PDA

View Full Version : OT: Movies/TV Shows

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-12-2013, 10:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ztG3he9cEh0

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-12-2013, 10:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

Montana
06-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Watched Soderbergh's "Behind the Candalabra" the other night.....Douglas was pretty entertaining as Liberace, but Matt Damon gave a performance worthy of a best actor award. His character transformation over the course of the film is real impressive and he did one of the better displays of a cokehead on screen that I can recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rErxed2FKls

blkngldbabe
06-12-2013, 10:47 PM
I bet you did! :drool5:

I'm sure not nearly as much as you, princess.

zeke
06-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Man of Steel and This is the End actually look legitimately good.

I'm actually allowing myself to watch them with heightened expecations.

MindzEye
06-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Man of Steel looks fap worthy...

MyNameIsJonas
06-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Man of Steel and This is the End actually look legitimately good.

I'm actually allowing myself to watch them with heightened expecations.

This is the End met my very lofty expectations.

JaysCyYoung
06-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Man of Steel looks good enough to trump the fact that Superman is a hilariously awful superhero. Henry Cavill is apparently awesome.

JackBurton
06-13-2013, 09:39 AM
Superman is the worst

worm
06-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Superman is the worst

agreed

if this movie is good it will be a first for superman

PlayerToBeNamedLater
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
I can't get into superhero movies period. Went to see Iron Man because a few buddies wanted to see it, and I was so bored halfway through.

I'll take a good indy drama or comedy any day.

Metalleaf
06-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Superman is weak because his main weaknesses are kryptonite and magic.

JackBurton
06-13-2013, 03:09 PM
Superman is just a very silly superhero and he is too powerful.

I too find myself bored with superhero films, aside from Nolan's Batman films.

zeke
06-13-2013, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-CIoVLX7YM&feature=share

Bleedsblue&white
06-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Man of Steel looks good enough to trump the fact that Superman is a hilariously awful superhero. Henry Cavill is apparently awesome.

Yep, I can barely watch a premise that involves completely fooling everybody with your eyeglass-disguise kit. I watched the old black and white Superman, watched the movies, but it is beyond stupid.
Supes is just another Christ allegory. Except when he's wearing glasses of course.

JackBurton
06-13-2013, 06:52 PM
I think 75 years ago, the Superman idea was fine. But in 2013', the entire story of his powers and where he's from, and the glasses as a disguise doesn't work.

zeke
06-13-2013, 06:54 PM
it's funny, because I get treated totally differently when I wear my glasses.

JackBurton
06-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Make a ****ing Superman movie without the origins story. Enough of the overdone story.

TheCountofMonteCristo
06-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Yep, I can barely watch a premise that involves completely fooling everybody with your eyeglass-disguise kit. I watched the old black and white Superman, watched the movies, but it is beyond stupid.
Supes is just another Christ allegory. Except when he's wearing glasses of course.

Of course the premise is stupid but movies are supposed to allow you to suspend reality for a couple of hours. Sure, a nice documentary, fact based movie is good to watch, but sometimes you just need something mindless, super hero movies do that.

As for silly movies coming out soon, I am looking forward to Planes which is basically Cars but in the sky. The joy of having a young child is that you can see those movies and not feel badly about it.

SundinsTooth
06-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Nice homage to Dragon's Lair in that trailer.

johnunit
06-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Personally I always saw the disguise as almost metaphorical. Having it just be glasses and maybe a hairdo is more so you can still relate to the character and see that they're the same 'inside.' He's got the power to reverse the earth's rotation, clearly the actual disguise is somehow better than hipster glasses and khakis. This is also why clearly suave and muscular looking Clark Kent's are often treated as 98 pound nerds. That's my interpretation though.

Bleedsblue&white
06-13-2013, 09:42 PM
Well Count, I like a little bit of reality in my non-reality. Not a lot...I'm not going to pick apart great shows like Star Trek, not going to rip Star Wars,I don't need to notice the hole in the Laws of Physics, but...wearing eyeglasses is enough to fool Lois Lane, the chick who's supposed to be in love with you?
Really?

That's too much for me.
Going to be a great movie though, that's what I hear.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Well in this movie, I don't think Lois is going to be that dumb. Seems from the clips she actually is tracking down Superman's origins on earth. All the way to winding up on Mrs. Kent's doorstep to ask her a few questions.

LeafGm
06-13-2013, 09:49 PM
If you don't like the character, then you don't like the character, but personally I'm excited about the new Superman movie. And while the superhero origin movies are getting a bit overdone, they didn't really have a choice here---the last movie, where they tried to not only emulate but continue on the awful Christopher Reeve Superman movies, was flat out terrible. This franchise badly needed to be rebooted and purged of any residual 1970's campiness.

Bleedsblue&white
06-13-2013, 09:50 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the movie, you just can't deny the ridiculous past lol. That's one of the reasons I love Mystery Men so much.

LeafOfFaith
06-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Based on a preview I saw, it looks like the origin ties directly into the plot, as the villain seems to be in one scene facing off with Jor-El on Krypton.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-13-2013, 10:08 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about the movie, you just can't deny the ridiculous past lol. That's one of the reasons I love Mystery Men so much.

Oh I know. :smilewinkgrin:

I just accept it and move on. It is not a deal breaker for me even though it is rather silly.

GGpX
06-13-2013, 11:39 PM
never watched 24

but the last maybe 5 of the first season and the first 5 of the next are great

it is no breaking bad or game of thrones but it is pretty good

Man, season 1 was disappointing from start to end.

(Spoiler for anyone planning on watching the series)

The last episode sums up the season perfectly: Almost nothing actually happens.

The highlight of the series was mid-way through ep 3 when the daughter BLASTED her mom in the drive-through for sleeping with the other marine dude. That was one of those "Whooooaaaaa" moments.

Montana
06-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Season 1 of Homeland was fantastic...

theREALkoreaboy
06-14-2013, 10:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-CIoVLX7YM&feature=share

i ectoplasmed.

elves>>>

looks like theyre bumping up their role in the movie vs. the books.

worm
06-14-2013, 12:09 PM
it's funny, because I get treated totally differently when I wear my glasses.

it helps that your shirt is also on

worm
06-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Man, season 1 was disappointing from start to end.

(Spoiler for anyone planning on watching the series)

The last episode sums up the season perfectly: Almost nothing actually happens.

The highlight of the series was mid-way through ep 3 when the daughter BLASTED her mom in the drive-through for sleeping with the other marine dude. That was one of those "Whooooaaaaa" moments.

It is a drama not an action show.

