• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Bell Centre Help

bagopux

Long time poster on the Hurricanes board. I'm wondering if any of the Habs faithful can help me with this. We're taking a trip to Montreal this coming weekend and we're going to Bell Centre for the Islanders game. We have seats on the club level, which apparently comes with free food. Does anybody know what kind of food they have there? The Bell Centre website isn't terribly helpful. Is it decent food, or is it just popcorn and hot dogs and things like that?

If I cheer for the Islanders (in English) will the locals give me grief?

Is there anything in or around Bell Centre that we should check out while we're in that part of town

Thanks in advance for any advice.

From what I recall, it's standard concession food, as good as you'll find on concessions at other levels. Decent selection, definitely more than just pop corn and hot dogs. But it's been a while, I might be wrong.

No one will crap on you for being the only Islander fan at the game. Never sat in club there so not sure re food.

Food at Club Level, a.k.a Desjardins Section (named after a Bank in Quebec): Hot Dogs, Pizza, Smoke meat, Hamburgers, Fries, Poutine, Egg wrap, Couscous salad, Bean Salad, Tabouli salad, Popcorn, Ice cream, soft drinks, chips (Doritos and Lays), Nachos, Chicken fingers/tenders, etc.

You have to pay for alcohol though.....

Thinks to do around Bell Center: walk down to Sainte-Catherine street.....Montreal's main street with all the shopping. Take a cab to Old Port to visit Place Jacques Cartier. Just walk around....explore...

They close the food stands right before the start of the 3rd period....

It's actually fun watching a game in the Desjardins section if you get a chance...you have a ''coat check'' service, so you can leave your winter jackets there....it doesn't take 20 minutes to walk though traffic to get to the restrooms (like in the Reds)...and the view is nice.....

Would I switch for the Desjardins section ?.....nope.....but if you are going with your kid to the game, it's easier being in the Desjardins section because there's actual space to walk around without being bumped like crazy....

Molson Family saved something like 20-25 million back in 1996 by building the concourses narrow compared to other arenas.

They close the food stands right before the start of the 3rd period....

It's actually fun watching a game in the Desjardins section if you get a chance...you have a ''coat check'' service, so you can leave your winter jackets there....it doesn't take 20 minutes to walk though traffic to get to the restrooms (like in the Reds)...and the view is nice.....

Would I switch for the Desjardins section ?.....nope.....but if you are going with your kid to the game, it's easier being in the Desjardins section because there's actual space to walk around without being bumped like crazy....

Molson Family saved something like 20-25 million back in 1996 by building the concourses narrow compared to other arenas.
I've been there, no narrower than in Vancouver

Not that you'd know firsthand, Rolex, but how late in the 3rd period do they stop serving food?

giphy.gif

The noble Lapin and his son sat in that section a number of years ago . There is a good variety of concession type foods . Suggest you try the smoked meat . The view is good. Anyway, not to shabby , mate. I think you'll enjoy it .

You'll get no grief, matey . Montreal fans are tolerant , respectful people.

Bartend, another Sam's .

A bientot !

Bell food = GARBAGE

We have the worst food out of any major sports venue in the entire world. Even if it's free, eat before or after you go to the game. Not only is the selection just junk/garbage, I wouldn't serve the food there to my worst enemy. That being said, every time I have gone, I have over stuffed myself with cheap hot dogs, soggy fries, greasy pizza and whatever other processed food they have and regretted it the next day.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's help. The coat check will be nice. You don't have to layer up in Raleigh like we're going to have to in Montreal.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Heading to the Bell Centre for the first time this weekend as well.

Any thoughts on things to do around montreal? pub/bars around the bell centre?

Also Rolex can I have your seats for the 3rd period?

Old town is a short walk from the Bell Centre and is definitely worth a visit. Plenty of pub/bars there as well but might not be as convenient as a stop before the game. Not shortage of options are there, especially if you head toward Crescent St. It also depends what you are looking for. Hurley's is a pretty classic Irish pub on Crescent and is always a decent option.

Old town is a short walk from the Bell Centre and is definitely worth a visit. Plenty of pub/bars there as well but might not be as convenient as a stop before the game. Not shortage of options are there, especially if you head toward Crescent St. It also depends what you are looking for. Hurley's is a pretty classic Irish pub on Crescent and is always a decent option.

Where do I find a rave?

If you can get a reservation Joe Beef is a great place to eat but a bit out of the way from the arena .

It's phenomenal.

So is Joe Beef's sister resto Vin Papillon. No resos. Great wine. Awesome small plates with an emphasis on veggies.

Closer to Bell, Holder is a big gastropub with hearty bistro classics.

Just go to Club Chasse et Pêche...you won’t regret it. I love Vin Papillon, but it’s not for everyone...know a few people who didn’t like it (i call them crazy people)

Back