• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #17 | Wild vs. Canadiens | Nov. 9, 2017

20 years to the day, that Bret Hart got screwed in the Bell Centre, the NHL decided to repeat it on the Habs tonight.

November 9th 1997 - November 9th 2017.

Screw You Earl Hebner
Screw You Vince McMahon
Screw You Gary Bettman.

Charlie Lindgren won't match Dryden's career opening win streak now. Looks like he'll be the second coming of Wayne Thomas instead.

$

20 years to the day, that Bret Hart got screwed in the Bell Centre, the NHL decided to repeat it on the Habs tonight.

November 9th 1997 - November 9th 2017.

Screw You Earl Hebner
Screw You Vince McMahon
Screw You Gary Bettman.

I thought both no-goal calls were okay. We lost because we lack offensive depth. No Drouin equals no offense. Such is the team that MB has built.

I thought both no-goal calls were okay. We lost because we lack offensive depth. No Drouin equals no offense. Such is the team that MB has built.

What did you think of the AG-Mitchell-Lehkonen line? I thought it was as ****ing random as anything MT could have come up with. Just play Galchenyuk at center for one game, it's definitely better than having Mitchell center two offensive guys.

What did you think of the AG-Mitchell-Lehkonen line? I thought it was as ****ing random as anything MT could have come up with. Just play Galchenyuk at center for one game, it's definitely better than having Mitchell center two offensive guys.

The Canadiens aren't winning without Drouin and Weber in the lineup, regardless of who 27 is playing with. They lack depth.

It was still the best line last night. AG probably should have buried 2 of his chances. I guess you can argue that he was doing everything himself though and had no real help.

Last edited:
Alzner scored a righteous goal. An extra ref, video review and super slow mo but they still can't make the proper call.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Alzner scored a righteous goal. An extra ref, video review and super slow mo but they still can't make the proper call.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I know. RDS was showing an angle where the puck and Alzner stick move toward the ice (goign down) when the puck get in contact with his stick and when it happens, you can see the bar being higher than the puck and stick and yet, they denied it. I was wondering what Toronto was smoking. They probably needed to make sure that goal wasn't allowed so we don't get too close to the leaf.

It was still the best line last night. AG probably should have buried 2 of his chances. I guess you can argue that he was doing everything himself though and had no real help.

That's pretty much why I'm arguing. I see injuries as opportunities. This was an opportunity to try AG at center and give Hudon a chance on an offensive line. Seeing Mitchell in Drouin's spot really irked me.

SOG was misleading, last night was a non-working shutout for Dubnyk

I stopped caring about SOG with this team, they shoot from everywhere at any angle. That being said, I feel we were still leading in scoring chances during the first 2 periods, but you're not going to beat Dubnyk with clean shots and we didn't get many rebounds or deflections or screens.

That's pretty much why I'm arguing. I see injuries as opportunities. This was an opportunity to try AG at center and give Hudon a chance on an offensive line. Seeing Mitchell in Drouin's spot really irked me.

The lines are set up around Pacioretty and Plekanec. Those two players are always ensured relatively adequate line-mates regardless of how they are playing. Galchenyuk gets the leftovers.

Back