• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly: Game #4: Blackhawks @ Canadiens

It is far from time to panic yet. We are actually not playing all that bad. We have horrible puck luck and everything so far has gone against us from goals called back to tons of goal post or pucks that may or may not have been in. We drastically need a good fast puck moving D though. Top priority imo.

Re: The Good The Bad & The Ugly: Game #4: Blackhawks @ Canadiens

I'd like to see them at 10%, I agree that 2.5% is unsustainable but you also have to take into consideration who's taking the shot? A lot of shots by plumbers.
Its not though. Max has his shots. Byron breakaways. Drouin. Lehkonen. Hudon. Chuck. Webers slapper. They all have their shots.

Expect about 8%

Shots might be from high danger area but I don't see many quality shots. They are either from too close (no angles), partially missed (player was bothered by a stick or something) or shot straight at the goalie.
I thought lundqvist crawford and holtby all had great games.

It is far from time to panic yet. We are actually not playing all that bad. We have horrible puck luck and everything so far has gone against us from goals called back to tons of goal post or pucks that may or may not have been in. We drastically need a good fast puck moving D though. Top priority imo.

Schlemko is supposed to play on Saturday. Prayers answered.

Shots might be from high danger area but I don't see many quality shots. They are either from too close (no angles), partially missed (player was bothered by a stick or something) or shot straight at the goalie.

That’s my point, I see players like Danault, Plekanec, petry etc... who don’t exactly take quality shots.

And that’s been my point for a while, we dont have very good shooters/finishers

I thought lundqvist crawford and holtby all had great games.

We seem to make a lot of goalies look better than they are.

Lets be honest...Lundqvist was shaky all night, fumbling pucks, often out of position, rebounds, looking around him after a save.

He was rusty.....despite that he managed a shutout.

The game for Holtby and Crawford was a piece of cake, shots were not threatening and there was little traffic in front of them

That’s my point, I see players like Danault, Plekanec, petry etc... who don’t exactly take quality shots.

And that’s been my point for a while, we dont have very good shooters/finishers
Plekanec has a history of scoring 20 a year. He is way down now but its not his shooting percentage that is outside of normal levels... its the quantity of shots he gets that is way down.

Danault was a decent enough shooter last year percentage wise.

Petry's career shooting percentage is fine for a player of his ilk.. second pair offensive d.

Their shooting does not explain the team being a good 7-8% lower than the norm

We seem to make a lot of goalies look better than they are.

Lets be honest...Lundqvist was shaky all night, fumbling pucks, often out of position, rebounds, looking around him after a save.

He was rusty.....despite that he managed a shutout.

The game for Holtby and Crawford was a piece of cake, shots were not threatening and there was little traffic in front of them
I dont buy that. I think its not giving enough credit to three good goalies

Plekanec has a history of scoring 20 a year. He is way down now but its not his shooting percentage that is outside of normal levels... its the quantity of shots he gets that is way down.

Danault was a decent enough shooter last year percentage wise.

Petry's career shooting percentage is fine for a player of his ilk.. second pair offensive d.

Their shooting does not explain the team being a good 7-8% lower than the norm

I’m not talking stats...just for a second tell us what you think by a simple eye ball test.

Those were just examples of three players i noticed the last game shooting the puck like pee wee players.

Goal scoring is about having an ability to shoot the puck well...we don’t have many guys that shoot the puck well.

And we continuously ask ourselves each year why we have issues scoring, its a redundant issue we’ve had especially in the playoffs when goal scoring is that much harder

lundqvist got blown out the night before..I dont buy that we ran into a good goalie...he was battling the puck all night.

Ill give you Holtby and Crawford played as they usually do which is well but we still make life easy on goalies, its a fact.

We are not a team that drives pucks to the net and we are not a team with many snipers. If you dont create traffic in front of the net and we dont really have all but one maybe two natural shooters in Max and AG how hard is it to play goal against us?

Lundquist was awesome in the series against Ottawa last April after the Rangers beat us, wasn't he? I admire your optimism but our offense stinks.

Lundquist was awesome in the series against Ottawa last April after the Rangers beat us, wasn't he? I admire your optimism but our offense stinks.

Pretty much.

We wont be averaging a goal a game but the offense will likely be bottom ten in the league.

And it all starts at center...until this team stops leaning on Plekanec and Danault for offense it wont get much better

I’m not talking stats...just for a second tell us what you think by a simple eye ball test.

Those were just examples of three players i noticed the last game shooting the puck like pee wee players.

Goal scoring is about having an ability to shoot the puck well...we don’t have many guys that shoot the puck well.

And we continuously ask ourselves each year why we have issues scoring, its a redundant issue we’ve had especially in the playoffs when goal scoring is that much harder
We have never shot 2.5%. Even the worst scoring teams in nhl history dont shoot that. It remains unsustainable

We have never shot 2.5%. Even the worst scoring teams in nhl history dont shoot that. It remains unsustainable

I agree, but you’re missing the point most of us are making in that this team will once again be very mediocre offensively.

I think we’re all smart enough to know we will not average a goal a game.

But we will have issues scoring this year unless MB finds a way to bring in better talent

This is not a very good offensive team

I agree, but you’re missing the point most of us are making in that this team will once again be very mediocre offensively.

But we will have issues scoring this year unless MB finds a way to bring in better talent

They'll be around where they were last year (15th last year)... a middle of the pack offensive team.

Good defensively.

Good overall... but not good enough without added offensive talent.

I agree we need more offensive talent to really contend... but the panic here has been that the sky is falling. It's not.

You can only kick the can down the road so long before you run out of road. Our poor drafting and developing has finally caught up to us where our depth is putrid .

We dealt our only stud trade chip for a local kid who probably can't fill our biggest need .

We are the Vancouver Canucks of the east.

Re: The Good The Bad & The Ugly: Game #4: Blackhawks @ Canadiens

I suspect Jerabek will also be called up shortly, these are not solutions but will help somewhat short term

So, did they just send him down to get some games under his belt in North America? Or does he really slot in under Davidson, Streit ?

Back