You might not like GoT either.

BURG
06-14-2013, 10:00 PM
This Is The End was pretty awesome

+1

Saw it Tuesday night. It was pretty funny. Danny McBride is such an *******. :lol

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-15-2013, 01:13 AM
Just got back from seeing the Man of Steel.

EXCELLENT!

JaysCyYoung
06-15-2013, 01:43 AM
Likewise. Cavill was awesome in the title role and embraced Clark Kent, while Shannon OWNED the General Zod character. Brilliant action sequences, if not a little overdrawn at times, and brilliant job at telling the origin story properly. Thought Crowe and Costner were very convincing as Clark's fathers and Amy Adams was cute as ever.

FINALLY A GOOD SUPERMAN FILM. Really enjoyed it.

Hoss
06-15-2013, 09:32 AM
My son and I have time today but the only showing that we can make is for the 3d version. He's only 5so he isn't too big a fan of 3d but did any of you see it I. 3d and is it worth it

JaysCyYoung
06-15-2013, 10:48 AM
3D is almost never worth the headaches and extra money involved.

Montana
06-15-2013, 03:47 PM
Anyone else been checking out 'Norm MacDonald Live' on YouTube?......goddamn it's great.

Might be the only show that I anxiously await new episodes of every week. Norm's the f*cking best.

theREALkoreaboy
06-15-2013, 04:14 PM
And he's from Ottawa. Where all good things come from.

theREALkoreaboy
06-15-2013, 04:17 PM
.....and he's also fairly right wing for a performer.

Montana
06-15-2013, 04:20 PM
He's also asexual.

JackBurton
06-15-2013, 08:51 PM
I was a person who defended the first Fast and Furious film years ago, but I'm not getting the love the franchise is getting now. Justin Lin is a great director of action scenes, but it's just so silly and at times takes itself so seriously, it's hard to enjoy the movie.

JaysCyYoung
06-15-2013, 08:53 PM
I was a person who defended the first Fast and Furious film years ago, but I'm not getting the love the franchise is getting now. Justin Lin is a great director of action scenes, but it's just so silly and at times takes itself so seriously, it's hard to enjoy the movie.

Really?

I didn't get the impression that Lin's films have taken themselves too seriously at all. The last two films have been very fun to watch and have really revitalized the franchise.

They've done a good job at making you invest yourself in the characters because of the cast's continuity from each film as well. It gives the audience a greater emotional stake while watching.

Montana
06-15-2013, 09:03 PM
I love the idea of people having an "emotional stake" in the Fast & Furious franchise.

JaysCyYoung
06-15-2013, 09:06 PM
They're popcorn films, but after six films you don't think it enhances the experience to at least care about the main characters?

Montana
06-15-2013, 09:33 PM
It enhances my experience knowing there are adults who have an "emotional stake" in them.

that's more entertaining to me, than the films ever could be.

JaysCyYoung
06-15-2013, 09:37 PM
:thumbsup(22):

SundinsTooth
06-15-2013, 09:37 PM
It enhances my experience knowing there are adults who have an "emotional stake" in them.

that's more entertaining to me, than the films ever could be.

This is great.

JackBurton
06-15-2013, 10:38 PM
There isn't much to the F&F characters. The dialoghue is a little sappy and heavy for a film that's supposed to be fun.

BTW, was Brian going to the L.A prison the dumbest and most unecessarry idea ever in part 6? And that runway extended to Australia I think at the end of the movie.

JaysCyYoung
06-15-2013, 10:56 PM
There isn't much to the F&F characters. The dialoghue is a little sappy and heavy for a film that's supposed to be fun.

BTW, was Brian going to the L.A prison the dumbest and most unecessarry idea ever in part 6? And that runway extended to Australia I think at the end of the movie.

:lol

I remarked to my buddies that the runway must have been 60 miles long given how long that scene took to unfold. I think the action sequences were choreographed much better in the fifth one.

Agreed with you on the lack of necessity for that prison sequence. Didn't see much point in that and it didn't really further the plot at all.

That post-credits scene in Tokyo that connected the third movie to the sixth and (upcoming) seventh with Jason Statham was so bad it was good. Can't wait for the mind junk food that will be the next installment.

Statham is going to be so badass.

Montana
06-15-2013, 10:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pod7kph.jpg

JackBurton
06-15-2013, 10:59 PM
I didn't know it was from the third film until I read it. I've seen all the films but forget some of the plot points.

The only guy they've ignored from the franchise is Lucas Black from part 3.

JaysCyYoung
06-15-2013, 11:01 PM
That is fantastic, Montana. Absolutely fantastic.

I mean, you can't take action films seriously for the most part to begin with, but wow.

JackBurton
06-15-2013, 11:02 PM
It's funny that Diesel/Walker would be in DTV crap or waiters if not for that franchise.

JackBurton
06-15-2013, 11:03 PM
That is fantastic, Montana. Absolutely fantastic.

I mean, you can't take action films seriously for the most part to begin with, but wow.

You can't take them seriously, but I think the average person is taken away from that scene thinking how ridiculously long that runway is.

JaysCyYoung
06-15-2013, 11:03 PM
I didn't know it was from the third film until I read it. I've seen all the films but forget some of the plot points.

The only guy they've ignored from the franchise is Lucas Black from part 3.

I'm pretty sure the series goes 1,2,4,5,6,3 in terms of the timeline chronology. The fans and producers liked the actor that portrayed Han so much they inserted him into more of the films and pushed 3's time frame back to account for his death at the end of that film.

JackBurton
06-15-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the series goes 1,2,4,5,6,3 in terms of the timeline chronology.

Yeah. It's rather confusing.

JackBurton
06-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Anyone else been checking out 'Norm MacDonald Live' on YouTube?......goddamn it's great.

Might be the only show that I anxiously await new episodes of every week. Norm's the f*cking best.

Norm is one of the funniest people on the planet. I love watching him.

JackBurton
06-15-2013, 11:09 PM
I don't get HBO, but I downloaded "Behind the Candelabra" about Liberace's life. Too bad they couldn't get a distributor for it to release it in N.American theaters. Michael Douglas would be the frontrunner for the Oscar. And kudos to Matt Damon, he's a big star, and did not have to do that kind of role. He's great as well.

I knew a little about him, but he died when I was very young. What an insane story it is. The performances are better than the film itself, but worth checking out. What a train wreck Liberace was.

Montana
06-15-2013, 11:26 PM
I don't get HBO, but I downloaded "Behind the Candelabra" about Liberace's life. Too bad they couldn't get a distributor for it to release it in N.American theaters. Michael Douglas would be the frontrunner for the Oscar. And kudos to Matt Damon, he's a big star, and did not have to do that kind of role. He's great as well.

