• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking credit for the Habs good play is pretty obnoxious. I'm sure the fear of Saturday's game is what caused the Habs to fall apart at the end of the 1st.

Last night someone on your board suggested we only came back on the Blackhawks because they played Forsberg so maybe spare us the "omg Leaf fans are obnoxious" stuff.

Um, right. They looked completely lost to start the game. I'm not sure if it's a preparation thing or because they have less depth than given credit for. But they seem to have settled down a fair bit now.

Habs are ****ed beyond ****ed. That Price contract was the icing on the cake.

How in the world do they unwind this thing now? With Weber and Price on the books, how can you even rebuild? And who would ever take those contracts?

Maybe Bergedickhead is smarter than I gave him credit for. He might've built a team that no other GM would touch with a ten foot pole.

Well, they realized they're no longer facing the blue and white tornado and got their legs back.

Truth ... the original comment wasn't meant as a slight at all. Just an observation from a Leafs perspective (this is the Leaf forum, after all).

Panties bunching up easy these days, hp.

Well, they realized they're no longer facing the blue and white tornado and got their legs back.

Truth ... the original comment wasn't meant as a slight at all. Just an observation from a Leafs perspective (this is the Leaf forum, after all).

Panties bunching up easy these days, hp.

That's what makes the comment a little more obnoxious. If it was meant as a tongue in cheek potshot that's one thing. Leafs are looking like a great team... hell they legitimately could even be the best team in the league. Maybe not... but it's possible. But the notion that the reason the Habs were dominating the first 15 minutes of the game had anything to do with the Leafs at all is just an absurd theory.

If anything... playing an shitty team like the Habs would be super easy for them after playing the vaunted Leafs. Fact is, the Habs came out flying in their home opener...took the lead. Then they allowed a marginal goal and now they've crumbled.

Nothing to do with the Leafs... even though the Leafs are a great team.

Yeah that Subban trade really did **** em. Bergevin has made one really ballsy move... and it killed the org. I hate him.
Not to rub it in, but you guys would make me nervous with Subban. Anyway, don't despair, things will turn around eventually.

Not sure I'd go as far as to say they're ****ed, but he kinda painted them into a corner timeline-wise, IMO.

You do not make a trade nowadays to get older, slower and add a worse cap hit (Talking in years). There's no way that trade turns out good.

Habs are ****ed beyond ****ed. That Price contract was the icing on the cake.

How in the world do they unwind this thing now? With Weber and Price on the books, how can you even rebuild? And who would ever take those contracts?

Maybe Bergedickhead is smarter than I gave him credit for. He might've built a team that no other GM would touch with a ten foot pole.

As great as Price is, not sure you can give a goalie that kind of contract. It's the wrong position. He's the only goalie in that 9 million+ cap hit list. The rest are centres and D. They are really ****ed. They can't tank. Not sure what you can do. Bergevin will be canned this season for the best French Speaking guy available, but that guy won't have much to work with.
They have a worse talent pool to choose from in terms of coaches and GMs than the Vegas Golden Knights. I understand it, but it sucks. Look who the Leafs added. They even grabbed Lemaire LOL.
At some point nutty Patrick Roy will get a call to be the next GM.

I'm ready for this. Years of horseshit, honing my shit talking craft and I had nothing to show for it.

Yeah **** humility.
I'm hammering my WhatsApp group with Leafs stuff all day everyday. I don't even care if my best friends (non hockey fans who made fun of my love for the miserable Maple Leafs for years) block me

I'm hammering my WhatsApp group with Leafs stuff all day everyday. I don't even care if my best friends (non hockey fans who made fun of my love for the miserable Maple Leafs for years) block me

How I feel as a Leaf fan right now

anteater.jpg

I'm sure that the Leafs and their fans being "loveable losers" for the last 13 or 14 years has been comfortable for fans of rival teams.

But going back to our most recent period of relative glory, the Pat Quinn years, one of the best parts of those years as a Leaf fan was just how much fans of rival teams hated us---Leaf fans, and Leaf players. I'm very much looking forward to getting hate and salty tears from rival fans again, instead of pity.

Funny, I wasn't really online back then. I didn't realize that Leaf fans were "those" fans. I've had friends and family talk about "Leaf fans." I'm all like, maybe there's some dicks like any other fan base but most Leaf fans I know (you guys) are pretty good people. I had no clue that you all were just playing possum.

Sneaky ****s.

I still remember kb's first entrance. Well, not really. It was in the summer one year way back. I didn't post in the summer and came back to this guy frothing at the mouth about Leafs fans, the Leafs and anything remotely related to Toronto. I seriously thought he needed meds. Those were the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back