• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

At what point do we look at the GM...

Even teams with many young ELC assets who want Duchene have not acquired him....

Be honest, if we're to get into a bidding war for Duchene (or whatever other player that fits the bill), do you think we stand a chance?

We have Mete, Juulsen, Poehling and our future firsts. That's it. There's not much else we have available as trade pieces.

They should have spent it earlier, sure, but after Markov & Radulov were gone, who, pray say, was still available to be signed as a UFA? There wasn't anyone.

And we don't have the assets to acquire a player of note that has a big contract, like a Duchene.

I don't like that we have $8M in capspace, but I rather not spend it at all then overpay for some random players for no other reason than we can.

I agree with all of this. Not sure why you think I don't.... you don't need to get all catty when I already agree - and have been saying this since Markov left.

We had money to bring in a nice one year deal. I was never advocating for a long term deal of a shitty player.

If Bergevin had any decency, he'd get ahead of our prospect problems & figure out a way to trade MaxPac to the NYI for Anthony Beauvillier.

Drafting those guys instead of trading for them would be a good way to get ahead of our prospect problems. Can't even draft from our own backyard.

Be honest, if we're to get into a bidding war for Duchene (or whatever other player that fits the bill), do you think we stand a chance?

We have Mete, Juulsen, Poehling and our future firsts. That's it. There's not much else we have available as trade pieces.

I always mention that to posters who make absurd trade propositions for players.

Do these posters think there are not about a dozen better offers that can be made?

The laughable one was the offer of Sherbak, Mcarron and a 1st for Duchene

Most if not all teams have these Sherbak and Macaron types lingering around in the AHL.

The best asset we had that allowed MB to be a player in acquiring a top end talent was Sergachev...we don't have much else

Peace....not arguing the Habs complete lack of ELC assets to dangle (and let’s be honest in a cap world AAV is everything and ELC assets w value carry the ultimate price tag).

However, we no longer live in the era of wheeling & dealing. Yes Johansson was dealt for Jones - what other pieces of real value were dealt that season other than deadline rentals? MB perhaps made the biggest deal of this season in acquiring Drouin.

What has impressed me over the past 2-3 seasons is how GMs all of a sudden seem no longer to be sucked into overpaying on a deal. We can say MB should’ve “overpaid” and upped the Johanssen offer by adding an extra pick, but that still wouldn’t negate the higher 2nd rounder NJD will likely give up relative to Habs - would people really have offered up a Habs 1st?

Having said that I would offer up a 1st right now to LV for Shea Theodore - MBs got no choice.

Last edited:
Drafting those guys instead of trading for them would be a good way to get ahead of our prospect problems. Can't even draft from our own backyard.

I literally couldn't care less about this sentiment. I really couldn't.

I always mention that to posters who make absurd trade propositions for players.

Do these posters think there are not about a dozen better offers that can be made?

The laughable one was the offer of Sherbak, Mcarron and a 1st for Duchene

Most if not all teams have these Sherbak and Macaron types lingering around in the AHL.

The best asset we had that allowed MB to be a player in acquiring a top end talent was Sergachev...we don't have much else

Good thing we traded him to acquire a player that isn't playing his natural position. What could possibly go wrong?

Good thing we traded him to acquire a player that isn't playing his natural position. What could possibly go wrong?

The bigger issue when you have an organization so poorly run and very little depth anywhere is that flipping one key asset for another creates a hole.

We get the valuable top end talent in Drouin but we sacrifice what we sorely need on the back end which is the top two puck moving dman in the making.

I'd care less if we were adept at drafting elsewhere but I found our terrible record from the Q to be completely unacceptable.

I’m more flabbergasted at the abysmal performance of drafting from the OHL - the best prospect feeder program for the NHL over the past 15-yrs....by far.

Mete is all there’s to show for

Everything is fine.

This_is_fine.gif

Hemsky healthy scratch, Streit on the block, Martinsen on waivers, King released, Ott retired. Some real HOT acquisitions by Bergevin!

No_Brain.gif

Hemsky healthy scratch, Streit on the block, Martinsen on waivers, King released, Ott retired. Some real HOT acquisitions by Bergevin!

No_Brain.gif

Ott had a popular Instagram post when he was with the Habs, I guess they'll consider that a success.

Back