I knew a little about him, but he died when I was very young. What an insane story it is. The performances are better than the film itself, but worth checking out. What a train wreck Liberace was.

Agreed that the performances outshine the movie itself, but not unlike "The Informant!" Soderbergh did a great job of balancing bio-pic and comedy.....made for a real entertaining flick.

I legitimately think an argument could be made that it was Damon's best performance to date.....

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Likewise. Cavill was awesome in the title role and embraced Clark Kent, while Shannon OWNED the General Zod character. Brilliant action sequences, if not a little overdrawn at times, and brilliant job at telling the origin story properly. Thought Crowe and Costner were very convincing as Clark's fathers and Amy Adams was cute as ever.

FINALLY A GOOD SUPERMAN FILM. Really enjoyed it.

+1

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-16-2013, 02:03 AM
Agreed that the performances outshine the movie itself, but not unlike "The Informant!" Soderbergh did a great job of balancing bio-pic and comedy.....made for a real entertaining flick.

I legitimately think an argument could be made that it was Damon's best performance to date.....

+1

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-16-2013, 02:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp3wAyRf15c

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-16-2013, 02:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dioRwB4RvrQ

Apparently Liberace denied he was gay until the end. He would sue any person or media outlet who even mentioned him as being gay. He even did an Oprah interview months before he died where he spoke about his first time with a women when he was 15.

But how the **** couldn't the public just laugh at his claims. Have you seen him?

If you can get through this clip, how could you walk away feeling this guy is a ladies man and not laugh. It is clear he was gay. Flamming.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-16-2013, 02:20 AM

Apparently Liberace denied he was gay until the end. He would sue any person or media outlet who even mentioned him as being gay. He even did an Oprah interview months before he died where he spoke about his first time with a women when he was 15.

But how the **** couldn't the public just laugh at his claims. Have you seen him?

If you can get through this clip, how could you walk away feeling this guy is a ladies man and not laugh. It is clear he was gay. Flamming.

He was talented no doubt. He knew how to put on a show and how to promote himself. But it seems rather silly he denied what he was when it was so obvious.

Metalleaf
06-16-2013, 02:33 AM
I'm pretty sure the series goes 1,2,4,5,6,3 in terms of the timeline chronology. The fans and producers liked the actor that portrayed Han so much they inserted him into more of the films and pushed 3's time frame back to account for his death at the end of that film.

I think 7 will be the finale. I like the series, but the films need to use Jordana Brewster more.

Metalleaf
06-16-2013, 02:35 AM
I saw Man of Steel, was disappointed General Zodd didn't once proclaim that people should "Kneel before Zodd!"

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-16-2013, 03:47 AM
I saw Man of Steel, was disappointed General Zodd didn't once proclaim that people should "Kneel before Zodd!"

I was hoping for that at the very end as well. I really was. would have been a big gift to the long time fans. but that is fine. Michael Shannon knocked general zod out of the park. he made it his own. and even expanded the zod character to new heights.

JackBurton
06-16-2013, 04:56 PM

He was talented no doubt. He knew how to put on a show and how to promote himself. But it seems rather silly he denied what he was when it was so obvious.

There is lines at the beginning of the film by Damon/Bakula about how people could watch such a gay show and enjoy it and Bakula says they don't know it's gay.

In those days, we weren't exposed to flaming homosexuals and the lifestyle like we are today. Everybody hid their homosexuality. No entertainer today could get away with that. People would laugh in his face talking about how horny he is for women while acting like that.

JackBurton
06-16-2013, 04:59 PM
I think 7 will be the finale. I like the series, but the films need to use Jordana Brewster more.

Big mistake with part 7, they're rushing it into production so it can be released next summer, and Justin Lin didn't like that. He's walked away from it and they've replsaced him with James Wan, who made the Saw films and Insidious. He's never done a big budget action film. There's no way he can pull off what Lin does with the action scenes.

Metalleaf
06-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I expect 7 to be one of the weakest films in the series.

Habspatrol
06-16-2013, 10:37 PM
Went to see This Is The End. It was pretty much what I expected... a good R rated comedy with some ridiculous shit and some hilarious scenes. As far as comedies go I'd give it an 8/10.

Deckie007
06-16-2013, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-RSDaRttpzk

SundinsTooth
06-16-2013, 11:12 PM
District 9 is one of the handful of movies that caught me off guard in the last few years.

zeke
06-16-2013, 11:57 PM
I love the idea of people having an "emotional stake" in the Fast & Furious franchise.

yup, pretty awesome.

still my favorite was the in-depth filmic analysis of The Mummy franchise, though.

johnunit
06-17-2013, 12:00 AM

To be fair, that's pretty much exactly my house, wardrobe, and entrance if I was massively wealthy.

number17
06-17-2013, 09:21 AM
A little late joining the party .... but I just finished watched the season finale of Game of Thrones season 3.

Am I the only one here that thinks GoT might just be the best TV series, ever? Another epic, epic season. I never read the book but ...

(spoiler below)

.... the Red Wedding actually left me in complete awe for a couple days. I could not believe that just happened.

emo
06-17-2013, 10:04 AM
I saw This Is The End last night. I don't know how it got 4 stars. It was not a great movie. It was a little better than Pineapple Express (which was garbage), but that's not saying much.

blkngldbabe
06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
A little late joining the party .... but I just finished watched the season finale of Game of Thrones season 3.

Am I the only one here that thinks GoT might just be the best TV series, ever? Another epic, epic season. I never read the book but ...

(spoiler below)

.... the Red Wedding actually left me in complete awe for a couple days. I could not believe that just happened.

Without giving away spoilers, they did split book three into two seasons to better cover it. There are plenty more twists and shockers coming next season. And yes, an epic EPIC series.

Habspatrol
06-17-2013, 10:23 AM
I saw This Is The End last night. I don't know how it got 4 stars. It was not a great movie. It was a little better than Pineapple Express (which was garbage), but that's not saying much.

Well it seems that you don't enjoy Seth Rogan's sense of humour. You're probably better off saving your money than watching his movies. No matter what the reviews say about his movies you are not likely to enjoy them.

emo
06-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Well it seems that you don't enjoy Seth Rogan's sense of humour. You're probably better off saving your money than watching his movies. No matter what the reviews say about his movies you are not likely to enjoy them.

