PDA

View Full Version : Tennis/the kid from Thornhill

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bermygoon
01-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Milos Raonic is a name Canadians should learn quickly, he has made it into the fourth round of the Australian Open and by all analysis this 20 year old look like he has some serious promise to be a big time player. Although born in Serbia he calls Thornhill home and rocked the tennis world with a beat down of number ten in the world Mikhail Youzhny. He is slated to play David Ferrer next round which will be an extremely difficult match. Even if he doesn't win this has been a major break through for Raonic and Canadian tennis.

Anyone watching the Australian open? Who is everyone's picks for the winners? Anyone think Nadal will hold all four grand slams?

My picks are Stosur and Roger.

Fitzgerald#11
01-21-2011, 10:52 PM
watched his final set, very impressive by the kid. also on the womens side a Canadian got to the 3rd round before being elimiated by a high ranked player.

top players have been pretty dominant so far besides that Federer hick up (5 set match). Shaping up to be a good 2nd week thats for sure (too bad for the crappy times its on though)

Cilic vs Isner should be a good match tonight though

GGpX
01-21-2011, 11:33 PM
I hope Federer wins. Always liked him.

trujaysfan
01-21-2011, 11:58 PM
I have always like Raonic, have met him/know him. Played many times in juniors.... only guy in canada that i ahve played that can clearly out serve me

zeke
01-22-2011, 12:02 AM
another teeds protege.

Bermygoon
01-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah time change for Australia is rough but PVR has made it a lot easier. Hopefully they show Raonic's whole next match, would really like to see what this kid has got. Apparently Canada also has a few other young kids coming down the line.

Wow trujay, that is impressive. What is juniors in Canada consist of? How is it formed, how are matches scheduled, etc?

teeds
01-22-2011, 08:53 AM
I HATE watching male tennis players with two handed backhands. Its killed the sport. Its clone tennis.

teeds
01-22-2011, 09:01 AM
And why watch that dreary video? Some MKultra Manchurian hauls off and starts shooting. What has that got to do with a tall kid with a big serve that is probably going to end up being a doubles player?

teeds
01-22-2011, 09:03 AM
And Federer has a major weakness on the backhand that he has stubborn refused to heal. He will only beat Nadal if Nadal hurts his knee. Otherwise its a pounding.

teeds
01-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Milos Raonic is a name Canadians should learn quickly, he has made it into the fourth round of the Australian Open and by all analysis this 20 year old look like he has some serious promise to be a big time player. Although born in Serbia he calls Thornhill home and rocked the tennis world with a beat down of number ten in the world Mikhail Youzhny. He is slated to play David Ferrer next round which will be an extremely difficult match. Even if he doesn't win this has been a major break through for Raonic and Canadian tennis.

Anyone watching the Australian open? Who is everyone's picks for the winners? Anyone think Nadal will hold all four grand slams?

My picks are Stosur and Roger.

If he beats Ferrer I will believe in this guy. Youzhny has been on the verge of finished for a while now. And Llodra is injued. Kid caught a break. Wouldn't be the first Canadian to make some noise. But we have never had one maintain.

My old nemesis Snajder(always lost 7-6 in the third to the guy) should have stayed at the top, but his wife talked him into buying six houses in Texas at the TOP of the Real Estate Market.

And womens tennis has fallen down the stairs if Stosur wins the Open. Ugggghhh. No way Federer wins.

Bermygoon
01-22-2011, 05:44 PM
He doesn't have to beat Ferrer to already have had a great tournament. He was a qualifier! first time a qualifier has made it this far since 1999 Gilberts said. 1999!

I personally love watching tennis, it is so different than watching hockey as it isn't a team game. Two guys control everything, so compelling.

teeds
01-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Tennis bugs me now. Its gotten institutional, like everything else. You cannot build a super player any more like you used to be able to, unless you have a country that has a certain amount of big tournaments that they can hand out spots to their key players.

Friend of mine has a talented kid, and they went to four qualifying tournaments ON SPEC, and didn't get into ONE of them. That is a deal killer for me.

My son could make the NHL and play pro tennis imo, but I will discourage him from doing either. Better to make 500k in the forex market a year and take down as many women as possible.

GGpX
01-24-2011, 12:02 AM
He won the first set 6-4 against David Ferrer.

Bermygoon
01-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Wow this is crazy, this guy looks awesome. 20 years old!!!! Such a good match already and it is the second set.

