• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2017-2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girard was a big piece to give up for the Preds... but their D is filthy and they seem to keep producing quality dmen. This was a really nice deal for them. Johansen, Turris and Bonino are a real nice top 3 for a team that was thin at C for a long time.

Girard was a big piece to give up for the Preds... but their D is filthy and they seem to keep producing quality dmen. This was a really nice deal for them. Johansen, Turris and Bonino are a real nice top 3 for a team that was thin at C for a long time.

Preds still have Fabbro, Carrier, Allard, Dougherty and Murphy as nice D prospects in the system, and took Farrance this year. They deal from a real position of strength. Subtracted virtually nothing from the active roster and got a real good #2 centre.

The Sens gave up their 2017 (Bowers) and 2018 first rounders and a 3rd for a marginal (at best) upgrade on Turris. THEY GOT HOSED.

6 X 6 is a pretty reasonable contract for Turris, too.

I don't know why the Sens wouldn't have just offered him that deal, and hung on to all these assets.

This kinda reminds me a little of the Weber/Subban perception.

There's a perception that Duchene is better than Turris. Stats don't back it up, but the perception is there. Just like Weber was viewed as better than Subban... cause he plays the white way.

At least the Habs didn't add a bunch of assets to get Weber I suppose.

You gave up a good centre who was willing to stay long term at reasonable money. 6x6 is damn reasonable for Turris...there's value in that. Even if he wasn't willing to stay in Ottawa, his value at the deadline (nevermind now) would have been well into 1st rounder + + territory.

Face it, you blew your brains out for at best a marginal upgrade on Turris, who is paid what Turris wanted this year and next, and a UFA after that. Wonderful asset management.

That’s great and all but for some reason I suspect that you would be telling me how bad that deal was if Turris signed it with the Sens.

If duchene stays, he's not staying for 6x6...and if he won't extend and they play this game again, they're not going to get similar value to what they just gave up for him. There's a reason this situation took so long to resolve...there was no one dumb enough to meet sakics ask.

Right when we have resigned every single one of the guys we acquired under similar circumstances.

Worry about your own team.

6 X 6 is a pretty reasonable contract for Turris, too.

I don't know why the Sens wouldn't have just offered him that deal, and hung on to all these assets.
The Sens don't believe they can win the cup with Turris as their #1 C.

Do you disagree?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Preds still have Fabbro, Carrier, Allard, Dougherty and Murphy as nice D prospects in the system, and took Farrance this year. They deal from a real position of strength. Subtracted virtually nothing from the active roster and got a real good #2 centre.

The Sens gave up their 2017 (Bowers) and 2018 first rounders and a 3rd for a marginal (at best) upgrade on Turris. THEY GOT HOSED.

The Sens made the trade without giving up White, Chabot, Ceci, Brown, Formenton, Perron, Gagne, Batherson...literally none of our good prospects.

Yeah we gave up Bowers, a (low) 1st and a 3rd.

For Matt freaking Duchene...

:lol

Ouch my ass is sore :lol

Do you disagree?
I believe the Sens were essentially one OT goal away from winning the Cup last year, with Turris as their #1C.

And based on their production this year, and the past three years, I think a Turris/Duchene swap is essentially a sideways move, with the potential to be an upgrade for the Sens, but only if you think the 70-point pace Duchene scored at four years ago (and in the preceding lockout-shortened season) is a level he can get back to on the regular.

So, that's all that I don't get. Unless Turris wasn't willing to come back to Ottawa at all, or he wanted the Sens to pay him significantly more than the 6X6 deal he took from Nashville, I don't get heaping a fistful of high-value assets on top of Kyle Turris in exchange for a guy one season away from UFA who's not guaranteed to be a big upgrade.

So if he wasn’t willing to sign, it’s a good deal?

The prospects and picks Ottawa gave up was a fist-full?

Shane Bowers a 1st and a 3rd is a fist-full?

Right when we have resigned every single one of the guys we acquired under similar circumstances.

Except for Turris...who apparently Melnyk didn't want to pony up for. Do you think Duchene is going to take 6x6, or do you think he's worth that much more than Turris?

Worry about your own team.

Dec_19_2016_20_07_31.gif

nylander.gif

AntiqueTediousIguanodon-small.gif

Nah man, we're good. I'm not worried about some temporary structural and goaltending issues. Now, if we give away a pile of stuff with Jake Gardiner for a marginal upgrade on the blueline, I'll get a bit worried.

So if he wasn’t willing to sign, it’s a good deal?

All reports suggest that he was willing to sign in Ottawa.

The prospects and picks Ottawa gave up was a fist-full?

Shane Bowers a 1st and a 3rd is a fist-full?

Yes. That represents your last 1st rounder and next 1st rounder. That's not an insignificant amount of assets given up here.

Do you disagree?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

No, I don't disagree at all. But I don't see Duchene as being anything more than a very marginal upgrade on Turris. Both are very good #2 centres imo.

The Sens made the trade without giving up White, Chabot, Ceci, Brown, Formenton, Perron, Gagne, Batherson...literally none of our good prospects.

Heh. All your good prospects like Perron, the 21 yr old fighting to scrape up .5 ppg in the AHL...Formenton, the kid you drafted after Bowers a couple months ago...gagne, another 21 yr old plug doing nothing in the A. What did you do, just randomly name kids under 23 in your system?

Yeah, you didn't give up Chabot, Brown , or White for a marginal upgrade. Congrats. But you did give up one of your top 5 prospects (probably 4th best) for that marginal upgrade.

Yeah we gave up Bowers,

Your 4th best prospect, and most recent 1st round pick

a (low) 1st

Maybe...Dorion was smart enough to get top 10 protection on it.

For Matt freaking Duchene...

Who is maybe, maybe slightly better than Kyle Turris and only signed for one more year after this.

Heh. All your good prospects like Perron, the 21 yr old fighting to scrape up .5 ppg in the AHL...Formenton, the kid you drafted after Bowers a couple months ago...gagne, another 21 yr old plug doing nothing in the A. What did you do, just randomly name kids under 23 in your system?

Yeah, you didn't give up Chabot, Brown , or White for a marginal upgrade. Congrats. But you did give up one of your top 5 prospects (probably 4th best) for that marginal upgrade.

Your 4th best prospect, and most recent 1st round pick

Maybe...Dorion was smart enough to get top 10 protection on it.

Who is maybe, maybe slightly better than Kyle Turris and only signed for one more year after this.

Yesterday you would say Duchene > Turris without a doubt.

And yes the 1st is lottery protected.

And Formenton was a hell of a pick. 6 days away from being ineligible for this years draft, and impressed enough to stick after camp. Yeah Gagne and Perron are 21. Hoffman was 24-25 before he started making
Noise at the NHL level. So what?

Shane Bowers is nowhere near our 4th best prospect either.

Bowers a lottery protected 1st and a 3rd. Plus dumping Hammond? That’s a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back