• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rangers vs Canadiens - First Round Playoff Thread

TheCountofMonteCristo

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator
Staff member
Playoffs might be a week away but since we are pretty certain to be playing them (by my calculation, Columbus has the tiebreaker on goals for/against), why not start the thread now.

Keys for me to be successful, in no particular order

a) Make sure Kreider does not Kreider Price again. I would also want one of our bigs to get him good if he goes within 10 feet of Price.

b) Balanced scoring. Seems obvious but the last few games at least, we have had scoring from a number of lines, not just relying on Pacioretty and Radulov to score for us.

c) Price be the Price of October-December and mid Feb to now and for Lundquist to remember he is terrible against us.

d) Contain the Rangers speed like we did the last game we played them. They are faster than we are, and do score more. However, we have better D in my view albeit slower. Needless to say, we will be in tough if Weber and Benn are not healthy as I would prefer not to enter the playoffs with a pair of Davidson and Nesterov.

e) Some goals on the power play. The one aspect of the team that has not improved since Dauterive took over is the power play. We cannot be as bad as we have been or else the Rangers might take liberties. Even if we go at 18%, that should be enough.

f) Use our increased size from the deadline to punish their forwards and their D. I would put a target on McDonagh and hit him every time he has the puck.

All in all, I figure we should win the series. We owe them for 2014.

Re: Rangers vs Canadiens- First Round Playoff thread

Renaud Lavoie was on the Fan 590 talking about this series. He said he talked to insiders from both organizations and found the Canadiens are entirely comfortable playing the Rangers, however the opposite isn't true.

Round 2 will be easier than Round 1.

Any notable injuries for the Rangers?

Re: Rangers vs Canadiens - First Round Playoff thread

McDonagh has been out, but likely a Weber situation.

Assuming Weber plays, we'll take it in 6 or 7. Our biggest edge is behind the bench.

What about King Hendrik's career losing record & .898 Sv % vs Price's record against NYR?

The King was okay against us in 2014. I think he'll be okay this time too. Julien's coaching will devise schemes to neutralize the Rags speed advantage.

im guessing habs in 6 at worst

im guessing habs in 6 at worst

It is a harder opponent than the 3rd place team in our own division but we should win the series.

In fact, I would consider the post season a failure if we don't get to the 3rd round.

We are 14-3-1 in our last 18 under Dauterive

It is a harder opponent than the 3rd place team in our own division but we should win the series.

In fact, I would consider the post season a failure if we don't get to the 3rd round.

We are 14-3-1 in our last 18 under Dauterive
I'm with you on that. Easy trip to the east final.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah we should make it to the finals but we've got to play the games first.

good Friday!

would love a repeat of this Good Friday game

[video=youtube;6B1-c3y_Vng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B1-c3y_Vng[/video]

I am sure a few guys on our team would love to hammer Kreider like Sleigher did to Hamel

I believe Martinsen-Ott and King will most likely start the first match as 4th liners.

Back