• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

you have the admin not just lying, but blaming the media for lying when they just told the truth....and then threatening to hold them accountable for it.

This is important stuff, no matter how much you guys want to pretend otherwise.

If you think anyone who cares about politics should choose now of all times to stop and concentrate on other things, you're a dumdum.

It's worrisome Trump spends so much of his time on this nonsense. It's all about him. His ego is so big. He's got bigger problems.
He actually tweeted about Arnold's ratings for Celebrity Apprentice. And he claims he only tweets because the media lies about him...
It tells me he's freaked out. By focusing on this kind of prebubescent crap he distracts himself from the stress of governing. It's one thing to say something in passing but to fixate on these ridiculously miniscule topics shows serious emotional problems.

Let me ask you.

Did you honestly, in your heart of hearts, expect anything different?

yeah. i did expect him to do his job, which is to badly attempt to be president. instead he's just going for more laughs and cheers from the same people who elected him (and nobody else)

guess what? it doesn't matter what I expect but many of his voters expect him to stop campaigning at this point.

you have the admin not just lying, but blaming the media for lying when they just told the truth....and then threatening to hold them accountable for it.

If you think anyone who cares about politics should choose now of all times to stop and concentrate on other things, you're a dumdum.
The media is trying to delegitimize Trump while Trump is trying to delegitimize the media. It's really quite surreal.

the media isn't doing anything but their jobs.

friggen trump just went to the CIA's hall of heroes and complained about crowd size coverage. An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

yeah. i did expect him to do his job, which is to badly attempt to be president. instead he's just going for more laughs and cheers from the same people who elected him (and nobody else)

guess what? it doesn't matter what I expect but many of his voters expect him to stop campaigning at this point.
This is pretty much exactly what I expected. He'll put people in place to actually do the work while he gobbles up all the camera time he can. Believe me, you'd rather that than him actually trying to come up with stuff.

It's very important. And maybe nothing substantial will happen during the next 4 years, but the odds of social strife has gone way up IMO. Might not be such a bad thing to reboot America.

I think voters were right to disrupt the political establishment, but I always maintained that Trump was/is the wrong vehicle for that message.

This is pretty much exactly what I expected. He'll put people in place to actually do the work while he gobbles up all the camera time he can. Believe me, you'd rather that than him actually trying to come up with stuff.

Fair enough. But his BS, if it continues unabated, will interfere immensely with the actual work. Public relations and messaging is not a trivial matter.

the media isn't doing anything but their jobs.

friggen trump just went to the CIA's hall of heroes and complained about crowd size coverage. An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.
Like Fox did to Obama MSNBC and CNN along with the major networks have their commentators spewing a lot of crap about his legitimacy. The actual news portion of those networks are doing their jobs, not the opinion commentators.

Trump has waged a war to try and delegitimize these networks in attempt to minimize the damage they can cause him and also because it's now his ball and he wants to take it and go home.

How about media reporting he removed the bust of MLK when it never happened? These type of stories give him fuel to decry the media.

Fair enough. But his BS, if it continues unabated, will interfere immensely with the actual work. Public relations and messaging is not a trivial matter.
No, it isn't. His words can effect markets and currency value. Hopefully someone gets that through to him.

I wish Trump was a stock. I'd short the **** out of it. He's already started with a very low approval rating and he's wetting the bed during the honeymoon period. His numbers will go lower.

How about media reporting he removed the bust of MLK when it never happened? These type of stories give him fuel to decry the media.

perfect for the propagandists. if you list one real news inaccuracy (MLK), it gives you license to add 4 BS items to the list.

I wish Trump was a stock. I'd short the **** out of it. He's already started with a very low approval rating and he's wetting the bed during the honeymoon period. His numbers will go lower.
Yep. I wonder why anyone, including Trump, would wonder why the President with the lowest incoming approval rating in history, would have a smaller crowd than other Presidents had.

Yep. I wonder why anyone, including Trump, would wonder why the President with the lowest incoming approval rating in history, would have a smaller crowd than other Presidents had.

A sane version of Trump would say something like, "not everyone voted for me but let's revisit this in 4 years after I do all these great things for our country" and list all the good stuff instead of rattling about American carnage

Back