• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Charlie Lindgren situation

This is a good opportunity for Lindgren. Give him 60 games in Laval next year - get the time in and get access to great coaching. Let him talk to Price.

Mike Condon was the best goalie in the ECHL his first pro year and then was one of the better goalies in the AHL in his second pro year. Wasn't playing on world beating teams either. Made his niche in the NHL soon after.

I'd like to see Lindgren dominate before worrying about his future.

So far three wins in his three nhl matches. Pas pire!

So far three wins in his three nhl matches. Pas pire!

Sure, but like Lindgren's early dominance in the AHL where some were wondering if he was NHL ready, I always like to remind people of the sample size.

Lindgren was a .930 save % goalie for the first two months of the year before falling face first back to earth the rest of the season. Playing three games against three non-playoff teams at the tail end of the season indicates close to nothing to me.

He's definitely got potential and could possibly make it as an NHLer of some sort one day. I just want to see him be elite in the AHL before making the jump and worrying about his future.

Sure, but like Lindgren's early dominance in the AHL where some were wondering if he was NHL ready, I always like to remind people of the sample size.

Lindgren was a .930 save % goalie for the first two months of the year before falling face first back to earth the rest of the season. Playing three games against three non-playoff teams at the tail end of the season indicates close to nothing to me.

He's definitely got potential and could possibly make it as an NHLer of some sort one day. I just want to see him be elite in the AHL before making the jump and worrying about his future.

Again, he got the call to play against three non-playoff team and got the job done, he actually was pretty solid in last two(i didn't watch his first game so can't comment) and yesterday he made few really good saves which surprised me, as i said before it is hard to do anything good when you play for Ice Caps, the team is a big mess IMO. No structure nothing, but i understand your point.

Last edited:
Lindgren has potential but his technique requires a lot of work. He flip flop everywhere and gets carried away from the net a lot. Need to get some Waite special quality time to structure him a bit more.

Lindgren has potential but his technique requires a lot of work. He flip flop everywhere and gets carried away from the net a lot. Need to get some Waite special quality time to structure him a bit more.

That will be much easier next season in Laval

Trade Price. Lindgren and McNiven can get the job done for a fraction of the cost.

Back