• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Rangers 5/16 7:00

That’s an interesting way to put it. I see it differently. The Rangers were the better team exactly because they did not make those costly mistakes and were able to capitalize on the ones that the Canes did make. The Canes are very good at some things and not so good at others. Same with the Rangers. The Rangers’ mix of strengths and weaknesses proved more successful in a head to head matchup. Therefore the Canes got beat by the better team.
They were lucky as hell our 'scorers' hit the iron more than the back of the net. Those go in an there it no fucking way NY was the better team.
And, of course, throw in Freddie's act to seal the deal.
God damn it, I'm still pissed off.

They were lucky as hell our 'scorers' hit the iron more than the back of the net. Those go in an there it no fucking way NY was the better team.
And, of course, throw in Freddie's act to seal the deal.
God damn it, I'm still pissed off.
Well goalies are part of the team. Their goalie was better than ours by enough to make their team better than ours.

Well goalies are part of the team. Their goalie was better than ours by enough to make their team better than ours.
I'll disagree. Dude's ass was saved by the iron twice because those shots got past him, which would have radically altered the nature of the game.
If you want to call not having two nasty ass brain farts that much 'better'...

Shesterkin got bailed out by the huge comeback. He was pedestrian last night, and if I gave a crap about the Rangers it would concern me how iffy he looked early in the 3rd.

For all Andersen and Kochetkov if I count right we only gave up 2 more then Shesty. And the Rangers generated more HD Chances the gulf isn't as large as some think .

For all Andersen and Kochetkov if I count right we only gave up 2 more then Shesty. And the Rangers generated more HD Chances the gulf isn't as large as some think .
Between the teams? No. Slimmest of margins, really. Different ways of getting it done, of course ... which will lead to a lot of wrong conclusions probably. Between the goaltenders? Bigger gap, no matter the goal totals. Shesterkin was far from invincible, but he also didn't barf up goals when he simply lost the puck in his own feet. Nothing banked in off his ass either.

Not saying they’re a lot better. Just saying it’s not accurate to say the better team lost this series. We SHOULD be the better team but we were not. Part of that is Anderson barfing up goals. Part of that is hitting posts. Part of it is nobody stepped up like Krieder did for them.

We’re better, their goalie just got lucky? Not buying it. He made key saves down the stretch and ours blew a 2 goal lead.

Because I don’t think this team played anywhere near their potential. They should have been able to be closer to their potential which I think puts them better than the Rangers. They didn’t, so they’re not. They’re kind of the opposite of that JWill captained team that played very close to their potential. This team had the talent to win it all but whatever was missing was fatal.

It was evident in the third period last night. They stopped asserting their will on the game and allowed the Rangers to dictate. Freddie gave up a softie, they hit some posts and they weren’t able to stop the damage. That’s some on the Rangers but I think it’s an issue with this team.

Why should Carolina be better? NYR finished ahead of them this season and nothing we saw in the playoffs indicates that was some sort of fluke. At best they're even.
Yup. The last month of the season we played super and we still couldn’t reel them in. There’s a reason they had the most points.

Back