PDA

View Full Version : What song are you listening to right now?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Metalleaf
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Just a fun idea:

Wasted Years- Iron Maiden

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
"If Everyone Cared" by Nickelback

Volcanologist
12-18-2007, 07:45 PM
CSNY - Wooden Ships - live.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
12-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Now I'm listening to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l74Y_p6or00&feature=related

Crazy I know, but I loved him as a kid and I do respect his talent.

Factinista
12-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Farewell to the Pressure Kids - Kevin Drew

Studin
12-18-2007, 09:11 PM
"Counting" by Korn

HolyPuck
12-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Kansas- Dust in the Wind

johnunit
12-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Pepper - Point and Shoot.

Third greatest Cunnilingus song EVER.

Studin
12-18-2007, 10:07 PM
"Detachable Penis" by Primus

HolyPuck
12-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Armin van Buuren- Communication

Alfamale
12-18-2007, 10:20 PM
"power trippin" - monster magnet

Habsy
12-18-2007, 10:23 PM
CSNY - Wooden Ships - live.

:thumbsup(22):

Habsy
12-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
12-18-2007, 10:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3cIpyKMpus

From the Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Special in 2001.

Hoss
12-18-2007, 10:31 PM
micheal jackson made 2 good records...Off the Wall and Thriller, that is it. All he is is a producers puppet and it was Quincy Jones who made him... after that Jackson is CRAP....

Like Dave Chappelle said (court scene) come on man he made Thriller... THRILLER.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
12-18-2007, 10:57 PM
:rolleyes(2):

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Do you really want to go there? Seriously? Check the record books and history of this man. :nono:

esdoorn
12-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Sway - The Rolling Stones! :thumbsup(22):

Habsy
12-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I dunno what is weirder... arguing in favour of Michael Jackson or admitting you are listening to Nickelback.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
12-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah on the surface it may seem weird to some. However, if you enjoy a large variety of music like I do (I even like some rap) than its not a big deal. Heck, you just have to enjoy music period to enjoy the true legends of the industry and their talents (not that Nickelback is a legend group just yet, I just like them, but they aren't legends).

I like Sinatra, Elvis, Cash, Jackson, even a tiny little bit of Madonna (due to my wife being a huge fan). I even adore Johnny Carson even though I only saw his final two years of his career in show business. I have Carson's greatest hits video package and he is brilliant. Just because I wasn't there in the 60, 70, early 80's doesn't mean I cannot appreciate his true genious. Because nobody can touch him even today.

Same with the Elvis, Jackson, Sinatra, Madonna performers.

Michael may be a lot of things but he is a genious performer. Same as Elvis, Frank, etc etc they all have their hang ups personally. But, there is no denying their talents or their genious.

johnunit
12-18-2007, 11:25 PM
As politically incorrect as it is, a pedophile genius singer/songwriter is still a genius singer/songwriter.

Factinista
12-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Yeah, Michael Jackson may be one ****ed up dude, but I'll be damned if he doesn't have some good songs.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
12-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Yes, I'm not disputing that his lifestyle (if true) and his way of conducting business is a bit off. Though he has never been convicted of anything. So who knows.

But the bottom line is he is a heck of a singer, dancer, entertainer and a showman. We haven't seena person of his ability since Elvis. There is a reason why he is the king of pop.

Factinista
12-18-2007, 11:37 PM
I love that little crotch grab he does. Makes me hot down there.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
12-18-2007, 11:38 PM
And sorry if it bothers some, but as a child and young man I loved his music and music videos. He is amazing so I still like him.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
12-18-2007, 11:39 PM
I love that little crotch grab he does. Makes me hot down there.

Well coooool? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Its funny we find something like that disputive when so many other things go on that are much worse in music.

johnunit
12-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Black Keys: Akron(?) Ohio blues band consisting of two nerdy white guys. Brilliant stuff.

Alfamale
12-19-2007, 12:16 AM
"thrash unreal" - against me

Studin
12-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey man, talk about what inspires you.. Talk about it all you want.. Who are other people to put down what inspires you?? Music is extremely powerful stuff..

I remember people used to rag on FloydianLeaf because of his constant mentioning of Pink Floyd. I thought those people were stupid for putting him down, and I hated that.. Same responses I get sometimes when I bring up Tool..

Don't be sorry MapleLeafBlueJayBoy.. Be proud.

+1

I've never understood why people are like that.

For instance, I've never really told anyone on here, but I am a HUGE Korn fan.

Back in the late 90's - early 2000's they were big and it was "cool" to like them.

Then alot of other bands started copying their style leading to this whole "nu-metal" thing and they somehow got clumped in with bands like "Limp Bizkit".

Over the years they've continued to change and evolve with each album, but despite having a completely different sound than they used to, they are still grouped with those other bands, all who've since faded away, and that genre of music is no longer "in".

So I get alot of crap from people for liking them.

Now I don't like artists like Britney Spears or Spice Girls but, I'd don't go and put people who do like them down because of it.

Habsy
12-19-2007, 12:19 AM
So then there is no truth to the rumour that people that listen to Nickelback touch their peepees?

Factinista
12-19-2007, 12:27 AM
'Ode to LRC' - Band of Horses

johnunit
12-19-2007, 12:47 AM
"thrash unreal" - against me

great band, atleast now. I like to check out the older stuff when a band that isn't newly formed first hits it big and wow, their stuff from the late 90s sounded like a stinking pile of crap stuck in the teeth of a chainsaw with a 10 year old doing a bad Jack Black impression on the guitar. Horrible, horrible music, and somewhere around 2002, they just suddenly found their sound and became this really cool, unique "folk-punk" band.

