• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Who will and should replace MB?

Re: GDT: Game #36 | Canadiens vs. Hurricanes | Dec 27, 2017 | 7:00
Drouin hasn't been anything special tonight.....and most nights.....he will soon be the new whipping boy!

this :banghead:

Will drouin even get to 10 goals this year? lol When you watch Sergachev play, this kid is going to be special. He has vision, moves, controls the puck well. I never saw him play to be honest before this season. But now that I see him, there's no fkn way I would have ever traded him. MB is a fkn tool, we just traded a #1 dman for a barely 2nd/3rd line winger. MB needs to be fired.

In all fairness, Drouin is being misused, Sergachev isn't.

Bad deal , period .Once again its a fool GM not knowing what his team is all about . SY knew he had Nemestikov and Point ahead of him in the depth chart or in his stable.

What is our douchebage saying now that ideally Drouin is a winger on this team and we need that 1C , WTF did you make the deal for ?

Drouin is not a finisher. He reminds me of a fancy Lars Eller. Sergachev controls the point, he reads the play well in the d zone, and I love his playmaking on the power play. You don't trade a #1 dman, on an ELC, for a 2nd/3rd line winger, that needs to get you fired. Compare their salaries/cap hits too for the next couple of years.

Bad deal , period .Once again its a fool GM not knowing what his team is all about . SY knew he had Nemestikov and Point ahead of him in the depth chart or in his stable.

What is our douchebage saying now that ideally Drouin is a winger on this team and we need that 1C , WTF did you make the deal for ?
There is no way Point or Nemestikov were ahead of Drouin, just like there was no way he would ever get a Sergachev for those two.

Drouin is not a finisher. He reminds me of a fancy Lars Eller. Sergachev controls the point, he reads the play well in the d zone, and I love his playmaking on the power play. You don't trade a #1 dman, on an ELC, for a 2nd/3rd line winger, that needs to get you fired. Compare their salaries/cap hits too for the next couple of years.
I know people are down on Drouin right now but get it together people. Lars Eller really?

Ummm....no.

Drouin can finish like a mofo. He's playing out of position.

And if Sergachev were still with our organization he'd probably be spending most of the season in the press box watching Morrow play or in Laval being destroyed by Lefebvre.

Ummm....no.

Drouin can finish like a mofo. He's playing out of position.

And if Sergachev were still with our organization he'd probably be spending most of the season in the press box watching Morrow play or in Laval being destroyed by Lefebvre.

uhm 201GP 34G , that's a real finisher , definitely will help with our lack of scoring

Last edited:
There is no way Point or Nemestikov were ahead of Drouin, just like there was no way he would ever get a Sergachev for those two.

BS .......... Yzerman knew eexactly what he was working with GW. Point got 40 points last year and the Rooshie was improving . These werent some Jake DerBrusk lets hope and see what we have by trying him out they were groomed to contribute now.

He had Johnson , Kuch , Stammer , Kilhorn ,Palat .......Drouin was totally expendable .

Not to mention Raddysh , Katch and Howden from the junior team being groomed .

Defend him all you want this deal is atrocious and JD has been abysmal and a huge bust so far .

I dont buy this C issue for a second . He is positionally better than 27 but hasnt been able to generate shit offensively .

He has free space on a PP , there is no excuse how he has 5 goals . Shit he has fewer goals and same points as Larshole for Gods sake .

If he wasnt French he would of been run out town by now . His play better come around or this will go down as one of the heists of the decade for TB.

He isnt some 20 year old trying to find his way , he is nearly 23 and has been nothing more than an extension of the offensive stench on this team .

There is no excuse how he is outplayed and produced by 11 and Dano .

Not denying that the deal looks bad right now. But Drouin was his best tradeable piece to get a defensemen, not Namestikov, Killorn, Palat, or Point. Those guys would not have fetched a Sergachev in return. Drouin was expandable but not because he was the lesser player of the lot.

That is not actually 100% right

Duclair played for crappy team, 47 goals and and 0.42 ppg, Drouin played for much better team until this season, 34 goals and and 0.56 ppg and many are saying Duclair is a flop, even though Duclair is a 3rd round pick while Drouin is 3rd overall. Of course it is still too early but doesn't look promising and i am ready to bet at best he become Ok top 6, nothing more.

Last edited:
Not denying that the deal looks bad right now. But Drouin was his best tradeable piece to get a defensemen, not Namestikov, Killorn, Palat, or Point. Those guys would not have fetched a Sergachev in return. Drouin was expandable but not because he was the lesser player of the lot.

I dont care what those guys were worth , so far Chevy got me a third line producer in return . I crap on 67 but at least playing with no talent down the middle he notches 30 plus a year .

If JD is misfit , put him on the wing with Dano and lets me see 15-20 goals the rest of the way .

All I know is GM`s would of been fired by now if McAvoy, Keller , or Boesner returned what we got so far .

Lamouriello would of been ripped to shreads if he moved Marner for a so called top pair D and all he got back was barely a 4D .

I am pissed....... we moved 76 , Chevy, McDonough , and never filled our 1C .....:banghead:

Will drouin even get to 10 goals this year? lol When you watch Sergachev play, this kid is going to be special. He has vision, moves, controls the puck well. I never saw him play to be honest before this season. But now that I see him, there's no fkn way I would have ever traded him. MB is a fkn tool, we just traded a #1 dman for a barely 2nd/3rd line winger. MB needs to be fired.

Drouin is a top line LW. Doesn’t mean it’s a good trade but you need to not lie about Drouin.

Back