• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Jonathan Drouin

I would like to keep Gally because you know what you're getting from him each night but I don't see how MB can get a center witnout giving up AG or Gally.

No more A list prospects to deal

Plus in reality if Drouin is playing wing je may actually need two centers.

I would like to keep Gally because you know what you're getting from him each night but I don't see how MB can get a center witnout giving up AG or Gally.

No more A list prospects to deal

Plus in reality if Drouin is playing wing je may actually need two centers.

Drew should play center with Chucky and Lhekonen on the wings. A line that can score 80 goals.

Pax - Zetterberg - Radu
Chuck - Drew - Lhekonen
Shaw - Dano - Byron
Slug - Plug - Scrub

Give Detroit a 1st + Plex for Zetterberg AND trade Gallagher for a top 4 dman and we're done.
If we can sign Joe T then we go with him instead of Zett's. I just don't want to waste time with Hanzal.

That Zetterberg contract is rough...36 years old and four more years left

That Zetterberg contract is rough...36 years old and four more years left

I know but we have nada choice - if we are serious about winning in the next 2 years then there are very few options.

It will only be a problem in 2 years so we'll go for a buyout.

Anyone else think that maybe Gallagher is the ine who may get dealt

He gets a 10 on the give a shit meter but his hustle and grit only get him so far . If we can get a good trade for him , do it.

Luv the kid but this a cruel business not a popularity contest . My ideal trade is someone coughing up a solid prospect on the back end .

Seguin wasn't seen as a center in Boston....now he is in Dallas.

Keep both Drouin-Chuckie, and let defensive genius Julien work with them

Drouin and Galchenyuk could be 1C and 2C, on the ice together for the PP.

The solution is at hand, if the coaches are willing to go there.

Which would be toxic as he will know his GM and coach wanted him gone.

Even Bob McKenzie states the Habs are shopping him.
I'm coming to believe Galchenyuk's name floating is a ploy for contract leverage & scare some sense into Chucky - I'm sure he doesn't want to move to non-bling Minny or Carolina etc...

Like a lot of things the habs do I would feel much better about it if we still had subban.

This trade is one of those things.

I'm not high on RNH, he is small, has an history of injuries and is paid 6 millions with a production that can't be justified. Words from Edmonton is that they are desperately trying to unload him. If they are THAT desperate, I could be interested if the price is low but again, edmonton would have to take salary back (plek?) to make it work.

a) he is bigger than Drouin
b) has basically one injury in the last 4 years
c) had a bad year so maybe the habs can get him for cheap
d) he is only 24
e) has already done what drouin did last year.....3 times
f) paid similar to drouin

Back