Studin
12-19-2007, 01:54 AM
So then there is no truth to the rumour that people that listen to Nickelback touch their peepees?
I don't really listen to Nickelback but I've been known to touch my peepee on occasion, when the GF isn't available anyways.....Wait, What? :stunned:

Studin
12-19-2007, 02:04 AM
Tool - "Eulogy"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=s57FtD2HKLw

wicked tune.

I got my Dad into them after "10,000 Days" came out.

He's a huge Pink Floyd fan and had heard someone refer to them as this generations Floyd, so he asked to borrow the album from me and is now a fan.

Are you into "A Perfet Circle" too?

Alfamale
12-19-2007, 04:12 AM
"we want the funk" - george clinton

Hoss
12-19-2007, 08:34 AM
:rolleyes(2):

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Do you really want to go there? Seriously? Check the record books and history of this man. :nono:

what do record books have to do with it.... just because MJ is revered in an area of the world that has over half of the world population and they buy some records makes him an amazing artist.....

I own two of his albums (yes albums) Off the wall and Thriller.... what songs off Bad are amazing, or carnival or whatever.

Mariah Carey has become one the highest album sales leader of all time... does that make her better then the beatles??

We live in a world with more people, more access to music, more disposable income... record sales means crap....

And I don't care if people like him or not... I am not denying anyones preference... butto call him a musician or a great song writer is a bit much... all of the things that he has "written" are crap... it's when others step in that make him listenable.

he is a great entertainer... but even with saying that... watching him dance now... is like watching that MJ special... pretty much the same moves, same schtick.

If there is anyone from the 80's that should get the credit its Prince... he plays, writes, performs like not many others... I haven't been a huge fan of his latest stuff, but watching him live is unreal.

Disagree if you want, that's what a forum is for.

Volcanologist
12-19-2007, 09:49 AM
The most powerful and most beautiful piece of music ever recorded (imo).. A True Epic Masterpiece of gargantuan proportions!!

What an opus of musical achievement..

No offence, but you need to start listening to some other music.

LeafNation
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM
No offense taken bud.. As far as ambience, atmosphere, buildup, and feel, yes, to me.. again it is IMO. I love epic, long journeys in songs that are very well written (any band can write a quick 3 minute flash in the pan quick hitter. they bore me-- but let's see who can make a 13 -15 minute masterpiece- not easy to do).. And that one takes the cake for me, from beginning to end, of the rock genre..

It's another reason I like the band, because they make "long songs" with incredible atmosphere and song structures- and they are masterful in doing it.. I find long songs, when done right, offer deeper and better rewards to the listener.. I love long songs because I love getting lost in them and drifting away in it's atmosphere.. And I love the journey through the long buildups. Hence the better rewards and the better "experience" comment .. Again, that's my opinion..

Look at great classical music, alot of them were long songs (and are considered timeless songs), and were/are loved for all those reasons..

EDIT- The masterpiece "echoes" by Pink Floyd is another favorite of mine in that context,. That song floored me so hard when I first heard it you had to chisel me off of it. There's many that I love, too many to list.

Volcanologist
12-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah, Echoes is good. Set the Controls and Saucer Full of Secrets are good too. Ummagumma is a good album if you like that sort of Floyd.

LeafNation
12-19-2007, 07:16 PM
No offence, but you need to start listening to some other music.

At least I'm not the only wacko. lol

I could speculate at what Pushit means. I could sit here and try to delineate the whole song. I'm not going to. I want to take the time to just say that this song has changed everything. It is hard to put into words how strong this song is to me. When I first heard Pushit, I almost cried. I have no idea why. I don't know what I was feeling. It just moved me so much. I used to hate Tool when I first heard them, but it was because I didn't listen.....I just heard.

Now, they are the only band that moves me when I hear the music. Pushit is the song that changed everything. I hear that the song is about a relationship, but I am not sure what it means to me. I am not sure what the members of Tool meant. All I know is that Pushit is a song that takes over you. I try not to listen to the lyrics....the music is what kicks me in the stomach.

The crescendos and decrescendos are used so meticulously. Maynard's voice is amazing, and this doesn't even do it justice. The guitar is so mysterious, the bass is electrifying, and the drums.....there are no words to describe it. I wish I could sit down with the band and ask, "So, how does it feel?" That's what Pushit means to me
March 2003

I know exactly what you mean. That song has touched me in a way that is not possible to describe with words. Just flat out amazing. I still hold strong in my oppinion that it is the single greatest piece of music ever recorded by human-beings.
March 2003

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=3846

and

http://toolnavy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=-1
:joy

MindzEye
12-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Well....I listened to it, and the build up was interesting, but to call the main portion of that track a "masterpiece" is a reach, and kind of illustrates how far rock music has fallen in recent decades imo.

I'll admit that I'm biased, as I'm not big on rock or it's many sub genres, but imo a masterpiece is something that should transend genre. That just doesn't do it.

MindzEye
12-19-2007, 07:41 PM
The rest of the track was a build up to the main portion. Like I said, the build up was interesting, but what it lead up to lacked the quality necessary to call this a masterpiece, or even the quality to be worth sitting through 6 minutes of interesting build up.

Metalleaf
12-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Prelude 3.0- Slipknot

johnunit
12-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chilli Peppers

really moving song with a really moving back story.

LeafGm
12-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Hmmm, Tool. I haven't really listened to those guys in a while. I've been kind of disillusioned with them for a while, ever since I bought 90 dollar tickets and drove all the way to Hamilton to see them, and the entire band except Danny Carey mailed in a really mediocre, uninspired performance.