I like a bunch of the movies he's been in. Perhaps the ones where he has a bigger say in the creation are not my thing.

zeke
06-17-2013, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iszwuX1AK6A

Habspatrol
06-17-2013, 07:37 PM
I like a bunch of the movies he's been in. Perhaps the ones where he has a bigger say in the creation are not my thing.

Yeah I think the ones he's had the biggest say in are the ones he wrote like Superbad, Pineapple Express and This is the End.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Leo and Marty together for a 5th time, sweet!

DeNiro and Marty have a movie coming out later in the year.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-17-2013, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcVkavITnAI

JaysCyYoung
06-17-2013, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iszwuX1AK6A

Can't decide if that looks atrocious or incredible.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-17-2013, 09:21 PM
yeah I agree JCY but I think that is just a trashy trailer.

Montana
06-17-2013, 09:34 PM
I want Catherine Zeta-Jones to give me throat cancer.

MyNameIsJonas
06-17-2013, 10:20 PM
looks like Wall Street meets Blow meets American Psycho

zeke
06-17-2013, 10:29 PM
The book is really damn good, and is a true story.

that trailer doesn't look great, though.

JaysCyYoung
06-17-2013, 10:32 PM
looks like Wall Street meets Blow meets American Psycho

Meets Boiler Room.

Metalleaf
06-18-2013, 01:29 AM
Just saw this one for the first time in a long time...

http://assets.flicks.co.nz/images/movies/landscape/d1/d1359f9934ee5a75ed441ffce412a0a1_567x210.jpg

Alfamale
06-18-2013, 09:36 AM
The book is really damn good, and is a true story.

that trailer doesn't look great, though.it was a fun book, forsure.

Leafyblue
06-18-2013, 09:50 AM
I watched this last night...pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r36OT6TsHOw

Montana
06-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Just saw this one for the first time in a long time...

http://assets.flicks.co.nz/images/movies/landscape/d1/d1359f9934ee5a75ed441ffce412a0a1_567x210.jpg

I used to watch that with my pops all the time as a kid......f*cking love that movie.

zeke
06-18-2013, 12:13 PM
I watched this last night...pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r36OT6TsHOw

I can watch Liev Schreiber in anything. That guy is awesome.

JaysCyYoung
06-18-2013, 12:32 PM
There's something about him I really don't like or that rubs me the wrong way. I can't explain it, but I've never really liked in him anything besides Goon.

For example, I thought his roles in Defiance and The Hurricane felt awkward and forced. Maybe I just don't like the guy though for whatever reason, but I've never found him to be a good actor.

MyNameIsJonas
06-18-2013, 12:37 PM
I can watch Liev Schreiber in anything. That guy is awesome.

Yeah i'll give this a go later.

MyNameIsJonas
06-18-2013, 12:38 PM
There's something about him I really don't like or that rubs me the wrong way. I can't explain it, but I've never really liked in him anything besides Goon.

For example, I thought his roles in Defiance and The Hurricane felt awkward and forced. Maybe I just don't like the guy though for whatever reason, but I've never found him to be a good actor.

He was literally like the 5th male lead in the Hurricane...what did he say or do to form an impression either way?

JaysCyYoung
06-18-2013, 12:41 PM
He was literally like the 5th male lead in the Hurricane...what did he say or do to form an impression either way?

If by fifth you mean third (only Carter and Esra had more important roles), sure. I just don't like the guy though. His acting style just doesn't appeal to me.

zeke
06-18-2013, 12:41 PM

It's because you prefer your men with waxed hairless chests.

MyNameIsJonas
06-18-2013, 12:42 PM
If by fifth you mean third (only Carter and Esra had more important roles), sure. I just don't like the guy though. His acting style just doesn't appeal to me.

John Hannah..

Ad he's closer to David Paymer, Harris Yulin, and Clancey Brown than you think.

Did you not find him beleivable when they crashed the car in the tunnel?....or when he solved the taillight conundrum?

JaysCyYoung
06-18-2013, 12:42 PM
It's because you prefer your men with waxed hairless chests.

Nah.

Henry Cavill FTW:

http://www.ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/101411-man-of-steel-fishing.jpg

Montana
06-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Liev Schreiber narration on HBO's 24/7 boxing doc's is one of my favorite things in life.....

zeke
06-18-2013, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyAxE2vS318

MyNameIsJonas
06-18-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure what to make of Ray Donovan.....Not sure I can hurdle the Jon Voight factor

zeke
06-18-2013, 02:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZeTDP4ygKs

elizabeth shue sideboob bonus.

zeke
06-18-2013, 02:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn7kaOQvEfM

zeke
06-18-2013, 03:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOmE9GmUH9U

theREALkoreaboy
06-18-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZeTDP4ygKs

elizabeth shue sideboob bonus.

always thought she was as cute as a button. terrible, terrible, terrible actress though. most inappropriate smiler to ever be on screen. guy gets horribly killed in front of her? she's smiling. her dog gets run over by a car? she's smiling. she gets dumped? she's smiling. she's on the verge of tears? she's smiling. always found that very strange.

zeke
06-18-2013, 03:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejBkrXoSANk

zeke
06-18-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d4CCg4dYe0A

zeke
06-18-2013, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnYDrs2ykcI

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Elizabeth Shue:

I've wanted to bang her since the Karate Kid. She's aged well.

theREALkoreaboy
06-18-2013, 03:37 PM
yeah, she still looks ok on CSI. still a completely inappropriate smiler though.

corpse in a pool of blood on the floor in front of her? she's smiling.

Montana
06-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Adventures in Babysitting >

theREALkoreaboy
06-18-2013, 03:52 PM
her brother might be an even worse actor.

zeke
06-18-2013, 03:53 PM
name the movie:

http://www.imcdb.org/i002669.jpg

JaysCyYoung
06-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Back to the Future?

Is that Marty's car that the subservient Biff works on?

MyNameIsJonas
06-18-2013, 03:56 PM
name the movie:

http://www.imcdb.org/i002669.jpg

why am I thinking Tango and Cash?

Bleedsblue&white
06-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Chuck Norris

Montana
06-18-2013, 03:58 PM
why am I thinking Tango and Cash?

http://www.chud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/TangoAndCashTruck.jpg

zeke
06-18-2013, 04:01 PM
correct, that is marty's pickup at the end of back to the future. we all wanted that shitty toyota when we were kids.

Name the Movie:

http://pics.imcdb.org/0is99/robocop6000suxfront5pf.7245.jpg

Montana
06-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Robocop.

BURG
06-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Robo Cop.

