with the deal. Moreso for having him locked down at that amount when we have to pay our kids and he's into UFA years.

Think you missed what I was trying to say.

BKerr presented an argument in the form of charts on one board and someone responded with a solid rebuttal which he seemed to agree with so I asked why he'd post them again after that on another board without comment.

With regards to Zaitsev, I think he is a good top 4 guy and I'm pleased with the deal. Moreso for having him locked down at that amount when we have to pay our kids and he's into UFA years.

Translation: screw the analytics, he passes the eye test.

Translation: screw the analytics, he passes the eye test.

No...

It was pointed out that the charts don't account for usage and the fact that the Leafs are a high event team. Peruse the Zaitsev thread if you're interested in the numbers.

No...

It was pointed out that the charts don't account for usage and the fact that the Leafs are a high event team. Peruse the Zaitsev thread if you're interested in the numbers.

We can always count on you to take yourself way too seriously.

Back