• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game #36 | Canadiens vs. Oilers | Dec 23, 2017 | 7:00

I hate to agree with the Captain but this season was lost on July 1. Our GM dropped the ball spectacularly.

Last edited:
When a team trades its most dynamic player (and maybe it's best overall player) for an aging but still good d-man you do everything in your power to build a true contender around said aging but still good dman.

Instead we went into this season nearly 9 million under the cap with arguablely our worst defensive core ever.

It was one of the worst offseasons I've ever seen from a favourite team of mine.

I'm pretty sure that the "plan" was to re-sign Radulov and then trade (likely 27) for a left d-man to play with Weber. The plan didn't work, however, and here we are, with $9 million in cap space and a bad team.

When a team trades its most dynamic player (and maybe it's best overall player) for an aging but still good d-man you do everything in your power to build a true contender around said aging but still good dman.

Instead we went into this season nearly 9 million under the cap with arguablely our worst defensive core ever.

It was one of the worst offseasons I've ever seen from a favourite team of mine.

There was no way this was ever going to end well with PK or Weber . How can you build a contender around 6 when we were nothing more than a decent team that can't win in the playoffs for years .

You acquire 6 when have the horses ready to compete for a title. You can't start scrambling to fill gaps when you have no depth or prospects and your core isn't elite .

This was simply a terrible regime patching for years . This inevitable suckage was long overdue it was just pushed further with the departed players and Drubust brought in to help an anemic offence .

Thats why you turf this regime top to bottom , they are clueless how to build a roster .

There was no way this was ever going to end well with PK or Weber . How can you build a contender around 6 when we were nothing more than a decent team that can't win in the playoffs for years .

You acquire 6 when have the horses ready to compete for a title. You can't start scrambling to fill gaps when you have no depth or prospects and your core isn't elite .

This was simply a terrible regime patching for years . This inevitable suckage was long overdue it was just pushed further with the departed players and Drubust brought in to help an anemic offence .

Thats why you turf this regime top to bottom , they are clueless how to build a roster .

This crappy season has nothing to do with the PK-Weber trade. This season was lost on July 1, 2017 when we were told to buy a dog if we want loyalty by our GM.

Last edited:
And MB was right about the loyalty part but if you're going to be that smug, you need to deliver the goods, which he did not.

You seem to like preaching to the choir. I've been all over Bergevin far longer than most.

I won't judge drouin until he is played in his proper position.

I think he is elite, but as a winger.

He's a meh center.

Back