• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Ducharme named Asst Coach

I bet Ducharme was given the option, but interestingly took the assistant job with the big club.

A smart move really. Looking at the AHL club, it's a disaster, one that he probably thinks is beyond fixing, and if he went there and the team continued to struggle he wouldn't come out of that looking good.

Now he gets some NHL experience and if Julien fails, he's the coach in waiting, and if the habs do well, his stock continues to rise league wide.

Housecleaning or the chance for Julien to get his own guys in?

I think this was definitely a suggestion that came from management. Julien had to sign off on it. But i think he was smart to agree. Canadiens are pretty much a young team that require several players to get to the next level. Ducharme should help out with this.

A smart move really. Looking at the AHL club, it's a disaster, one that he probably thinks is beyond fixing, and if he went there and the team continued to struggle he wouldn't come out of that looking good.

Now he gets some NHL experience and if Julien fails, he's the coach in waiting, and if the habs do well, his stock continues to rise league wide.

He is the fat ass coach`s replacement after next season

With the influx of young kids coming in ...we need a younger fresh face to work and communicate better with the yutes .

Housecleaning or the chance for Julien to get his own guys in?

JJ had to go...defenseman looked lost for large parts of last year.

And now we have Juulsen and Mete that are looking to be regulars sooner than later, they need to be coached by someone who knows how to teach

Yeah, all the young players that matter are up with the big club, that's where the action is.

I think Ducharme may see the road to a head coaching gig in the NHL may be faster by being an NHL asst coach rather than an AHL head coach

Back