• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

At what point do we look at the GM...

I like to give people a fair shake, as they say, but it now seems clear that this could be a very long season as the offense still sucks . . .

The team struggled to score last season.

They subtracted radulov and added drouin, very similar point totals.

So it stand to reason this team would struggle to score this season.

The game versus new York yesterday was a stark reminder of the playoffs series last season.

This team is no better.

he was just being a contrarian in the summer,,, He isn't dumb, he knew Bergevin did a bad job, hell it started when he traded Subban for no good reason

But I thought we all agreed that keeping Therrien over the uppity blackman was a wise and well planned-out move without any possible backlash?

Sarcasm aside, I think we all know why Bergevin traded Subban and none of it is any good.

But I thought we all agreed that keeping Therrien over the uppity blackman was a wise and well planned-out move without any possible backlash?

Sarcasm aside, I think we all know why Bergevin traded Subban and none of it is any good.

I know I brought up that issue on twitter and damn his acolytes took it as a personal affront. :)

I like to give people a fair shake, as they say, but it now seems clear that this could be a very long season as the offense still sucks . . .

the only miracle that can save Bergy is a hail mary pass for Tavares

If Bergevin had any decency, he'd get ahead of our prospect problems & figure out a way to trade MaxPac to the NYI for Anthony Beauvillier.

If Bergevin had any decency, he'd get ahead of our prospect problems & figure out a way to trade MaxPac to the NYI for Anthony Beauvillier.

Max Pac is getting a long term 8 or 9 million dollar deal.

He plays the right way.

Last edited:
Max Pac is getting a long term 8 or 9 million dollar deal.

He plays the right way.

I know my proposition is a pipedream, but your scenario is the most likely one. Something around $7.5M to $8M x 8 years.

I know my proposition is a pipedream, but your scenario is the most likely one. Something around $7.5M to $8M x 8 years.

yup get used to it folks , we will have some fugly deals in the future and dealing 67 is exactly what should be done while his golden contract has value

yup get used to it folks , we will have some fugly deals in the future and dealing 67 is exactly what should be done while his golden contract has value

But but but, you can't trade that contract....lol.

Said as the habs sit on 8.5 million in cap space.

But but but, you can't trade that contract....lol.

Said as the habs sit on 8.5 million in cap space.

We still don't have capspace to acquire a player with a $7M+ contract over multiple years btw, at least not in the long term. This year & next year are doable, after that it's pretty much not possible.

We still don't have capspace to acquire a player with a $7M+ contract over multiple years btw, at least not in the long term. This year & next year are doable, after that it's pretty much not possible.

If this is true - it's another of the many reasons why sitting on this years cap space was a huge fail. It was bonus money that they likely won't have going forward. Unless they unload Alzner, Douin, Weber, Price or another long term contract.

If this is true - it's another of the many reasons why sitting on this years cap space was a huge fail. It was bonus money that they likely won't have going forward. Unless they unload Alzner, Douin, Weber, Price or another long term contract.

They should have spent it earlier, sure, but after Markov & Radulov were gone, who, pray say, was still available to be signed as a UFA? There wasn't anyone.

And we don't have the assets to acquire a player of note that has a big contract, like a Duchene.

I don't like that we have $8M in capspace, but I rather not spend it at all then overpay for some random players for no other reason than we can.

They should have spent it earlier, sure, but after Markov & Radulov were gone, who, pray say, was still available to be signed as a UFA? There wasn't anyone.

And we don't have the assets to acquire a player of note that has a big contract, like a Duchene.

I don't like that we have $8M in capspace, but I rather not spend it at all then overpay for some random players for no other reason than we can.

bang on .......there was nothing to throw money at except more crap that we dont need and our weak asset pool doesnt help .

I would of acquired MJ without giving up Chevy . He can play on our top 6 and might even be more qualified than Drouin to play C .

So now Mete and Chevy at least give you some hope for some mobility down the road .

Juulsen is may a 4 and our picks on the backend this year will be 2020 before we see anything.

Back