Bermygoon
01-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Wow he serves 138 to Ferrer body and apologizes for it. This kid is canadian. Who apologizes because their serve is too hard!?

1-1.

trujaysfan
01-24-2011, 12:44 AM
Needs to tighten his game up early in the 3rd here. if he loses this set he is done. This kid does not fold under pressure, never has

GGpX
01-24-2011, 12:46 AM
He also needs to stop making so many unforced errors. Too many of his shots going right into the net.

trujaysfan
01-24-2011, 12:49 AM
tall young kid, that will be his game.... he is going to make mistakes. he needs to stop hitting drop volleys, don't know what it is with him and frank that make them this it is a good idea

Bermygoon
01-24-2011, 03:00 AM
That is okay, he got a ton of experience this tournament. I am sure he was a little overwhelmed with everything going on and the potential that is before him. Like gilbert said he will qualify for the 250s and 500s now and can win a few of those and then he will be ready for the big time. His serve is going to be the biggest in tennis within one year, how sick is that.

teeds
01-24-2011, 04:50 AM
Well he for sure vaulted into a special place in the sick, sick world of pro tennis. He gains the valuable points to get into bigger tournaments. Breakthroughs are what guys need to do, to get anywhere.

His game is everything I dislike about sports now. He is a insanely tall, has really fast hands and moves like a tree. He could be out of the game at any time, as he cheats with his running a lot. He reminds me of the kids I see coming into hockey now. No hips, but everything else. And horrible to watch. If you like watching mobility. Its all hand.

His serve and hand speed could carve out some kind of a career for him as long as he doesn't rack up the big time injuries. With his lack of hip strength, this guy is a back injury waiting to happen, and the daily grind of pro tennis is always pleased to deliver it.

trujaysfan
01-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Teeds he is a perfect example of tennis canada training. He is out of canada now and in spain where he will be able to add strength and speed.
Would have loved to see the kid get the win and get into the 60's so he wouldn't need to qualify for the masters series tournaments this summer, but at 97 he should get direct into the majors.

teeds
01-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Tennis Canada is always 30 years behind. Unfortunately, for this kid to acquire the requisite hip strength would require being OFF the tour. And he has JUST gotten his points to start a quick up and DOWN career.

zeke
01-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Saw some of the match last night. The kid looks really damn good, though he's got to clean up those mistakes.

But Ferrer looked amazing. I can't believe what he was able to do returning against that kind of serve. Just beautiful.

So how long until Milos forgets he's a "canadian" and officially becomes a "spaniard"? 1 year? 2?

teeds
01-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Reason he came to Canada is because he can always get into the Rogers Cup. Its his springboard for points. If you knew anything about tennis you would know he would be nuts to go back to Serbia or Spain, where there are guys that would run those pencil legs ragged.

Now, take a look at McCartney, and take off the glasses.

teeds
01-24-2011, 01:12 PM
And Ferrer looks amazing? He is like watching the New Jersey Devils. A world class push. I wouldn't go to see him play if you paid me.

I trained players to hit the shit out of the ball, and RUN like Ferrer. There is NOTHING less. Anything less is five on five NHL hack and chop institutional Roman Catholic shit.

Raonic cannot run and at 20, it is essentially TOO LATE. Another flash, in a greasy institutional pan.

Fitzgerald#11
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
he seems a bit stocky at 20 years old. he's not lanky like Cilic or atheltic like Tsonga so maybe he's another Isner? you can make some pretty good money as a top 20 player so not too bad

TheCountofMonteCristo
01-24-2011, 02:33 PM
I bet Teeds could take Federer and Nadal while blindfolded and after a night of fighting and ****ing.

trujaysfan
01-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Saw some of the match last night. The kid looks really damn good, though he's got to clean up those mistakes.

But Ferrer looked amazing. I can't believe what he was able to do returning against that kind of serve. Just beautiful.

So how long until Milos forgets he's a "canadian" and officially becomes a "spaniard"? 1 year? 2?

0 chance zeke... he has no spanish roots, only Montenegro..... Plus tennis Canada is fully funding the kid which was the biggest reason other players who shall remain nameless left before.

funny story how milos ended up with blanco... tennis canada signed a kid that was working with him, the kid gets injured. So they are already paying Blanco, so they decide to send him over to spain..... this was not planned it just sort of happened.

teeds
01-24-2011, 02:52 PM
His power can always get him into a match. If he gets both feet down he will hit the shit out of the ball. Its nice to have the weapons he has. If Tennis Canada could recognize a talent like this and get him a pair of feet and hips to go with the hands, holy shit, you would have a guy who COULD win a Grand Slam. A la Goran. Goran could run for a big man, this kid is a knee or a back away from a six month injury. Too bad.

