• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

POTUS isn't "someone". Shitty luck for her, but her employer was justified if it felt that picture could harm their business.

Surprised people are defending this. Her personal account, didn't happen at work. It seems pretty "Big Brother" to me. Unacceptable and absurd.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/woman-flips-off-donald-trump-fired_us_59fe0ab4e4b0c9652fffa484

Briskman, a 50-year-old mother of two, said she was stunned that someone had taken a picture of her giving Trump the middle finger.

As the photo circulated online, Briskman decided to tell Akima’s HR department what was happening when she went to work on Monday. By Tuesday, her bosses called her into a meeting and said she had violated the company’s social media policy by using the photo as her profile picture on Twitter and Facebook.

Briskman, who worked in marketing and communications at Akima for just over six months, said she emphasized to the executives that she wasn’t on the job when the incident happened and that her social media pages don’t mention her employer.

Why? It's her own personal account. She wasn't doing anything illegal, or even immoral. She did something that millions of other people do.

Certainly it has 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% to do with her ****ing job.

If it embarrasses the company that pays you? It's their right to fire.

You don't think that's a very slippery slope? "Embarrasses" is highly subjective, especially considering this was a personal account and has nothing whatsoever to do with her job. Please put aside your love of Trump for a moment to evaluate this.

You don't think that's a very slippery slope? "Embarrasses" is highly subjective, especially considering this was a personal account and has nothing whatsoever to do with her job. Please put aside your love of Trump for a moment to evaluate this.
You have a serious problem with the Trump love bullshit. You really do.

She could have done that to Obama and I'd feel the same. It's business. It's not a slippery slope, you work at the pleasure of your boss. You do something stupid like that? You're begging to be fired.

You have a serious problem with the Trump love bullshit. You really do.

She could have done that to Obama and I'd feel the same. It's business. It's not a slippery slope, you work at the pleasure of your boss. You do something stupid like that? You're begging to be fired.

Believe me, I would say the same thing if this was Obama.

I fail to see what is so "stupid". She had no control over someone taking a photo, had no control over it going viral. Flipping somebody off on the road is something that happens hundreds of thousands of times, every day. Posted a photo on her own Facebook page with no mention of this shitty company.

If she posted it on a company's social media page, it would be a different story. Although even then, suspension at most. This is not a fire-able offense in any way, shape or form. Honestly I'm really surprised at your stance on this issue.

This is 100% wrongful dismissal. And I would not have anything to do with a company that would fire somebody over something like this. That is what's stupid here.

Well go run your company with that in mind. I want to work with people that have an ounce of common sense.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

“They said, ‘We’re separating from you,‘” said Briskman. “Basically, you cannot have ‘lewd’ or ‘obscene’ things in your social media. So they were calling flipping him off ‘obscene.’”

Well yeah, it's literally called an obscene gesture.

Believe me, I would say the same thing if this was Obama.

I fail to see what is so "stupid". She had no control over someone taking a photo, had no control over it going viral. Flipping somebody off on the road is something that happens hundreds of thousands of times, every day. Posted a photo on her own Facebook page with no mention of this shitty company.

If she posted it on a company's social media page, it would be a different story. Although even then, suspension at most. This is not a fire-able offense in any way, shape or form. Honestly I'm really surprised at your stance on this issue.

This is 100% wrongful dismissal. And I would not have anything to do with a company that would fire somebody over something like this. That is what's stupid here.

You don't know what wrongful dismisal is if you think that's it. If she didn't have her place of employment on her Facebook, linked in is a click away. You can't hide behind it being your personal Facebook page. It's extremely naive of you to think you can.

As for you not having to do anything with a company that would fire over this well congrats, you just limited your employment to 30% of employers, if you're lucky.

Last edited:
Back