• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Johnny is a scumbag. This is not news. Not sure why people are so riled up at this point.
I think it's just fun having such an obvious moment in time where he's too cowardice to own up to the truth. So he falls back on the free speech malarkey.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

that's a bit of both sidesism there.

BLM marched (in daylight) because black people were getting killed.

This nazi dorkmob are carrying torches at night because......people say happy holidays?

I didn't suggest that the problems were equal, but there's no arguing that the political left isn't generating a pile of rubbish on their own. When a right wing speakers can't show their face around a US college campus for fear of being mobbed, there's a problem in accepting the existence of differing opinions, even when those opinions suck shit. There's a fine line between a legal protest and a dangerous mob, the modern left has passed that line on a number of occasions just in campus protests over the last 18-24 months.

Doesn't matter.

Actually, it really does. The rights to free speech in the US are not absolute. I've tried to explain to you a few times that you have a poor grasp of the concept in actual practice and you continue to not listen.

Incitement, Libel/Slander, Obscenity, "Fighting Words"...all categories of speech of that are not protected. Running around shouting racial epithets is not protected speech.

Trump getting heat from several GOP Senators who want him to call the Neo Nazis out.

Trump getting heat from several GOP Senators who want him to call the Neo Nazis out.

He's taking them to a dark place electorally that they're rightfully afraid of. You can't turn to white men over and over again and expect to continue winning elections...especially if Trump backlash gives the Democrats enough muscle to shred gerrymandering.

He's taking them to a dark place electorally that they're rightfully afraid of. You can't turn to white men over and over again and expect to continue winning elections...especially if Trump backlash gives the Democrats enough muscle to shred gerrymandering.

I think it goes beyond electoral strategy-- members of the GOP are genuinely appalled by these Neo Nazis.

Here's the way I see it, the white supremacist idiots went there using the statue of Lee being removed as a pretext to spew their racist hatred of everything. They came prepared to "protest" violently and brazenly displayed their weapons in an intimidation attempt. A few leftist groups bused in willing to oblige them if they got violent. The cops didn't do a good job of keeping the two groups separated. The knuckle draggers were dismissed to the park they were supposed to be at in the first place, not emancipation (Lee) park. With no real direction (or due to being brainless) the supremacists meandered about aimlessly until some of them had the brilliant idea of mowing down people in a crowd on a blocked off street. Now I ask you, how is that any different from one of these radicals from the middle east mowing down people at a market?

Here's the way I see it, the white supremacist idiots went there using the statue of Lee being removed as a pretext to spew their racist hatred of everything. They came prepared to "protest" violently and brazenly displayed their weapons in an intimidation attempt. A few leftist groups bused in willing to oblige them if they got violent. The cops didn't do a good job of keeping the two groups separated. The knuckle draggers were dismissed to the park they were supposed to be at in the first place, not emancipation (Lee) park. With no real direction (or due to being brainless) the supremacists meandered about aimlessly until some of them had the brilliant ides of mowing down people in a crowd on a blocked off street. Now I ask you, how is that any different from one of these radicals from the middle east mowing down people at a market?

Middle east radicals are rightly called called terrorists. White radicals in America are just members of a side. Can't we try to get along, or ideally, love them?

They were chanting blood and soil, white lives matter, and Jews will not replace us. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say their cause wasn't really the statue.

They were chanting blood and soil, white lives matter, and Jews will not replace us. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say their cause wasn't really the statue.

Ya, I figured as much.

Like I said, the cause is decent enough, but the people doing the protesting and the the filth they bring with them kind of paints all of it in a bad light.

Back