TheCountofMonteCristo
01-24-2011, 02:57 PM
He's already said he won't pull a Rusedski and be a traitor, he will play for Canada.

Leafovic
01-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Us Yugos brought you Joe Sakic and now this guy ;)

teeds
01-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Brought a lot more than just Sakic. Frank and Peter Mahovlich. But they are Croats, not Serbs.

zeke
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
dirty slavs, all of them.

Bermygoon
01-24-2011, 05:01 PM
He has Isner's serve but has some serious game also, he goes to the net and attacks the ball well. Hard to compare his game without combing guys traits (Isner's serve speed, roddick forehand,et.).

I think he would be crazy to move countries. Although tennis is not huge in Canada, he will be the big fish in the small pond here, rather than the small fish in the big pond in spain or where ever. He is going to become the face of tennis Canada immediately though, I think he can pick up more side coin here (the real money for those not in the top 30) than elsewhere so why leave?

Bermygoon
01-24-2011, 05:06 PM
I get a kick out of reading your post teeds, but your history of picking talent is pretty funny. The fact you are writing him off makes me think he has top 5 potential!!

Although aren't the only one, the America announcer mentioned this also.

teeds
01-24-2011, 05:17 PM
My history of picking talent? Please, who have I been wrong about? Grabovski? And if you think this kid is top five with that running you probably are on welfare or don't rely on observation in your line of work.

JaysCyYoung
01-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Crosby.

Bermygoon
01-24-2011, 05:43 PM
It was a joke, no offense meant. I am the guy with you quote in my signature, remember?

Just throw this out there though...

schenn

teeds
01-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Schenn was playing like Schitt when I was all over him. AND I really didn't want to start whining about this, but doesn't anyone think that playing with Kaberle would settle any youngster down?

Yet another reason, to keep Thomas. You know, I think we all know this meathead is going to get rid of him(Burke) but a small part of me, the kid in me, the fan in me, prays that it doesn't happen.

NOW,Schenn is indeed playing ROCK SOLID. Really, really coming along. I really didn't like the way he played in the first twenty games.

Crosby, I see once every two years. and he looked injured or something and the fateful words came out. But he IS my favourite style of player since Mogilny.

Crosby is to hockey, for me, what Federer is to tennis. SWEET and close to perfection.

teeds
01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
There is no mystery for me in sports. I want tons of mobility, tons of it, and a great shot, and ultimate head space. Its ALL in the coaching. All in the way the student or athlete is brought up.

I maintain, that the NHL is boring as SHIT. Totally dead on its feet. But so is the human population, so it may last. But its awful.

And Schenn, if I coached him, would STILL be better. A lot better. But for five on five NHL, the boy is good. He is smashing people now. I love that.

Montana
01-24-2011, 07:45 PM
There is no mystery for me in sports.

we know.

GGpX
01-26-2011, 01:16 PM
Surprised Nadal lost to Ferer.

Guess the door's wide open for Federer, assuming he can get by Djokovic.

zeke
01-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Ferrer looks great right now.

teeds
01-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Murray has to be upset that none of you are talking about him.

GGpX
01-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Justine Henin's announced her retirement again.

Shame. She was a good player.

teeds
01-26-2011, 03:56 PM
She was a cheap assed bitch. Good to see fish lips go. She could play though. But that serve must have just killer her back.

leaffan2005
01-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Seems like the only way Nadal loses these days is because of an injury.

Just an amazing player. Style he plays will continue to make him susceptible to injury. I'm a Federer guy so this looks good for him, but unfortunate for Nadal who has really established himself recently as the world's #1 player.

leaffan2005
01-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Seems like the only way Nadal loses these days is because of an injury.

Just an amazing player. Style he plays will continue to make him susceptible to injury. I'm a Federer guy so this looks good for him, but unfortunate for Nadal who has really established himself recently as the world's #1 player.

Bermygoon
01-26-2011, 04:23 PM
IF Federer can win the Australian, number one is in the sights. Nadal has the next three majors with 2000 points expiring, if Fed can win the US or Wimbledon after this he would take it I would think. Bye bye Rafa slam!