No doubt that the Salival version of Pushit is pretty amazing though. As is their live version of "Third Eye". Hell, their two covers on that album (No Quarter and You Lied) are amazing too. I was addicted to that album for the longest time.

Alfamale
12-20-2007, 12:28 AM
"cut you up with a linoleum knife" - mastadon

Bermygoon
12-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Van Morrison - Cleaning Windows

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RUvkhMZSdCE

Live version is pretty awesome, album version is even better

tuckered
12-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Van Morrison - Astral Weeks

weird didn't even see the van morrison above. lol

Leafovic
12-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Banquet - Bloc Party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOeFiII9mSE

Alfamale
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
"across 110th street" - bobby womack

Metalleaf
12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
In The Presence of Enemies- Dream Theater

Preston_Mizzi
12-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Beatles - Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Studin
12-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Pursuit of Vikings by Amon Amarth
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wy1Z53gOE-E

I just recently started listening to these guys and this type of "viking metal" music.

tuckered
12-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Neutral Milk Hotel - Communist Daughter

Kritter
12-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Drift Away - Dobie Gray

Factinista
12-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Rushing Elephants - Wu-Tang Clan

Volcanologist
12-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Can't Find My Way Home - Blind Faith

Bermygoon
12-20-2007, 10:23 PM
The Riff king-keith richards/stones

before they made me run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuQq5Nreox0

PlayerToBeNamedLater
12-21-2007, 03:46 PM
televators - The Mars Volta

Volcanologist
12-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Mad Season - All Alone

Factinista
12-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Rose Parade - Elliot Smith

corksens
12-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode

Kritter
12-21-2007, 09:45 PM
depeche mode ?

who forced ya?

mbow30
12-21-2007, 09:59 PM
don't think twice, it's alright - dylan

i think this song is just so wonderfully well rounded--it epitomizes what makes dylan so great. great, witty, cutting lyrics than most people can relate to in some way, some nice playing (i believe it was bbw who noted--dylan's guitar playing is mucho underrated), and the song is just perfect for dylan's throaty/scratchy drawl...

Bermygoon
12-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Peter, bjorn & john -young folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51V1VMkuyx0

Best tune of 2007 for me?!!??

Probably

Bermygoon
12-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Actually what am I talking about this is the tune of 2007 for me atlas-battles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpGp-22t0lU

lyrics...
atlas...atlas...atlas...
People will be people when the atlas tells us
You're in the dark, won't you get what you're after
People will be people will be
People will be people when the atlas tells us
Won't you show me what you're into
You'll get what you're after

singer is crook, whoa-ey-oh

kitchen is cook, whoa-ey-oh
scissors are the barber's, whoa-ey-oh
The Chorus Doesn't matter.

kitchen is for cook, whoa-ey-oh
sissors at the barber, whoa-ey-oh
The Chorus Doesn't matter.

Kritter
12-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Best song title ever :

Fall Out Boy:

'I'm Like a Lawyer With the Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off '

Bermygoon
12-21-2007, 10:15 PM
this thread is useless without youtube links.

There I said it.:thumbup1:

Bermygoon
12-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Best song title ever :

Fall Out Boy:

'I'm Like a Lawyer With the Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off '

I would be very happy if fall out boy was in one plane and maroon5 was in another and those planes just happened to collide in midair.

I know bad thought, but I can't fight it.

tuckered
12-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Our Lady Peace - Starseed

Not a big fan of OLP but Naveed and Clumsy are good albums.

Kritter
12-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I would be very happy if fall out boy was in one plane and maroon5 was in another and those planes just happened to collide in midair.

I know bad thought, but I can't fight it.

hahha

Too funny.
My wife and I have this imaginary plane that flies into the side of a mountain. In this plane we have certain people we really hate. No one we know, just, like people, you know.
My wife has Celine Dion flying the plane and I have Paris Hilton co-pilot. Other people we hate are the crew... Like you said, we cant help it ..lol

Volcanologist
12-21-2007, 11:53 PM
How big is the plane allowed to be? Let me get a pen.

Rumpleforeskin
12-22-2007, 04:37 PM
From Her lips to God's ears- Against Me!

Hoss
12-22-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm not trying to be preachy but it seems that people here like to post obscure songs so that it seems that they have a deeper musical taste... Corksens posted he was listening to depeche mode and you could almost tell someone was going to make a comment....

Do you people always listen to these 20 minutes songs that have these "genius" solos et al....

I am not mocking your tastes but you have to have some variety in ones tastes... you can't always listen to some requiem by some band... there are times in your life where you need to belt out a typical verse verse chorus verse bridge chorus type of song.

I would rather hear what your guilty pleasures.. songs that people love to belt out in the car and turn your head when a car come besides you.

