• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2016-17 Season

At this point, what's the use of even dressing him? Just put Mitchell or McCarron in if he's just going to rot there.

At least dress Mitchell of Flynn, Martinsen has zero offense in his game.

Nah... most of us don't think we know everything. For instance, I know that Julien knows far, far, far more than me about coaching. I do know (or at least think I know) when I see a glaring mistake though. Same with when I see Weber or Galchenyuk or any other player make a big mistake on the ice. Doesn't mean I think I know how to play hockey better than those guys.

There are some people here who think they know everything and deserve a coach or GM job in this league, just sayin!!

Just curious, what do you see as the core? Price, Max and Weber? Anyone else? Clearly Galchenyuk is not core or else he wouldn't be bounced all around the lineup and playing on the 4th line.

Players you built a team around. So for this team, I would have Price, Weber, Markov, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk. Granted, this team doesn't see Galchenyuk as one considering how they've consistently misused him over the years and I think he's all but gone this off season.

PLayers like Petry/Radulov are nice complimentary players, but if they're the ones you build your teams around, you're in deep shit.

Players you built a team around. So for this team, I would have Price, Weber, Markov, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk. Granted, this team doesn't see Galchenyuk as one considering how they've consistently misused him over the years and I think he's all but gone this off season.

PLayers like Petry/Radulov are nice complimentary players, but if they're the ones you build your teams around, you're in deep shit.

Galchenyuk better not be ****ing gone this off season. I will be super pissed.

Julien is better than Therrien....but, he was still hired because he speaks French....

If there was any truth to the rumours that Gerard Gallant had an interview lined-up with Habs, then Bruins screwed us badly by firing Julien that week....couldn't they have waited an extra few days...until Habs hire Gallant.

Julien is the same as the other Lemaire jock-sniffers

Which is super dumb....because at worst....at worst....he's a top 6 winger...at worst....

How do you put a 30th goal scorer, coming back from a year with injuries, on the 4th line....let the kid play top 6 and let him work it out.....as if Pleks or King can work it out better ???

We need goals, that's how you win....not by preventing goals to play for a 0-0 tie. But that's been the Habs in a nutshell for the past 20 years

Julien is better than Therrien....but, he was still hired because he speaks French....

If there was any truth to the rumours that Gerard Gallant had an interview lined-up with Habs, then Bruins screwed us badly by firing Julien that week....couldn't they have waited an extra few days...until Habs hire Gallant.

Julien is the same as the other Lemaire jock-sniffers
The love for Gallant is kind of over the top.

Because we have Price, management will never feel the pressure of doing their job well....Price acts like a blanket to hide all the team's faults

I love how people keep saying Leafs have no defense so their screwed....really ? They made the playoffs....because they can score goals.....scoring goals gets you out of a jam. Having a nice defensive system, with great dmen, with the best goalie in the world (Price) doesn't seem to equate success in the playoffs over the past 5-10 years.

We are fooked...we have to rebuild or retool.....or give the reigns to Chuckie and live with his defensive faults

Management is greasing us for a trade

Trading Subban and Galchenyuk just because they don't fit the Jacques Lemaire School of coaching will set this team back years

This is not 1970's......in 2017, your system should adapt to your players' strengths, not force your players to adapt to the system.

I don't see Quennville benching Kane because he floats on defensive assignments.....Chuckie doesn't put up Kane numbers, but he scored 30 goals while playing much less minutes than Kane....imagine if we let him loose (we will never mistake Chuckie for Kane....just giving an example)

You are preaching to the choir but Bergevin does not flash. He orders his coaches to hammer at flash.

Last edited:

Management is greasing us for a trade
Listening to Julien's PC at noon, leads to the polar opposite conclusion. Kept talking about how young Galchenyuk still is, needing to manage each young player differently, because their growth curves are all different. My takeaway was: Galchenyuk is Julien's long term pet project, he'll take it slow & steady.

Trading Subban and Galchenyuk just because they don't fit the Jacques Lemaire School of coaching will set this team back years

This is not 1970's......in 2017, your system should adapt to your players' strengths, not force your players to adapt to the system.

I don't see Quennville benching Kane because he floats on defensive assignments.....Chuckie doesn't put up Kane numbers, but he scored 30 goals while playing much less minutes than Kane....imagine if we let him loose (we will never mistake Chuckie for Kane....just giving an example)

You are so correct. Players like Subban and Galchenyuk are the talents and that is what you mold around not the other way way around. If they trade Chuckie I for one will follow him and support him because he is a talent and great for the game. I am not going to give up on the Habs of course, but this non sense needs to stop.

We really missed Subban yesterday. He's the exact type of player we need right now. He's such a playoffs monster.

I like Weber and all, but since the PP has become laughable he's become redundant.

With Subban gone and Galchenyuk not allowed to play we don't have much hope of creating offence in the playoffs.

Weber was by far out best defensemen yesterday but yeah, we miss Subban. Also let's not ignore that Subban was badly outplayed by McDonagh the last time we met.

Markov is too old to be core now and given their contracts, you have to put Petry and Shaw in there. Whether it's a smart decision is another story.

Markov is too old to be core now and given their contracts, you have to put Petry and Shaw in there. Whether it's a smart decision is another story.

Markov is a core player by necessaity. He's a player we've been looking to replace as the top pairing d-man for 3 years now. In an ideal world, he wouldn't be, but...

I don't consider Petry or Shaw core players, even if their contracts are long & expensive. They're both complimentary players. The same way I wouldn't consider Niklas Hjalmarsson a core player on Chicago.

For me, to be considered a "core" players, you have to be one of the key players on the team. If those players have a bad year or they get injured longterm, the team will be noticeable worst. Imagine this team without one of MaxPac/Price/Weber for a month or two. They're screwed. Heck, lose Galchenyuk/Gallagher/Markov for a while and this team will be noticeable worse. Gallagher & Galchenyuk having bad years due to injuries has hampered the team severely. Petry being injured would hurt this team, but not as much as the other players. As for Shaw, would most people even notice? He's a 30 point player who takes dumb penalties.

Weber was by far out best defensemen yesterday but yeah, we miss Subban. Also let's not ignore that Subban was badly outplayed by McDonagh the last time we met.

27 played better than he ever has before in those six games. He hasn't played at that level since.

I could deal with the decision to "teach" Galchenyuk a lesson if this team was stacked offensively. News Flash... they aren't.

When you lack scoring threats and your goalie is the best in the world, the decision SHOULD be to pair him with a defensively responsible player to cover for him. Not turn him into Torrey Mitchell.

Last nights usage was total horse shit . We know 27 has defensive issues , but playing your top 3 skilled player second fiddle to the rest of this roster is asinine .

You dont trust him at C .....fine move him to the wing

You dont trust him with a lead with 3-5 minutes to go.....fine shorten your bench and sit him .

But when he doesnt play on your top 9 where you can easily play him with 11 and Shaw at C or any other combo is clearly an agenda by Nero signalling his exit , and I hope Radu jumps ship so the axe can fall on this entire regime .

Back