• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pesce Has A Concussion

Ah hope he make a speedy recovery. Good guy and big part of our D. We'll see how this team adjusts. Frankly, we've been lucky. Now we see if our depth can help/create opportunities?

Roland McKeown was called up. I don't expect this coaching staff to have the stones to play McKeown over Dahlbeck, but at least that option will exist until Pesce returns. McKeown of course is as right hand shot, which would allow the Canes to avoid having to play Dahlbeck on his off side. That said, how comfortable would we be with something like:

Slavin-Faulk
Hanifin-TVR
Fleury-McKeown

On the road?

Then again, substitute Dahlbeck for McKeown and its really not any better.

Last edited:
Roland McKeown was called up. I don't expect this coaching staff to have the stones to play McKeown over Dahlbeck, but at least that option will exist until Pesce returns. McKeown of course is as right hand shot, which would allow the Canes to avoid having to play Dahlbeck on his off side. That said, how comfortable would we be with something like:

Slavin-Faulk
Hanifin-TVR
Fleury-McKeown

On the road?

Then again, substitute Dahlbeck for McKeown and its really not any better.

They practiced as Fleury/Faulk, Slavin/Dahlbeck and Hanifin/TVR. If they're not going to play McKeown, I expect that Dahlbeck will drop back to the 3rd pairing with Hanifin, who appears to be in Peters' doghouse.

Ugh....you don't typically think of Pesce as invaluable until he's out.....Let's hope everyone will up their game.

I'd rather see McKeown on the right side instead of Dahlbeck his wrong side. So play McKeown and if a lefty goes down send in Dahlbeck. Pretty simple, but Peters doesn't like simple so I suspect we see Dahlbeck on the right side and McKeown in the press box.

McKeown and Brown are not going to play in either of the next 2 games unless someone gets hurt tonight OR one of our 4th liners plays like crap tonight OR Dahlbeck plays like crap tonight.

Me? I would play McKeown over Dahlbeck at least to see what that looks like tonight and make a decision accordingly for the game at Arizona. Brown I would leave as injury insurance only, he isn't better than anyone in the lineup on his best day.

McKeown is an upgrade over Dahlbeck because he’s going to get better. The other one, not so much. And frankly, McKeown was pretty good against Florida last night. Comfortable with the puck, decent positioning ... and his snarl will start to show as he gains confidence. I like that kid.

McKeown had a bit less than 10 minutes of ice time, but he looked good and came away with 2 assists in his first game.

Great points about McKeown. Let the lad play. He looked good out there and was willing to throw his body around. We need that kind of player.

TVR isn't necessarily the long term plan for that 3rd pair RD spot. He is an RFA after this season. If McKeown is ready I could see the Canes trading TVR after this season and giving that spot to McKeown or making TVR our 7th D. I know a few of you would consider trading Faulk the better move and having McKeown slide into an NHL spot that way. That could happen as well.

TVR is a big improvement over what we had out there last season...but I could see McKeown jumping ahead of him next season.

TVR isn't necessarily the long term plan for that 3rd pair RD spot. He is an RFA after this season. If McKeown is ready I could see the Canes trading TVR after this season and giving that spot to McKeown or making TVR our 7th D. I know a few of you would consider trading Faulk the better move and having McKeown slide into an NHL spot that way. That could happen as well.

TVR is a big improvement over what we had out there last season...but I could see McKeown jumping ahead of him next season.

Faulk has more turnovers this year than the Pillsbury Dough Boy and if the right trade came along I could see him being shipped out for forward help with McKeown sliding into his spot. That Sekera trade was a great one for the Canes, McKeown and a first rounder for Sekera was a steal, Kings got robbed on that transaction overall!

Did Faulk bulk up over the summer? Seem bigger, but more lumbersome than seasons past. He also seems to have this tick I've mentioned before, does it often, its like he stops skating and his upper body keeps going and he ends up often coughing up the puck. Brain farts?

Faulk has more turnovers this year than the Pillsbury Dough Boy and if the right trade came along I could see him being shipped out for forward help with McKeown sliding into his spot. That Sekera trade was a great one for the Canes, McKeown and a first rounder for Sekera was a steal, Kings got robbed on that transaction overall!

If you follow that transaction all the way through, we got McKeown and Julien Gauthier (the player we took with the pick in 2016) for Jamie McBain and JT Compher, who the Slugs selected with the pick we gave them with McBain for Sekera. Compher never signed with the Slugs and made his NHL debut last year with the Avs. The pick from the Kings was lottery protected for 2015 but they ended up trading it anyway along with Martin Jones and Colin Miller, to the Bruins for Milan Lucic.

Back