Hey Leaf Nation... there has to be something else in your CD or MP3 collection than just Tool.... come on... methinks if I dig deep I may find an old N Sync CD or something.

jrsuperstar
12-22-2007, 06:45 PM
The last five songs I have listened to are:

Piece of Me:::Britney Spears
Archangel:::Burial
Love Child:::Supremes
Stop her on Sight(S.O.S):::Edwin Starr
O-O-H Child:::The Five Stairsteps

Leafovic
12-22-2007, 06:48 PM
televators - The Mars Volta

:smile(21):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPeSbITit5U

meshie
12-22-2007, 07:27 PM
por todos/earthy, sky & c - i mother earth

jrsuperstar
12-22-2007, 07:27 PM
The last five songs:

Monkey Shine::::Major Lance
Is it Something that I Got:::Tyrone Davis
Can't Hold Me::::Shaggy
African Map:::Mikey Dread
Nothing but Heartaches:::Supremes

jrsuperstar
12-22-2007, 07:47 PM
The last five songs:

Rough and Tough:::Stranger Cole
Um Um Um Um:::Major Lance
I'm Living in Shame:::Supremes
Show and Tell:::Al Wilson
Pillow Talk:::Sylvia

Hoss
12-22-2007, 07:53 PM
little help here... what is the name of the Christmas song that is sung by Dean Martin and some girl.... they sing back and forth... I really like that song...

something about cold outside... anyone know the name.

jrsuperstar
12-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Baby it's Cold Outside:::Dean Martin

meshie
12-22-2007, 08:24 PM
long gone day - mad season

ooo madison now. heh. that fits quite well. It's been a long day.

mbow30
12-23-2007, 03:07 AM
long gone day - mad season

nice. their album was probably the finest "side project" album i've ever heard. solid stuff from start to finish.

those guys must have been toxic to each other (two of the four members are now deceased b/c of heroin overdoses and the guitarist, mike mccready, has fought a public battle with heroin addiction), but they made one hell of an album.

meshie
12-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Yea man... I love AiC, but Layne Staley and peeps were seriously messed up. They produced some amazing music though.

Mad Season I think was recorded shortly before the MTV unplugged edition of AiC, which was shortly before Layne OD'd. Really sad loss. He was so talented.

Ride the lightning - Metallica (We're playing Rock Band :D I just played NIB and ...And justice for all!!!)

rated
12-23-2007, 02:40 PM
just surrender - sexy back

corksens
12-23-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm not trying to be preachy but it seems that people here like to post obscure songs so that it seems that they have a deeper musical taste... Corksens posted he was listening to depeche mode and you could almost tell someone was going to make a comment....

Do you people always listen to these 20 minutes songs that have these "genius" solos et al....

I am not mocking your tastes but you have to have some variety in ones tastes... you can't always listen to some requiem by some band... there are times in your life where you need to belt out a typical verse verse chorus verse bridge chorus type of song.

I would rather hear what your guilty pleasures.. songs that people love to belt out in the car and turn your head when a car come besides you.

Hey Leaf Nation... there has to be something else in your CD or MP3 collection than just Tool.... come on... methinks if I dig deep I may find an old N Sync CD or something.Was that a veiled comment on Depeche Mode, or are you supporting my choice? hah.

I have alot of heavy metal music on my computer, but I'll always have a soft spot for the synth, and Depeche Mode is heavy on it.

rated
12-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm not trying to be preachy

but you are.
cant help or change the fact that people are going to post songs in here with intentions of impressing others or just to show off.

tuckered
12-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Why do ppl feel that listening to music impresses anybody? Listen to whatever your heart desires and who gives a **** what anybody thinks.

Kritter
12-23-2007, 05:59 PM
How big is the plane allowed to be? Let me get a pen.

Endless seating.

Kritter
12-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Any Blues fans here?

Right now I am listening to some really great blues. Before Fleetwood Mac did the garbage they did with Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood had one the great blues bands of the late 60's. I use to have a tape of one of the albums and played it to death. Had no idea they had a compilation set on CD, found it earlier this year(6 albums). Trully awesome stuff.

johnunit
12-23-2007, 09:57 PM
**** you it's my birthday! - The Vandals

Metalleaf
12-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Try Honesty- Billy Talent

meshie
12-24-2007, 10:47 PM
still - foo fighters

<3 dave grohl.

<3 my dave. :)

I reread Hoss's post a few times, and kept reading "peachy", which reminds me of the time I came home one day from work and asked my dad how his day was... (my dad is 100 per cent italian immigrant, thick accent and everything, but speaks english as well as anybody.)

me: how was your day?

papa: peachy.

me: *laugh hysterically*

Otherwise, seriously, what do you care, Hoss? It's a way to get to know people and their musical tastes. Who knows, maybe you have a musical soulmate or something, if you believe in that sort of thing. Or you find out about a new artist you never heard of, and download their song, and you end up loving them... I know a few of the artists I LOVE today are because of message board people turning me onto them. So yea. I'm done here.

over and out - foo fighters

(it's a very Dave and Diesel week. Happy Christmas to everybody.)

tuckered
12-25-2007, 12:25 AM
My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow

Metalleaf
12-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Pennyroyal Tea(acoustic)- Nirvana

Metalleaf
12-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I got quite a few CDs yesterday:

Vitalogy- Pearl Jam
Mothership- Led Zeppelin
Karma Code- Lacuna Coil
Apple- Mother Love Bone
Unplugged Live In New York- Nirvana

all very solid albums.

Montana
12-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack

Metalleaf
12-26-2007, 06:42 PM
On A Plain- Nirvana

Bermygoon
01-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Only gay eskimo - Corky and the juice pigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPcYrmMNRCg

Artnes
01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Easy muthafukin E - Easy Street

Bermygoon
01-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Youtube links make it easy for me to figure out if I want to download it.

Think about me please?!

If not me then do it for the children who are our future.

mbow30
01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
http://www.blingblingshop.de/product_images/compton_cap3.jpg

Artnes
01-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Youtube links make it easy for me to figure out if I want to download it.

Think about me please?!

If not me then do it for the children who are our future.

I would but they have everything that's fun blocked at work.

No youtube,facebook, anything.

This is the only place that helps me get through the day

mbow30
01-09-2008, 09:48 AM
i just realized yesterday that facebook isn't blocked here.

