• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canadiens acquire Joel Armia and Steve Mason

Chris Johnston
@reporterchris
Steve Mason (MTL) and Tyler Ennis (MIN) are on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buyout.

Never mind, Mason on waivers for purpose of buyout.

Not a great deal. What will the buyout numbers look like?

Shouldn’t we get more in return for helping Jets with over 4M cap relief ?

Yeah, I was thinking just that.

Did we really get anything worthwhile? A 4rth and 7th rounder.

Unless I’m misding something and Armia has some kind of market value I’m not seeing

CapFriendly
@CapFriendly
·
14m
With goaltender Steve Mason on unconditional waivers, here is how a buyout will breakdown against the #Habs for the next two seasons.

They will take on a $1,366,667 cap hit in both seasons.

We saved the Jets $1.3m in cap space for 2 seasons. On and $80M cap that's not worth a ton. I'd like it to have been more... but if this was the best we could do, I prefer making the deal rather than another team doing it.

We got a 25 year old top 9 wing, 2 picks and gave up zero! What’s not to like?[SUB][/SUB]

Well MB had to take on a shitty contract buy it out and just lost 1.366 on the cap the next two years.

One if the richest teams in the league and we will once again likely be significantly uner the cap

1.3 for two years I think

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That’s not too bad. Still would have liked a pick in the first three rounds at least. Now if Armia surprises I’ll retract my disapproval.

CapFriendly
@CapFriendly
·
14m
With goaltender Steve Mason on unconditional waivers, here is how a buyout will breakdown against the #Habs for the next two seasons.

They will take on a $1,366,667 cap hit in both seasons.

The Habs are now that team. The one that takes on contracts to reach the cap.

We got a 25 year old top 9 wing, 2 picks and gave up zero! What’s not to like?[SUB][/SUB]

So giving up Bourque is shit (it is) but the return isn’t shit? The picks don’t impress me in the least. Armia better work out. All of a sudden the Habs are loaded with Finns.

We saved the Jets $1.3m in cap space for 2 seasons. On and $80M cap that's not worth a ton. I'd like it to have been more... but if this was the best we could do, I prefer making the deal rather than another team doing it.

It’s the best Bergevin could do and we all know it shouldn’t be left up to him.

I honestly don't see why we even bothered helping the Jets in this situation ?

All this for a 4th and 7th rounder ? And we got a kid that's 25 but was never able to impress in the NHL ?

Back