• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: March Madness

Canada's best player -- RJ Barrett is only 17. So repeat next year?

The NCAA has its issues, but the sports are great to watch.

?

What sports? The football is terrible outside of the dozen or so games when the top programs are actually forced to play against one another, basketball is dreadful and hockey is basically Junior level hockey.

?

What sports? The football is terrible outside of the dozen or so games when the top programs are actually forced to play against one another, basketball is dreadful and hockey is basically Junior level hockey.
I love college basketball and football.

I see Louisville lost its appeal and will have its 2013 National Championship vacated. I find it completely ridiculous that the NCAA thinks it can make championships disappear like how Krustchev removed all references to Stalin in USSR text books. Apparently Louisville got hookers and lap dances for athletes.

Louisville has to return tv and conference money too.

Cardinals should have used the UNC defence which was "**** you, we did nothing wrong" "**** you we did nothing wrong". Finally the NCAA gave up.

I received the email this morning by interim President Greg Postel explaining the decision. And I will quote the most important sentence in his letter:

''I cannot say this strongly enough: We believe the NCAA is simply wrong.''

Guys like Rick Pitino, John Calipari, Roy Williams, Jim Calhoun, Coach K, should force the NCAA to kiss their feet.....thanks to them that the NCAA generates so much money....there's always storylines behind these guys

The moment the rumours came out last year, the first thing I said was: ''how the **** can UNC get away with it, but not Louisville''

One difference of course is that the NCAA cannot look into whether or not a course is a good one or not. As long as anyone can take the course, there is no impermissible benefit to an athlete.

Here if Pitino had said anyone on campus who wants a lap dance gets one courtesy of me, not sure the NCAA could have done anything.

UNC had a better defence and it also basically said, take some sucks to Emmert.

Back