• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pacioretty

Teams will want a goal scorer at the deadline for the playoffs. There is 0% chance we don't trade him then if we're not in playoff position.

What I meant is if we have a bigger return, we need to trade him now. He has more value if he comes with a full year than just a playoff run.

Teams will try to low-ball, sure. But someone is not going to be able to resist the allure of bringing in a perennial 30+ goal scorer on a really cheap deal. Especially if we retain money on him, he'll be virtually free for someone at the deadline. Some capped out team is going to be willing to pay for that.

Bergevin should still be fired, though. That we're all in agreement on.

Sure but you can get futures in a deal. For example if Max signs an extension we get a 1st rounder.

They ****ed up. Last summer at draft was the time to trade Pacs or at least after their blunder of not signing radulov and markov. I believe his value is pretty low now seeing as everyone knows he will be gone anyway

They ****ed up. Last summer at draft was the time to trade Pacs or at least after their blunder of not signing radulov and markov. I believe his value is pretty low now seeing as everyone knows he will be gone anyway

Exactly , they knew this day was coming. You have to know if you are going to sign this guy or not .

Another colossal fckup in the life of the hab regimes

Exactly , they knew this day was coming. You have to know if you are going to sign this guy or not .

Another colossal fckup in the life of the hab regimes

They didn't know. MB didn't realize that losing Radulov and Markov would be a big deal.

They didn't know. MB didn't realize that losing Radulov and Markov would be a big deal.

Sure they did HP . You observe your roster , strengths and weaknesses and act accordingly.

This was simply piss poor asset management at its finest .

He knew well in advance Radu testing the market in the summer meant overpay or walk away

Markov was simply a year to year player , you dont decide about 67 based on a near 40 year old close to retirement .

Look around the league . Decisions were made well in advance such as Doughty resigning or the Rangers retooling and dumping players for assets .

There was no doubt 27 for example was a goner at some point .

There was no excuse to drag this 67 charade and now the embarrassment of having him traded and or shopped around for months and this report we will not extend him.

Sure they did HP . You observe your roster , strengths and weaknesses and act accordingly.

This was simply piss poor asset management at its finest .

He knew well in advance Radu testing the market in the summer meant overpay or walk away

Markov was simply a year to year player , you dont decide about 67 based on a near 40 year old close to retirement .

Look around the league . Decisions were made well in advance such as Doughty resigning or the Rangers retooling and dumping players for assets .

There was no doubt 27 for example was a goner at some point .

There was no excuse to drag this 67 charade and now the embarrassment of having him traded and or shopped around for months and this report we will not extend him.
You give MB too much credit.

I dont think anyone predicted the Habs to be that bad last year. The way things turned out, with Max as captain, that pretty much sealed his fate. Team wants to move forward with Gallagher and Weber leading the team.

I dont think anyone predicted the Habs to be that bad last year. The way things turned out, with Max as captain, that pretty much sealed his fate. Team wants to move forward with Gallagher and Weber leading the team.

Meh. He's not part of the future. He can be moved too. His "leadership" has not come as advertised.

This notion that Habs players like Pacioretty and Weber have no value is just insane. 35 goal scorers and #1D have plenty of value.

What I meant is if we have a bigger return, we need to trade him now. He has more value if he comes with a full year than just a playoff run.

depends

teams can get stupid around deadline time

i mean look how we got max is the first place.....him and gorges for rivet

erat got the preds forsberg

tatar got a first, second, third round picks

i sure did

i said we trading our best prospect to be a worse team

i had little interest in the team from the start last year

This notion that Habs players like Pacioretty and Weber have no value is just insane. 35 goal scorers and #1D have plenty of value.

I don't think anyone is disputing that they have value. I think there are differing opinions on when/if their value is it's highest or lowest.

Like Weber was probably more valuable before he hurt both his legs -- but that doesn't mean he has no value. I'm not sure what his comparisons are.

I don't think anyone is disputing that they have value. I think there are differing opinions on when/if their value is it's highest or lowest.

Like Weber was probably more valuable before he hurt both his legs -- but that doesn't mean he has no value. I'm not sure what his comparisons are.

Well conversely, Weber will be worth a heck of a lot more when he returns. Teams knew Weber had issues with his foot and knee already, that isn't new. When he returns and shows he's fine his stock will skyrocket.

Well conversely, Weber will be worth a heck of a lot more when he returns. Teams knew Weber had issues with his foot and knee already, that isn't new. When he returns and shows he's fine his stock will skyrocket.

With MB as G.M, at his salary and contract remaining, he better do more than fine for us to get anything valuable back. This is MB we're talking about, he'll probably target an even older dman in return because we're still competing for the playoffs lol.

Back