• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2017

Didn't know about Simon. He's only been out of the game for 3-4 years according to hockey db, as he went to Russia for a few years. It didn't take long for it all to go to shit.......or maybe it did.

Gosh, it seems like he was just playing in the NHL. and at itmes, he was quite effective over a fair number of years. Too bad, really....

The Pittsburgh Penguins are a stalwart franchise? Aren't they the team that after all the great revenue that Mario Lemieux brought them along with some cups that the attendance started to go flat again and there was talk of the team moving before they lucked out and drafted Sidney?

I was thinking about owners like Daryl Katz when they get the news that they have just won the lottery and can select a guy like Connor McDavid. My god your franchise is set for the next 15-years in terms of revenue streams. Must be nice.

Translation, no one offered me a contract.

No, its too early to give up on that. More like his family loves Chicago and didn't want to move anywhere else. It was Chicago or nothing, so he took an off ice position with the Hawks. He made millions in his career and doesn't need tp play again, nice to have an option like that.

Last edited:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are a stalwart franchise? Aren't they the team that after all the great revenue that Mario Lemieux brought them along with some cups that the attendance started to go flat again and there was talk of the team moving before they lucked out and drafted Sidney?

I was thinking about owners like Daryl Katz when they get the news that they have just won the lottery and can select a guy like Connor McDavid. My god your franchise is set for the next 15-years in terms of revenue streams. Must be nice.

lucked out more like the Weisel guaranteed them their saviour

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...ckey-canada-exhibition-games-russia-1.4211722
The NHL has decided to allow AHL players under two-way NHL contracts to compete in the Olympics under the condition they only be released for the Pyeongchang Games in February.

In a memo sent to the 31 NHL teams this week, the league outlined AHL players can be loaned to national teams for the 2018 Olympic Games. But these players only can be made available between Feb. 5-26, 2018. The Winter Olympics men's hockey tournament begins on Feb. 9 and concludes with the gold-medal final on Feb. 25.

This turn of events may not have much of an impact on Canada's roster. Hockey Canada is close to finalizing a series of exhibition games in Russia next month with a roster comprised of Canadian professionals playing in Europe.

Last edited:
Back