Bermygoon
01-09-2008, 09:50 AM
I would but they have everything that's fun blocked at work.

No youtube,facebook, anything.

This is the only place that helps me get through the day

Crimes against humanity.

I would think no jury would convict you if you took a baseball bat to your IT department.

Fight the power!

Leafer4Life
01-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Can't Stop The Rain-Cascada

Factinista
01-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Things I Don't Remember - Ugly Casanova

Also for those of you who have stuff blocked at work, would setting up remote desktop work? You could access your home computer and browse junk from there.

Artnes
01-09-2008, 12:18 PM
how do we setup this remote desktop you speak of?

Factinista
01-09-2008, 12:26 PM
how do we setup this remote desktop you speak of?

I tried to set it up with a tech savvy friend recently and couldn't get it to work, so I'm not the best person to give advice aha. There are lots of step by step guides on the old interwebs though I do know that. Try this one on for size:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx#EQG

If you use a router, you may have to enable what is called 'port forwarding', and information on that can be found here www.portforward.com

Studin
01-09-2008, 12:35 PM
"Home" by Bobaflex

Killer93
01-09-2008, 12:36 PM
"Through The Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce

JaysCyYoung
01-09-2008, 01:24 PM
11 am - Incubus.

Bermygoon
01-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Police and thieves - the clash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpkX1Cnw8wQ&feature=related

This is live, album version is awesome

Metalleaf
01-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Mother Love Bone, not sure which song though.

Leafer4Life
01-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Long Night-LeAnn Rimes

Metalleaf
01-09-2008, 10:28 PM
My chick is making listen to Evanescence

Nothing wrong with them in small doses.

Volcanologist
01-09-2008, 10:34 PM
"Through The Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce

LOL...is that a Nintendo game?

Volcanologist
01-09-2008, 10:35 PM
My chick is making listen to Evanescence

:puke:

Volcanologist
01-09-2008, 10:35 PM
That is clearly the second most awesome smiley of all time.

Studin
01-09-2008, 10:48 PM
The Ducks Goal Horn Song

meshie
01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
capital G - nine inch nails (epworth phones mix)

<3

Artnes
01-09-2008, 10:59 PM
The Ducks Goal Horn Song

big Pennywise fan?

Studin
01-09-2008, 11:08 PM
A little, but they had just scored lol

Artnes
01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm an idiot...I should have put 2 and 2 together..lol

tuckered
01-09-2008, 11:22 PM
The Eagles - peaceful easy feeling

corksens
01-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Apolalyptica - Helden

Bermygoon
01-10-2008, 09:26 AM
The Ducks Goal Horn Song

Funny!. Let me guess you listened to that a lot last night?

Metalleaf
02-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Sulk- Radiohead

MindzEye
02-17-2008, 03:34 PM
The Reavers - Warrior

Leafovic
02-17-2008, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S_T0gAz6HY

Deemah - Look Into My Eyes

PlayerToBeNamedLater
02-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Kill the Poor - Dead Kennedys

jrsuperstar
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Wenn ein Gangster weint:::Bushido

jrsuperstar
02-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Fists of Fury::::Cockney Rejects

nicole
02-18-2008, 04:46 PM
bloodline slayer!!

nicole
02-18-2008, 05:02 PM
95 nasty wasp!!!

MindzEye
02-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Immortal Technique: The Getaway

jrsuperstar
02-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Du Bist Krank:::::Lady Bitch Ray

jrsuperstar
02-18-2008, 05:17 PM
England Belongs to Me:::::Cock Sparrer

jrsuperstar
02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles(C'mon you Irons):::::Cockney Rejects

jrsuperstar
02-18-2008, 05:35 PM
A little bit of Canadiana::::Edmonton's own Wednesday Night Heroes:::::Don't Tread on Me

Artnes
02-18-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles(C'mon you Irons):::::Cockney Rejects

West Ham fan are we?

nicole
02-19-2008, 06:05 PM
ac/dc hokey pokey

jrsuperstar
02-19-2008, 06:08 PM
ac/dc hokey pokey

How old are those guys?:smilielol5: Are there actually people that are into metal in Ottawa?

nicole
02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
60ish?

MindzEye
02-19-2008, 06:10 PM
So many headbangers....so many

Jean Grae - Please forgive me

Which has been followed by Termanology - Watch how it goes down

Artnes
02-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Motorhead - The Ace of Spades

johnunit
02-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Dream Theatre- A Change Of Seasons, actually downloaded it because of someone on here (metalleaf?) hyping them.

MindzEye
02-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Is there another hiphop head (and I don't mean that played out commercial bullshit) on this entire board? Or am I surrounded by bangers?

nicole
02-19-2008, 06:16 PM
exciter-heavy metal maniac

Artnes
02-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Just for you ME....

Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep

johnunit
02-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Is there another hiphop head (and I don't mean that played out commercial bullshit) on this entire board? Or am I surrounded by bangers?

:rockon2:

MindzEye
02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
That's a little better...."Diary of a Madman" would have been better, but 6 feet deep will do

Termanology - The Music Industry (Remix)

Artnes
02-19-2008, 06:23 PM
I have slim pickings at work when it comes to streaming songs so it had to do.

But you are right, Diary of a Madman and 1 800 Suicide would have been better choices..

reebus
02-19-2008, 06:26 PM
"She's Leaving Home" by the Beatles.

corksens
02-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Dream Theatre- A Change Of Seasons, actually downloaded it because of someone on here (metalleaf?) hyping them.A 23-minute song is way too much for my liking, but I do love dream theater.

Saw them in 2006 - they played a 50 minute encore after a 2.5 hour concert.