Edit: yeah, what Montana said. :lol

MyNameIsJonas
06-18-2013, 04:20 PM
http://www.chud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/TangoAndCashTruck.jpg

ah yes...

zeke
06-18-2013, 04:25 PM
correct, the 600sux from robocop.

Name the movie:

http://designfiles.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/DemolitionMan.png

Montana
06-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Demolition Man, for sure...San Angeles Police Department.

zeke
06-18-2013, 04:29 PM
nice.

name the movie:

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/image-files/christine-rust-bucket.jpg

Montana
06-18-2013, 04:36 PM
stumped.

zeke
06-18-2013, 04:37 PM
hmm.

from the same movie:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqmkARiS1_zgd5WFPHM6dNh5rVT7EMv Y6g9LMDxsyEgbl6Z1OelcOeI_vi

zeke
06-18-2013, 04:47 PM
hmm.

one more from the same movie:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2-2L_F-PLK8/T6aFpg45i7I/AAAAAAAABZI/PFhdRUMNQ6o/s1600/Christine09.jpg

Bleedsblue&white
06-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Christine

zeke
06-18-2013, 04:49 PM
there we go.

name the movie:

http://www.triskaidekafiles.com/storage/images2012/maximum-overdrive/MaxOverCap_003.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1339 559311350

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 04:52 PM
there we go.

name the movie:

http://www.triskaidekafiles.com/storage/images2012/maximum-overdrive/MaxOverCap_003.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1339 559311350

Maximum Overdrive.

Child's play.

zeke
06-18-2013, 05:02 PM
hmm. ok.

name the movie:

http://www.imcdb.org/i003298.jpg

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:05 PM
The Cannonball Run

corksens
06-18-2013, 05:06 PM
You guys should probably let this song run as you are playing this game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22X5X49VhM

Bleedsblue&white
06-18-2013, 05:09 PM
This is kind of weird...unless it's what set zeke off here...but Smokey and the Bandit was on the tube this weekend.

zeke
06-18-2013, 05:17 PM
cannonball run II, actually, but close enough.

name the movie:

http://www.51bangde.com/admin/images/upfile/200711016812698.jpg

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Scarface

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:22 PM
Scarface 1

zeke
06-18-2013, 05:24 PM
nice.

name the movie:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AXhWXW1FFeA/RXQsXgOm9kI/AAAAAAAAAAw/nA8dh5xJqWw/s400/godfather_car_field.jpg

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:33 PM
The Godfather

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:34 PM
I almost guessed something else but the Statue of Liberty changed my mind.

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:37 PM
I'll play.

http://filmgrab.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/35-side-of-car.png

Montana
06-18-2013, 05:38 PM
name the movie:

http://schmoesknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/jobu2.jpg

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Major Leagues?

zeke
leave the gun, take the cannoli.

name it:

http://i2.listal.com/image/743223/345full.jpg

Montana
I'll play.

http://filmgrab.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/35-side-of-car.png

Road to Perdition.....also what I first thought of when I saw zeke's pic.

zeke
06-18-2013, 05:40 PM
did we just post the same movie?

zeke
oh, no, not the same movie.

Montana
Major Leagues?

The one and only.....still my most watched movie of all time, I've seen it at least 30-50 times.

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:41 PM
F*CK YOU Jobu, I do it myself.

Montana
06-18-2013, 05:43 PM
"You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Major leagues is pretty freakin funny.

PlayerToBeNamedLater
06-18-2013, 05:45 PM
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/dvdreviews43/death%20proof%20blu-ray/arge/large%20%20death%20proof%20%20blu-ray10.jpg

JohnnyHolmes
06-18-2013, 05:45 PM
And Major Leagues 2 was unbelievably bad.

zeke
06-18-2013, 05:47 PM
might have got lost in the shuffle. My last one was Bonnie and Clyde.

name it:

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/30408/american_graffiti_30408.jpg

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Untouchables?

leafman101
06-18-2013, 06:51 PM
American Graffiti.

johnunit
06-18-2013, 07:42 PM
American Graffiti.

yep. final scene.

Habspatrol
06-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Some awesome pics zeke. I would have got most of them.

zeke
06-18-2013, 08:35 PM
yep, american graffiti.

name the movie:

http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/FrenchConnectionPontiac.jpg

Hoss
06-18-2013, 08:50 PM
French Connection??

Hoss
06-18-2013, 08:54 PM
My turn...http://images.static-bluray.com/reviews/1871_2.jpg

Metalleaf
06-19-2013, 01:24 AM
One of my all time favourite scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IGuQ33NxQaQ

Metalleaf
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
My friend and I are having a bit of a western fest at the moment

Silverado
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
Magnificent Seven
Unforgiven
True Grit(newer)

any other suggestions?

Metalleaf
06-19-2013, 01:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnY2NjSjrg

Montana
06-19-2013, 01:44 AM
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

McCabe & Mrs. Miller

The Outlaw Josey Wales

Once Upon a Time in the West

The Wild Bunch

High Plains Drifter

and the movie I can't recommend enough on this board.....

The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Montana
06-19-2013, 01:48 AM
Another that I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, was Costner's "Open Range" with Robert Duvall.

fergy57
06-19-2013, 01:49 AM
3:10 to Yuma
Django
The quick and the dead
The assassination of Jesse James (title might be wrong)
Tombstone

Montana
06-19-2013, 01:51 AM
"I'm your huckleberry"

Montana
06-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Insanely good western....

http://www.impawards.com/2006/posters/proposition_ver3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7V-CW_SUos

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-19-2013, 03:54 AM
"I'm your huckleberry"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfbAFgD2mLo

Habspatrol
06-19-2013, 06:47 AM
My friend and I are having a bit of a western fest at the moment

Silverado
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
Magnificent Seven
Unforgiven
True Grit(newer)

any other suggestions?
My absolute favourite ever, Outlaw Josey Whales. Tombstone is probably my second favourite.

Aberdeen
06-19-2013, 06:52 AM
Kevin's Costner's "Open Range" is surprisingly good. It's gun fighting scenes are very well regarded and it's beautifully shot.

Matrim
06-19-2013, 07:19 AM
Just watched Side Effects, very good movie. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/side_effects_2013/

JackBurton
06-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Kevin's Costner's "Open Range" is surprisingly good. It's gun fighting scenes are very well regarded and it's beautifully shot.

That gunfight at the end is one of the best ever. There's a masterpiece in that film, but it's got way too many unnecesary scenes in the first half.

zeke
06-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Top-3 Westerns

1) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
2) Unforgiven
3) Young Guns

zeke
06-19-2013, 11:02 AM
My turn...http://images.static-bluray.com/reviews/1871_2.jpg

**** this has been bugging me since you posted it.

I know this, but I'm stumped.

