• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The ****ing 2017-18 Season

Vegas looked clearly better than L.A. That was a good game to watch? Tons of thuggery, not as bad as the Wild game, but pretty close. Chippy and crosschecks galore. The Leafs and the Lightning are the class of the NHL in terms of watchability.

Vegas was skating circles around the Kings. They play a fantastic puck control game, they almost never give up possession cheaply.

If the officiating wasn't in playoff mode, Vegas spends half of the game on the PP.

Basically, Vegas works harder every single second of the game than any other team in the league, and sometimes its not close.
Makes me think of that movie where the guy had to keep moving or he'd die.

That's why we always underestimate Vegas. you can't put a price on work ethic.
Although George gets so much credit, if I am a team looking for a GM, grab Kelly McCrimmon for the job he's done as assistant GM. Surprised it took him so long to get into the NHL.

That's why we always underestimate Vegas. you can't put a price on work ethic.
Although George gets so much credit, if I am a team looking for a GM, grab Kelly McCrimmon for the job he's done as assistant GM. Surprised it took him so long to get into the NHL.

It was partially his own choice.

Leafs were after him a few years back but he would not leave his team where he was an owner.

It was partially his own choice.

Leafs were after him a few years back but he would not leave his team where he was an owner.
I suspect he just didn't want to play second banana to Mark Hunter.

Which makes sense. McCrimmon's reputation in junior hockey circles is at least as good as Hunter's. And he was in the same position as Hunter, where he'd be leaving a very successful junior team that he owns and operates.

Why not wait until an NHL team steps up to give you complete authority over your own scouting department?

Basically, Vegas works harder every single second of the game than any other team in the league, and sometimes its not close.
Makes me think of that movie where the guy had to keep moving or he'd die.

large_bDLiyoxdK8mZHaeYVOxMZj7WGkb.jpg

search on youtube the trailer for a new movie called "Upgrade". sci fi action that is definitely going for the gruesome action

I suspect he just didn't want to play second banana to Mark Hunter.

Which makes sense. McCrimmon's reputation in junior hockey circles is at least as good as Hunter's. And he was in the same position as Hunter, where he'd be leaving a very successful junior team that he owns and operates.

Why not wait until an NHL team steps up to give you complete authority over your own scouting department?

The way I remember it is he would be equal to Hunter.

Hunter would be the head of OHL scouting and McCrimmon would be the head of WHL scouting.

The way I remember it is he would be equal to Hunter.

Hunter would be the head of OHL scouting and McCrimmon would be the head of WHL scouting.
Someone's still got to make the final call at the draft table, though.

And I doubt Hunter would've been willing to give that up to McCrimmon, or vice-versa.

I know Boston's good, but this would be a pretty whimpering end of the season. Thought Babcock would give them some more fire. Like they had against Washington.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that could turn things. Naz coming back, you have to think that guy has something to prove now. He must’ve been sitting on nails watching last night’s game.

I’m still surprised Bergeron is our at all. If it was that Pleks hit, it didn’t look like much. I’ll be surprised if he’s not playing tomorrow. But pleasantly surprised.

Oh, also, whoever this ****ing NBC guy is calling the games, Gary something? I’ve heard his voice for years and in my nightmares. I hate him so much. Anyway, we’ve lost all three that he’s called.

Game 3 was I think Buccigrass or however you spell his name, and he was legit excellent.

Yeah, that could turn things. Naz coming back, you have to think that guy has something to prove now. He must’ve been sitting on nails watching last night’s game.

I’m still surprised Bergeron is our at all. If it was that Pleks hit, it didn’t look like much. I’ll be surprised if he’s not playing tomorrow. But pleasantly surprised.

Oh, also, whoever this ****ing NBC guy is calling the games, Gary something? I’ve heard his voice for years and in my nightmares. I hate him so much. Anyway, we’ve lost all three that he’s called.

Game 3 was I think Buccigrass or however you spell his name, and he was legit excellent.

Cassidy said it's an injury Bergy has been dealing with for a while. So Pleks hit may have aggravated it, but did not cause it.

Back