Factinista
02-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Gravediggaz, awesome. Love that 6 feet deep album.

MF Doom is possibly the only current rapper I care for right now. Most of the good ones from the 90's are acting in movies now it seems and the newer artists aren't doing anything particularly interesting or innovative IMO. Poor rap.

Artnes
02-19-2008, 06:29 PM
A 23-minute song is way too much for my liking, but I do love dream theater.

Saw them in 2006 - they played a 50 minute encore after a 2.5 hour concert.

I've never had the chance to see them live but I am a big Portnoy fan and would love to see his stuff live.

Of course I am more partial to Danny Carey, but Portnoy is a close second

Artnes
02-19-2008, 06:30 PM

I remember I was in grade 7 when I first got that and my mom nearly shit a brick when she heard what I was listening to.

I thought for sure I was getting beat with the broom but she didn't take it away..

PlayerToBeNamedLater
02-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Bad Brains - Leaving Babylon

MindzEye
02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
I have slim pickings at work when it comes to streaming songs so it had to do.

But you are right, Diary of a Madman and 1 800 Suicide would have been better choices..

You'd have a hard time finding anything RZA did before his Bobby Digital album that wasn't at least worth a listen occasionally.

johnunit
02-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Bad Brains - Leaving Babylon

nice to see some love for Bad Brains. One of the best hardcore punk bands ever.

MindzEye
02-19-2008, 06:38 PM

MF Doom is possibly the only current rapper I care for right now. Most of the good ones from the 90's are acting in movies now it seems and the newer artists aren't doing anything particularly interesting or innovative IMO. Poor rap.

The stuff he did with Danger Mouse (under the name Danger Doom) was tight as ****.

You need to check the underground if you're under that opinion of new HipHop. There's tons of beautiful stuff coming out all the time.

www.Undergroundhiphop.com

If you're looking for Doom's sound...well, it's pretty original and hasn't been bitten much. But there's a ton of very solid Emcee's out that will never get a second of corporate radio/tv air play.

PlayerToBeNamedLater
nice to see some love for Bad Brains. One of the best hardcore punk bands ever.

one of the most underrated too...

Factinista
I remember I was in grade 7 when I first got that and my mom nearly shit a brick when she heard what I was listening to.

I thought for sure I was getting beat with the broom but she didn't take it away..

Hah, I can see where she was coming from though. It's a pretty dark album.

MindzEye
02-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Joell Ortiz Feat. Immortal Technique - Modern Day Slavery

MindzEye
02-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Hah, I can see where she was coming from though. It's a pretty dark album.

I was 15 when it came out and I got some funny looks from my parents when they heard it for the first time

"So I chewed my ****ing arm off, and made my escape"

Factinista
02-19-2008, 06:42 PM
If you've never heard it, definitely check out Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain, which is one of his aliases. He has a few other great cds (Operation Doomsday, Madvillainy) but that one is my personal favourite.

As for the underground stuff, yeah I hear a bit of this and that, none of it really stimulates me that much. Edan's Beauty and the Beat may be the last hip hop cd that really made me excited.

MindzEye
02-19-2008, 06:51 PM
If you've never heard it, definitely check out Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain, which is one of his aliases. He has a few other great cds (Operation Doomsday, Madvillainy) but that one is my personal favourite.

As for the underground stuff, yeah I hear a bit of this and that, none of it really stimulates me that much. Edan's Beauty and the Beat may be the last hip hop cd that really made me excited.

I have pretty much everything Doom has ever done...so yeah, I've checked all the Viktor Vaughn stuff.

He did some work with Hell Razah that you might not have heard (Kweli is also on the track)
http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/audio/detail.asp?ID=10677

I haven't however checked that Edan album. I'm going to have to give it a listen and see if there is anyone I can think of as a comparable.

MindzEye
02-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Copywrite - On My Dick

nicole
02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
reign in blood-slayer

johnunit
02-19-2008, 06:56 PM
reign in blood-slayer

wow, never thought I'd see THAT written in pink.

Artnes
02-19-2008, 07:12 PM
reign in blood-slayer

born of fire would have been a better choice but that's a gooder too

nicole
02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
i consider that disc one whole song

Hoss
02-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Adele: Daydreamer...

Very cool voice,

Metalleaf
02-19-2008, 11:47 PM
wow, never thought I'd see THAT written in pink.

nicole's like that rabbit from the Holy Grail movie....don't underestimate the bunny...:beatnik:

Psychotic Break- Jerry Cantrell

LeafNation
02-20-2008, 01:22 PM
I have to go for a good long drive today.. Thanks for bringin up Jerry Cantrell, it reminded me to bring some of his stuff.

Boondock Saint
02-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Unstable by Chaotica and before that was The Underdog by Spoon.

If you haven't heard these songs yet in Canada, I suggest you youtube them and give them a listen. GREAT TUNES!

Artnes
02-20-2008, 01:55 PM
I have to go for a good long drive today.. Thanks for bringin up Jerry Cantrell, it reminded me to bring some of his stuff.

My all time favorite driving song is Deftones - Passenger

What are some of your guys favs?

zeke
02-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Rez

Underworld

zeke
02-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Debaser

The Pixies

mbow30
02-20-2008, 05:43 PM
hoochie coochie man - muddy watters

zeke
02-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Closer

Lemon Jelly

tuckered
02-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Debaser

The Pixies

One of my favorite songs, good choice.

Since its cold as all hell:

Janis Joplin - Summertime

zeke
02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
any of you guys use launchcast?

IMO, it's the best way to learn about new music in genres that you like. I love it.