Hoss
06-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Luc Besson film.....

TimHorton
06-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Top-3 Westerns

1) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
2) Unforgiven
3) Young Guns

Blazing Saddles is better then all of them.

zeke
06-19-2013, 11:19 AM
ah that's the one with the guy from highlander. don't remember the name of it.

here's another lesser known Besson film that I love....

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZd2XtW2MSemlNyZIwzd6-t7O5HW85NtqucjLMDYvhquxd5MVD

SundinsTooth
06-19-2013, 12:14 PM
No idea on that one zeke...

http://geekmecca.com/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/23f61_beastmaster-ferrets.jpg

Hoss
06-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Yes the Highlander guy with Blond hair. The picture is a clue to the title...

Subway..

Hoss
06-19-2013, 12:25 PM

http://geekmecca.com/wp-content/plugins/RSSPoster_PRO/cache/23f61_beastmaster-ferrets.jpg

Willow??

zeke
06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
mine was The Big Blue. loved that movie when I was younger. Jean Reno was in it too. film about competitive deep sea free-diving.

zeke
06-19-2013, 12:30 PM
you stumped me, ST. no idea.

Metalleaf
06-19-2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvogMpTcZqI

SundinsTooth
06-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Not a great trailer unfortunately.

SundinsTooth
06-19-2013, 03:10 PM

http://content7.flixster.com/photo/11/04/04/11040457_ori.jpg

JackBurton
06-19-2013, 06:23 PM
The Besson film is Subway from 1985'.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-19-2013, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tzk7WhVFXg&NR=1&feature=endscreen

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-19-2013, 07:25 PM
I love all 4 of these guys. DeNiro, Douglas and Freeman are legends. And Kline is an excellent actor who has done some great comedies and dramas.

I'll see it just to see the four of them goofing around.

MindzEye
06-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Saw Man of Steel and ****ing rejoiced...finally a Superman movie that isn't campy or shit. They actually managed to make the most ridiculously invulnerable superhero ever created, look vulnerable both physically and emotionally. Brilliant job showing his origins story without actually playing out the whole ****ing story line, and showing some of the real life challenges a superman character would actually face growing up in our world.

Just a well, well done superhero flick.

SundinsTooth
06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
Just heard James Gandolfini is dead...hope not....

Deckie007
06-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Saw Man of Steel and ****ing rejoiced...finally a Superman movie that isn't campy or shit. They actually managed to make the most ridiculously invulnerable superhero ever created, look vulnerable both physically and emotionally. Brilliant job showing his origins story without actually playing out the whole ****ing story line, and showing some of the real life challenges a superman character would actually face growing up in our world.

+1

I loved it. Someone complained to me that there wasn't enough storyline, and I was like "really"?

Montana
06-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Just heard James Gandolfini is dead...hope not....

heart attack in Italy.....dead as a doorknob.

Habspatrol
06-19-2013, 10:02 PM
James Gandolfini, who gained fame playing a memorable mafia boss on HBO's "The Sopranos" by giving the role a contemporary twist of visiting a therapist for middle-age anxieties, died after suffering a possible heart attack in Italy, an HBO spokeswoman and the actor's managers said Wednesday.

He was 51.

Gandolfini was on holiday in Rome, said Mara Mikialian, HBO's vice president for program publicity.

MindzEye
06-19-2013, 11:56 PM
+1

I loved it. Someone complained to me that there wasn't enough storyline, and I was like "really"?

You punched this person in the throat I hope? We really didn't need any more drawn out origins stories. I liked the wrinkle they threw in, showing Jor-el and the krypton backstory...but we really didn't need to see much of the smallville stuff, it's all been done before. Every bit of the origins material they touched in this flick was with the expressed purpose of building the emotional journey of the character, that they did it in flashbacks at appropriate plot points instead of it being it's own act was perfect as well, helped the story flow a lot better than most origins stories are forced to.

Hoss
06-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Yeah having it go chronologically could have killed it. But having the original conflict keep popping in to add layers was good

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 12:25 AM

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea why its getting bad critic reviews. They always seem to end with, "I love the Chris Reeve movies as Superman more.". Pathetic.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah having it go chronologically could have killed it. But having the original conflict keep popping in to add layers was good

+1

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 12:27 AM
No! Tony Saprano is dead! At 51!!!! WTF.

Metalleaf
06-20-2013, 12:31 AM
I enjoyed Man of Steel, more than I figured because I find Superman to be dull. They did a good job of making him vulnerable.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 12:34 AM
I enjoyed Man of Steel, more than I figured because I find Superman to be dull. They did a good job of making him vulnerable.

And without kryptonite. Or without Lex Luthor finding a way. Though there were LexCorp trucks in the movie.

Metalleaf
06-20-2013, 12:37 AM
And without kryptonite. Or without Lex Luthor finding a way. Though there were LexCorp trucks in the movie.

Don't forget magic. Yes, Superman is weak to magic.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 12:48 AM
Don't forget magic. Yes, Superman is weak to magic.

Super girl is weak to magic.

Supergirl 1984

Poor Faye Dunaway as Selena the witch. "Power of shadow....DESTROY HER!!!!!!"

Poor Peter O'Toole as Zoltar, embarrassing role for him but we get our first real look at inside the phantom zone.

Though I do think the new Man of Steel movie could give way to a Super girl introduction. Since they had colonies on out posts. That is essentially what the 1984 Supergirl movie was showing (a krypton colony), though it had no link to the superman movies.

leaffan2005
06-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Hated Man of Steel. Absolutely hated it. Big waste of 3 hours.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Explain. And if you say you liked Christopher Reeves better than you are a fool. He was the best but this is a new era.

JaysCyYoung
06-20-2013, 01:18 AM
It certainly beats Kevin Spacey talking about kryyyyyyyyyyyptonite!

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 01:28 AM
I honestly didn't mind Spacey as Luthor. I love Spacey as an actor.

If you look at what Returns was all about, it essentially picked up 5 years after Superman 2 left off (though 26 years later for all of us).Bryan Singer cast Brandon Routh because he looked like Chris Reeve. And he truly did on certain angles. Luther was in prison again. Spacey played Luthor as hell bent on crippling Superman out of revenge and knew exactly how to do it since the first two Superman movies he knew where his hideout was etc etc etc.

The part when he stabs Superman with the kyptonyte knife is really cool to me. Movie itself was not good but that part was good.

Superman has never been hurt like that before.

