• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL thread

Watch him get injured in his first game.

never pass up the low hanging fruit

This isn't directed at you per se but I never figured out why people rip on him as much as they do. Jim Kelly lost four SBs and is lauded. Matt Ryan has never won anything in his life and is lauded. If Romo had lost that last SB with that lead, his loss would have been the story, not the Patriot comeback.

Here was an undrafted guy from a small school who became the QB for the most famous and well known football team in North America and had a damn good career. That should be lauded but it isn't. He had his flaws for sure but it isn't like he was Tyrod Taylor, Brock Osweiler, Derek Carr etc

Ha, I actually don't mind Romo, he's just an easy target. He made the Cowboys much better than they really were for a couple of years, but just like his idol Favre, he had a knack for untimely interceptions and then he became realky injured prone in his later year. But I respect the guy, he's a good story and always gave it all on the field.

The Defining Moment of Romo's Career

[video=youtube;QVuQ5aw0HAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVuQ5aw0HAQ[/video]

Romo's latest project: Showing the world how to choke away a playoff game from the broadcast booth.

I think it's a joke that CBS fires Phil Simms (a guy who actually accomplished something in this league) so they can hand the job to Romo. Once again, Romo is being treated as though he's achieved something. He's never called a single game. Not one. But nobody at CBS seems interested in making him earn anything.

Kinda reminds me of how anyone can be a hockey analyst at Sportsnet or TSN so long as they once played for the Leafs.

I think it's a joke that CBS fires Phil Simms (a guy who actually accomplished something in this league) so they can hand the job to Romo. Once again, Romo is being treated as though he's achieved something. He's never called a single game. Not one. But nobody at CBS seems interested in making him earn anything.

Kinda reminds me of how anyone can be a hockey analyst at Sportsnet or TSN so long as they once played for the Leafs.

I didn't have a problem with Phil Simms but the belief was he was getting stale.

I also didn't think that you needed to achieve something to be an analyst. Anyway, why do you care if they gave him the job, no skin off your nose. Michael Strahan had never been a studio analyst, nor had Howie Long, Tony Gonzalez, et al yet they just walked into a cushy job and you didn't complain. You are only complaining because you have a completely irrational hatred of a guy who never did you wrong in his life. I understand hating people and acknowledge all hatred is by definition irrational but yours re Romo is over the top. Normally you love those feel good stories about a guy not being give a chance, going to a small school and making it, but for some reason you hold that against Romo.

As I wrote above, from being undrafted to the fourth highest QBR of all time, 2-1 TD-INT ratio, is usually a reason to laud someone. You rip on him for no reason. You call him irrelevant yet you cannot stop talking about his irrelevance thereby making him relevant.

Simms' Kentucky drawl was annoying. I predict I will prefer Romo.

Back