Alfamale
02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
i used to use launchcast, but somebody 5 starred a justin timberlake song, and that was the beginning of the end..

i might have to re-sign up for that.

johnunit
02-20-2008, 05:55 PM
is Launchcast the Yahoo system? I got locked out of that somehow 2 years ago and haven't gotten back in yet.

zeke
02-20-2008, 05:58 PM
yeah, the yahoo one.

I'm constantly impressed by the extensiveness of their library of music, and how well the ratings influence the new choices they give you.

I'm always finding out great new music through there.

tuckered
02-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I get launchcast plus with my Rogers, or I used to at least...I haven't in awhile but I used to enjoy using it to find out new tunes

johnunit
02-20-2008, 11:31 PM
I get launchcast plus with my Rogers, or I used to at least...I haven't in awhile but I used to enjoy using it to find out new tunes

I think that's what they did to me, cheap bastards took it out of the package with high speed internet. It was/is a great setup.

mbow30
02-20-2008, 11:58 PM
satisfied mind - ben harper and the blind boys

PlayerToBeNamedLater
02-21-2008, 10:34 AM
dropkick murphy's - do or die

Artnes
02-21-2008, 12:45 PM
LET'S GO MURPHYS

Blood and Whiskey is an awesome tune as well

zeke
02-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Down Chorus

Boards of Canada

Factinista
02-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Down Chorus

Boards of Canada

Dude I love BoC. Don't think I have this song though.

zeke
02-21-2008, 01:33 PM
and they're not even canadian!

Do You Realize?

The Flaming Lips

to bad they sold this to that commercial. great tune.

Factinista
02-21-2008, 01:36 PM
and they're not even canadian!

Do You Realize?

The Flaming Lips

to bad they sold this to that commercial. great tune.

Ever heard the soft bulletin? One of my favourite cd's ever.

Artnes
02-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Tool - The Grudge

zeke
02-21-2008, 01:45 PM
yeah, they have a ton of great stuff.....unfortunately, they have a bunch of annoying stuff which ends up stopping me from listening to them as much as I should.

I've never actually sat down and listented to soft bulletin start to finish....which I hear I really should.

JaysCyYoung
02-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Tool - The Grudge

Great song. I never used to like Tool but then they came out with the 10,000 days album and I can safely say that I am at least a casual listener of them now.

zeke
02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Angel - Massive Attack

I Hear - Smashing Pumpkins

Artnes
02-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Great song. I never used to like Tool but then they came out with the 10,000 days album and I can safely say that I am at least a casual listener of them now.

The song is awesome but to be honest I mostly listen to it for the drumming.

I swear Carey has a third arm sometimes.

I found I was always a fan but the day I got to see them live that's when it started to turn into being a huge fan.

You don't relaize how talented they are until you see them live

PlayerToBeNamedLater
02-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Not to get LN going, but I never understood the fascination with Tool. Never got into them.

Artnes
02-21-2008, 02:20 PM
I knew as soon as I posted that song LN would chime in.

I think the fascination with Tool stems from them thinking outisde the box when it comes to music and lyrics.

There are not alot of bands, esp mainstream, that have that sound, and the lyrics can be deciphered in so many ways.

There are countless websites dedicated to breaking down every single song they have released.

I guess from a musicans stand point, and LN could relate to this as well, that their music has a very complex sound yet at the same time is relativley playable, even for the amatuer musican. Except for Carey's of course, which is mind blowing in itself

reebus
02-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Not to offend the ardent Tool fanbase here.... But I often hear their fans proclaiming their music as profound because of things like their time signatures following mathematical
equations and because of other myth-making writing about them. Those things are cool, but that's far from what makes music great.

I think they're a good band, and Maynard has a really interesting voice though, to clarify. But I don't hear much more than a good prog-metal band when I listen to them.

reebus
02-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Other long-shot question: my band's drummer recently had a "gardening accident". Anybody drum here or know of any drummers?

Artnes
02-21-2008, 02:23 PM
I do but I don't think I'll be of much help to you, unless you are willing to fly me in for shows :p

zeke
02-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Other long-shot question: my band's drummer recently had a "gardening accident". Anybody drum here or know of any drummers?

yeah, my bro might be available. where are you?

reebus
02-21-2008, 02:26 PM
U of T area.

zeke
02-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Well, my bro just came back from London (england) a few months ago - the band there didn't work out - and I'm sure he's looking for a gig.

what do you guys play?

reebus
02-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Hey zeke, I just PM'ed you about it.

zeke
02-21-2008, 02:43 PM
got you back.

zeke
02-21-2008, 03:21 PM
My Weakness - Moby

mbow30
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
moby?

jrsuperstar
02-21-2008, 03:45 PM
New Wave-----Against Me.

jrsuperstar
02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Mama ist Stolz-----Sido

jrsuperstar
02-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Ich bin' ne Bitch:::::Lady Bitch Ray

jrsuperstar
02-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Reich mir nicht deine Hand::::Bushido

Artnes
02-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Alot of people put Pantera and Slayer for example, into hard and heavy, in actual fact the riffs and drums are really no harder then some punk and even alternative band

zeke
02-21-2008, 04:38 PM
moby?

moby: Play is one of the best albums ever made.

ever.

and yes, he's a bald little vegan gayboy, but damn, that is a good album.

da_next_kid
02-21-2008, 04:41 PM
How I know Moby,

And Moby? You can get stomped by Obie
You thirty-six year old baldheaded fag, blow me
You don't know me, you're too old, let go
It's over, nobody listens to techno, so let's go.