"Now fly!" then Spacey breaks off the kryptonite knife in Supermans back. That was pretty epic. Sadly, the movie was poorly executed and planned.

Metalleaf
06-20-2013, 01:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2jXbZOeGD0

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 01:36 AM
Superman has never been beaten up this way. It is almost disturbing. I really liked the Lex Luthor parts of Superman Returns and the way Spacey played him. He is now very bitter and angry that Superman has foiled him twice before and put him in jail. No more games, he wants revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoLPRJziW9k

This scene would have been truly epic if when Superman is standing on the edge of the cliff, Spacey just boots him off.

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Imo, they need to do everything they can to avoid Luther as a core villain in any of this story arc they're going to develop, and they need to avoid kryptonite.

Why? They've done a really good job so far setting this Superman up as vulnerable (which is absolutely essential for an audience to actually connect with a character)....the best way to ruin that would be to inject Luthor in as the core villain in the next movie...so, my dude is invulnerable, but we're supposed to believe that a really smart guy can beat him because he's evil? There's also no real way to introduce kryptonite into the storyline that wouldn't be a farce either.

This Superman arc needs Doomsday, or Darkseid. No idea how to introduce either DC universe character into this though, without them doing a marvelesque tie in through other DC universe characters (hey, maybe that would make a Green Lantern sequel useful.....)

Metalleaf
06-20-2013, 01:43 AM
A Justice League movie will happen at some point.

MyNameIsJonas
06-20-2013, 01:49 AM
I;m seeing this on Sunday...really look forward to it

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 02:07 AM
A Justice League movie will happen at some point.

Yeah, and Marvel laid the blueprint on how to make it happen. DC just has to figure out which characters to roll out, and the overall story arc they're going to use. The major problem they're going to have is Batman...who is the next bat? Bale is out apparently and done with the character. They should probably scrap the Ryan Reynolds GL and start over.

I find Marvel's characters a lot more compelling than any of DC's aside from the bat, so the characters other than Superman & Batman, are going to have a hard time carrying their own feature length films. Though, a lot of people thought the same about Thor.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 02:16 AM
Did you notice the LexCorp truck during the fight scenes. Or the reference to Star City (Green Arrow) in Man of Steel?

I can see Lex being slowly introduced in the next film but not as the main villain. I can see after another Superman vs ????? fight dominating the movie but as a sub plot the government turns to Lexcorp for weapons to take down people of Supermans kind including the man of steel himself. Lex discovers kryptonite and that is the cliff hanger. He has the weapons and means to take out Superman.

Lex Luthor is Supermans Joker. That story has to be told. Just not right away. They can build it up.

Even if in the next movie they have LexCorp as a military weapon supply company. So essentially Lex is in support of the military and superman to start.

There is money to be made in another lex vs superman fight.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Hulk, Thor and Captain America were awful movies.

Thank god for Iron Man or the Avengers never would have happened.

Well I guess box office dictated that but still, awful.

Marvel had some things cooking but has really just fallen off.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 02:26 AM
I still haven't seen the so called spiderman reboot which was totally uncalled for.

Aberdeen
06-20-2013, 02:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvogMpTcZqI

I'm hoping that they actually took the bold, and rare, step of NOT putting all the best jokes in the trailer.

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 02:53 AM
Did you notice the LexCorp truck during the fight scenes. Or the reference to Star City (Green Arrow) in Man of Steel?

I can see Lex being slowly introduced in the next film but not as the main villain. I can see after another Superman vs ????? fight dominating the movie but as a sub plot the government turns to Lexcorp for weapons to take down people of Supermans kind including the man of steel himself. Lex discovers kryptonite and that is the cliff hanger. He has the weapons and means to take out Superman.

Lex Luthor is Supermans Joker. That story has to be told. Just not right away. They can build it up.

Even if in the next movie they have LexCorp as a military weapon supply company. So essentially Lex is in support of the military and superman to start.

There is money to be made in another lex vs superman fight.

I think it's been overdone to this point. The only way it's been made even semi fresh in the DC universe is by turning Lex Luthor into borderline superhuman his damn self. Lex has gone from an evil genius in his 50's to a muscle bound evil genius of undetermined age with technology that would make Tony Stark blush.

The race to keep him relevant against the most powerful superhero ever created has turned the character into a farce. I'm cool with Lex being a power behind the throne type, but that's a poor central villain imo. If they're going to use him, it has to be across a multiple movie story arc and in the background like a moriarty type character.

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 02:56 AM
Hulk, Thor and Captain America were awful movies.

Thank god for Iron Man or the Avengers never would have happened.

Well I guess box office dictated that but still, awful.

Marvel had some things cooking but has really just fallen off.

I disagree on all 3 to be honest. Captain America was the weakest of the 3, but decent enough as a stand alone popcorn flick (that had to get the origins story out of the way and lay the groundwork for the Avengers storyline) but the Edward Norton Hulk flick was very, very solid & Thor was a pleasant surprise.

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 02:57 AM
I still haven't seen the so called spiderman reboot which was totally uncalled for.

Way better than Toby Maguire....and it absolutely was necessary after Sony ****ing ruined the franchise.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 03:00 AM
I never said make him a central villain. In fact, I like having him as a king pin who finds others to do his dirty work for him.

However, I disagree that he is overplayed. I remember the same things being said about Joker.

They need to freshen him up but a compelling movie can be made with lex luthor. I just see another villain being involved combined with him.

You cannot have Superman without Lex.

Metalleaf
06-20-2013, 03:02 AM
Way better than Toby Maguire....and it absolutely was necessary after Sony ****ing ruined the franchise.

Having a director who hated Venom, as the figurehead, was awful.

Metalleaf
06-20-2013, 03:02 AM
I was unimpressed with Thor...but maybe I need to see it again.

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 03:05 AM
However, I disagree that he is overplayed. I remember the same things being said about Joker.

It took a legendary, absolutely legendary performance, that made everyone forget every other Joker ever done to not ruin that. There's also significant differences here...Batman is human, vulnerable. Superman is not. The only way to make Luthor a relevant threat to Superman is to introduce tired ass old kryptonite into it when there are other, better threats to Superman in the DC universe.

You cannot have Superman without Lex.

Sure you can, DC has dozens of story arcs that have had nothing to do with Luthor. Shit, the most popular superman story arc ever had 0.0% to do with Lex Luthor.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 03:06 AM

Very true!

After the great Spiderman 1 and 2 movies, they just took a dump on Spiderman 3. Thy really had something going with the first two. A fine movie and story. Then just went nuts.

