• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The what now thread...

In what world are the Montreal Canadiens not a cap team? So strange.
Par for the course, 3rd week of July till end of Aug is essentially a non-official freeze period in the NHL as GMs tune out for vacation...

There will be action again as training camp approaches / starts. Whether MB is part of any "action"remains to be seen...

Par for the course, 3rd week of July till end of Aug is essentially a non-official freeze period in the NHL as GMs tune out for vacation...

There will be action again as training camp approaches / starts. Whether MB is part of any "action"remains to be seen...

There should be some action this week as Will Butcher can sign with any team as of Tuesday.

I think its a 2 year ELC 950K or whatever the league max is for rooks

Not sure if he is entitled to bonus money

Spending to try to win is better than being cheap and sucking. We have no prospects, so we have no reason to be cheap.

Trying to win is great, except there are no free agents worth 8 million, or 4 million, whatever out there.

And we have no prospects to trade to get high end players.

So what do you want to do to spend 8 million to get to the cap, overpay on scrubs?

Trying to win is great, except there are no free agents worth 8 million, or 4 million, whatever out there.

And we have no prospects to trade to get high end players.

So what do you want to do to spend 8 million to get to the cap, overpay on scrubs?

Markov or Radulov for starters.

I understand that there is no one left. However there were players available.

I refuse to let this boards (esp the MB apologists) narrative shift from "something will happen with the money" to "it was stupid to waste ownerships money"

The narrative has always been that something will happen.

Markov or Radulov for starters.

I understand that there is no one left. However there were players available.

I refuse to let this boards (esp the MB apologists) narrative shift from "something will happen with the money" to "it was stupid to waste ownerships money"

The narrative has always been that something will happen.

Ah yes. I hear you.

I don't get the MB apologists. Other than vanek and petry, he's done sweet **** all come trade deadline, other than radulov he's done sweet **** all come free agency, but somehow he's supposed to buck all these trends and somehow find the habs a star player, get to the cap, and fill the hole at center.

Must be nice to be that delusional. Also understand how the leaf fans stayed sane for all these years.

Last edited:
Back