zeke
02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
poor eminem.

his 15 minutes = up

zeke
02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Off The Wall - Michael Jackson

Metalleaf
02-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Stay Away- Nirvana

Artnes
02-21-2008, 05:37 PM
tool - hooker with a penis

da_next_kid
02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
15 minutes? I think Eminem had a good reign of 5 or 6 years where he put out some nice songs. Heck, I even listened to Encore, which was pretty bad but had 1 or 2 nice tunes.

zeke
02-21-2008, 05:43 PM
the funny thing about eminem is that I bet you most bad black gangstas couldn't tell him and moby apart if they saw them on the street.

zeke
02-21-2008, 05:43 PM
A Continuous Mix - Depeche Mode

Artnes
02-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Haha...nice Zeke

I think since he is associated with one of the mos famous names in hiphop(Dre) he is more recognizable then you think, even in the "bad black gangsta" community

zeke
02-21-2008, 05:50 PM
yeah, I actually like eminem's music - the guy was awesome.

he's still a punk bitch, though, and his career is dead.

Artnes
02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
The "eminem" persona could only last so long, and everyone knew it, including himself.

But I do give him credit for cashing in when he did because he was hip hop during his high point, and also for bowing out when it was time.

Metalleaf
02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Wicked Garden- Stone Temple Pilots

Artnes
02-21-2008, 06:02 PM
I have the exact same song on now...weird :shocked:

Are you listening to www.pandora.com by any chance?

Metalleaf
02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
No...I have it on my iPod. Now its the Last Fight - Velvet Revolver.

Alfamale
02-21-2008, 06:46 PM
accidents - alexisonfire

this song pumps.

zeke
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Don't Explain - John Coltrane

Leafovic
02-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Moby is too gay..even for me.

zeke
02-21-2008, 07:25 PM
if you want gay, I'll show you gay.

now playing, my all time favorite guilty cheesy pleasure:

The Flame - Cheap Trick

great song for cuddling and listening.

Leafovic
02-21-2008, 07:33 PM
if you want gay, I'll show you gay.

now playing, my all time favorite guilty cheesy pleasure:

The Flame - Cheap Trick

great song for cuddling and listening.

lol you crack me up, zeke.

:laughing

Alfamale
02-21-2008, 07:36 PM
he'd like to crack you in half.

zeke
02-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Geek USA - Smashing Pumpkins

**** I love this album.

axlsalinger
02-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Babyshambles - Carry On Up The Morning.

After all the ridiculous tabloid stories, it turns out Pete Doherty has some talent after all. The whole album's pretty good.

As for Eminem, he's an excellent rapper with lots of good songs. And he's got a new album coming out, which I suspect will be huge. He hasn't gone anywhere.

Cheap Trick is such a great band. And even though they whored themselves out on that album, 'The Flame' is a guilty pleasure of mine as well.

Alfamale
02-21-2008, 08:07 PM
geek usa rules. i believe it has the record for most drum beat changes in a song..

reebus
02-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Geek USA - Smashing Pumpkins

**** I love this album.

Best guitar album of the 90's?

Siamese Dream > Mellon Collie

And Eminem's pretty awesome too. One of the more enduring acts of the past 10 years certainly.

reebus
02-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Radiohead - All I Need

Factinista
02-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Modest Mouse - Heart Cooks Brain

Artnes
02-21-2008, 09:11 PM
As for Eminem, he's an excellent rapper with lots of good songs. And he's got a new album coming out, which I suspect will be huge. He hasn't gone anywhere.

There is no denying that he's an excellent rapper, but if he's going to come out with something new that will really appeal to people, he needs to go back to his angry, pissed at the world persona, instead of the goofy Eminem.

I thought the Marshall Mathers LP was his best work by far. It really helped him connect with a lot of people.

jrsuperstar
02-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Wow, I'll add my two cents worth:

Best rapper by far Kool Savas or Bushido
Best new band: Glasvegas
Best recent northern soul compilation: The Northern Soul Story Vol 1-4, my personal fave is volume 2: The Golden Torch
Best recent reggae compilation: Scratchy Sounds: Ska, Dub, Roots and Reggae Nuggets
Best recent Oi album: Wednesday Night Heroes:::Guilty Pleasures
Which 6 songs are getting a lot of airplay on my ipod:

Kool Savas:::::Der Beweis
Burial:::::Ghost Hardware
Cock Sparrer::::England Belonds to Me
Cockney Rejects:::Oi Oi Oi
Badfinger:::::Baby Blue
Lady Bitch Ray::::Du Bist Krank

MindzEye
02-21-2008, 11:16 PM
Best rapper by far Kool Savas or Bushido

I'm all for the international hiphop movement and all...but seriously, c'mon. You atleast have to preface that with "best German rapper".

I listened to both cats a little bit before making my call on them, and they sound like they have nice flows (though the lyrical content is obviously unknown to me), and the production is alright (though a step behind most of the top end underground stuff available on this side of the pond)...and they might be the two best German emcees out there, but there are American cats (And a few Canadians) that would slice and dice them.

reebus
02-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Neutral Milk Hotel - Ghost

This album floors me every time.

mbow30
02-21-2008, 11:23 PM
use me - bill whithers

(who is, imo hands down, the most underrated artist of the 70s).

esdoorn
02-21-2008, 11:24 PM
just got in from seeing the tragically hip play a 2 1/2 hour show in a 700 seat venue here in little ole' Brockville......was a heck of a show!

Encore was:

Locked in the Trunk of a Car
Wheat Kings
Little Bones

Tis the show of the century in this sleepy little town!