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 03:06 AM

Yeah...what an abortion that was. I've always thought that the Maximum Carnage story arc would be an awesome movie adaptation.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 03:07 AM
It took a legendary, absolutely legendary performance, that made everyone forget every other Joker ever done to not ruin that. There's also significant differences here...Batman is human, vulnerable. Superman is not. The only way to make Luthor a relevant threat to Superman is to introduce tired ass old kryptonite into it when there are other, better threats to Superman in the DC universe.

Sure you can, DC has dozens of story arcs that have had nothing to do with Luthor. Shit, the most popular superman story arc ever had 0.0% to do with Lex Luthor.

We will have to agree to disagree here.

I like the Luthor character and can hardly wait to see what Nolan and his team do with it.

And there will be a Lex Luthor either in the next movie or introduced. Bet on it.

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 03:09 AM
I was unimpressed with Thor...but maybe I need to see it again.

I thought the action was solid, the actor playing Loki handles the role brilliantly (the performance of the villain is usually the single biggest determinant on the quality of a superhero movie imo....the better the villain, the better the flick) and it did a good job introducing that side of the marvel universe without bogging down.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 03:10 AM
Captain America was brutal.

Metalleaf
06-20-2013, 03:11 AM
They should use one of these comic covers

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee152/Metalleaf24/null_zpsaf881b80.jpg

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 03:11 AM
We will have to agree to disagree here.

I like the Luthor character and can hardly wait to see what Nolan and his team do with it.

And there will be a Lex Luthor either in the next movie or introduced. Bet on it.

Oh, I'm sure they'll go to it. I'm just saying that short of an extremely well done performance by whomever is casted, it's going to be a mistake that will undo some of what they did in Man of Steel. Introducing kryptonite (out of ****ing nowhere) to make Luthor a legitimate threat would be silly at this point when there are so many directions to go with this character that can put him into dangers faced in the DC universe (that are far, far more dangerous than Lex Luthor...Darkseid & Doomsday are the 2 biggest threats faced by Superman in the comics, Luthor had to be rebooted hard to remain even remotely relevant)

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 03:12 AM
They should use one of these comic covers

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee152/Metalleaf24/null_zpsaf881b80.jpg

Exactly...campy and silly. Lazy writing would be the only excuse...want to drum up a storyline, just add kryptonite for drama!

Bullshit.

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Captain America was brutal.

I really don't know what some people are expecting from movies about dudes in tights.

Action was solid, WW2 sub plot, covered the major origins points, everything "felt" time period appropriate.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Oh, I'm sure they'll go to it. I'm just saying that short of an extremely well done performance by whomever is casted, it's going to be a mistake that will undo some of what they did in Man of Steel. Introducing kryptonite (out of ****ing nowhere) to make Luthor a legitimate threat would be silly at this point when there are so many directions to go with this character that can put him into dangers faced in the DC universe (that are far, far more dangerous than Lex Luthor...Darkseid & Doomsday are the 2 biggest threats faced by Superman in the comics, Luthor had to be rebooted hard to remain even remotely relevant)

I agree.

I totally see Luthor as a secondary character in the next movie, an introduction. The way Nolan operates, he will have something up his sleave for Lex. I am not worried.

I could see Brainiac using Luthor as a vessel.

Lex will always be around and a thorn in Supermans side but he wont be the main threat. He'll create situations for Superman. That is the way they should do it. Never Luthor vs Superman, rather Luther's plot brings in another villain while he operates behind the scenes.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
06-20-2013, 03:17 AM
I really don't know what some people are expecting from movies about dudes in tights.

Action was solid, WW2 sub plot, covered the major origins points, everything "felt" time period appropriate.

marvel has really over exposed itself in a rush to get an avengers movie. now we have more xmen movies.

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Brainiac would be interesting....but he's a fairly campy threat imo.

Where they should take the story arc is that Luthor is able to secure kryptonian DNA (Zod's, superman's from the vial that was drawn on Zod's ship, etc) and Doomsday is a genetics experiment (Luthor is obsessed with cloning a compliant superman *or army of supermen* in the comics) gone wrong. They would just need a bridging villain for the 2nd movie as it would be used to set up a modified Death of Superman arc.

MyNameIsJonas
06-20-2013, 03:25 AM
I thought the lead Chris Evans for Captain America was bad, the movie itself was a popcorn flick....but if that was necessary to do the avengers...then so be it...

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 03:30 AM
marvel has really over exposed itself in a rush to get an avengers movie. now we have more xmen movies.

I don't know if I'd say "over exposed". All of the tie ins to the Avengers flick have done well at the box office. Captain America was generally well received critically but it is what it is. Hollywood popcorn action flick. There isn't the character depth there to do a Dark Knight styled human drama with subtle (and not so subtle) character development and emotional undertone.

I think you have to judge a comic book movie against the material it's developed from. There just isn't a whole lot to the character, but he's absolutely essential in the Marvel Universe, so it was necessary.

JohnnyHolmes
06-20-2013, 06:31 AM
There is nothing gayer than superhero movies.

Nothing.

JaysCyYoung
06-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Chris Bosh.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199629/boshchamp_1.jpg

Blackheart
06-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Cum on a mustache. That is the ultimate gayness.

PlayerToBeNamedLater
06-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Saw 'this is the end' on tuesday, and it was pretty damn funny.

Michael Cera >

MindzEye
06-20-2013, 03:48 PM
There is nothing gayer than superhero movies.

Nothing.

The time you blew that sailor in Laos....way gayer than superhero movies.

Tony Stark’s famous closing line to the very first Iron Man film takes on new life today as Marvel is pleased to announce the signing of Robert Downey, Jr. to reprise the role of the “billionaire, genius, playboy, philanthropist.”

Under the two-picture agreement, Downey will star as Tony Stark/Iron Man in “Marvel’s The Avengers 2” and “Marvel’s The Avengers 3.” Downey is represented at CAA by Bryan Lourd, Jim Toth and Matt Leaf and by his attorneys Tom Hansen and Stewart Brookman of the firm Hansen Jacobson.

Downey, Jr.’s last two Marvel films, 2012’s “Marvel’s The Avengers” and this year’s “Iron Man 3,” rank as two of the top five grossing films of all time, collectively earning over $2.7 billion worldwide to date.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/20786/robert_downey_jr_to_return_as_marvels_iron_man#ixz z2Wmq4zpWd

Habspatrol
06-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Saw 'this is the end' on tuesday, and it was pretty damn funny.

Michael Cera >

Yeah it was a shame that he didn't have a bigger part but he absolutely stole the movie while he was in it. Brilliant.