Fed needs to win a few more now as it is going to get really tough winning anything once Milos gets some more meat on his bones.

TheCountofMonteCristo
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Djokovic is playing well so Federer will have it tough.

I hate Andy Murray, not sure why though.

As for TSN/ESPN coverage, I think Chris McKendry is quite a MILF.

teeds
01-26-2011, 06:31 PM
What does MILF stand for?

JaysCyYoung
01-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Are you serious, dude?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJofxg61e1k

Introduced a legendary word into the popular lexicon.

teeds
01-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Ahh, I supposed it was something filthy. I wasn't disappointed. Djokovic took out fag a rer. Love Feds game, but its good to see the love spread around.

TheCountofMonteCristo
01-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Teeds, I'm disappernted in you. I expected you to come here and say Federer has always been overrated and mentally weak.

teeds
01-27-2011, 04:53 PM
That would be ****ed up But he does refuse to make one accomadation that would ensure more wins. He wants to win pretty, so that is NOT going to happen. Jimmy Connors would have made the adjustment due to age, but Federer,no way. He would rather be know for the most beautiful game of all time, rather than the best of all time.

JaysCyYoung
01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Federer is already quite clearly the greatest ever by a substantial margin.

teeds
01-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Huh? Rod Laver, Borg and Sampras were just as great. Laver, even greater. More dominant.

TheCountofMonteCristo
01-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Not sure if he can be the greatest ever when Nadal punks him regularly

teeds
01-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Thank God Murray beat Ferrer. If David Ferrer were to get to a Grand Slam Final, it would be akin to the Islanders catching fire, making the playoffs and getting into the Stanley Cup Final. Just the biggest push EVER in pro tennis. Horrible game to watch. My third serve is faster than his. Pretty sad that more people cannot punish this guy.

Too bad, on the other hand, that the lovely pusher on the womens side got beaten. Wozniacki. She is one hot little trollip. Great thighs. Hidden more often than not with hideous dresses that look like they were designed by Andy Murray. Man that guy has to have the ugliest clothes this side of Barney Wilson.

TheCountofMonteCristo
01-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah I didn't like Caroline's dress either.

Question though, if your game is as good as you say (and I don't deny you that it isn't) why did you never reach the upper echelon of the ranking system?

teeds
01-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Lots of us guys were highly ranked in Canada. Greg Halder was top fifty in the world(he was older than me) and I could beat him at the same time he was top fifty. Andrew Snaajder is closer to my age, and I lost twice to him 7-6 in the third and he was top fifty in the world.

In both cases there were about four or five guys who were as good or BETTER than those two, who could have been everything they were, but we didn't want to go out on the road for 12 months. Or didn't have the cash to.

For every player on the tour, there are about five guys per country that probably could have been better, its a huge committment. Its a strange life. You really have to uproot yourself. Much more so that any other sport. Except perhaps golf, but even golf is big enough to be local for the most part for North Americans.

Two Canadian guys were WAY better than Greg. Way better. But he was the guy making headlines.

I love tennis, loved tennis but didn't love the tour. No regrets whatsoever. Its one of the greatest games. I still play, and play very well. For one set, I can beat some pretty high ranked kids in junior.

Bermygoon
02-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Anyone watching Milos on Sportsnet now, could be the first Canadian title in almost 20 years.

GGpX
02-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Damn, they had this on TV?

I missed the first set. :(

Bermygoon
02-13-2011, 09:48 PM
He was down in the tiebreak in the first 6-4, huge comeback!

Favourite comment so far 'you are witnessing the birth of a superstar'

zeke
02-13-2011, 09:56 PM
nice hold.

zeke
02-13-2011, 10:12 PM
milos turning it up a notch in this tiebreak.

zeke
02-13-2011, 10:17 PM
another win for milos!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2440/3953171943_38fa6a1697_o.jpg

GGpX
02-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Nice win.

Good on him.

lecoqsportif
02-13-2011, 10:19 PM
:thumbsup(22):

Fitzgerald#11
02-13-2011, 10:55 PM
well its a rematch on Wednesday between these 2 in the Memphis Open

Bermygoon
02-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Yeah that is crazy they play twice in a row. Milos got a wildcard to get into this tournament. His wild card days are going to be over soon though.

this kid is going to be a superstar, weird seeing it before it happens knowing it is going to happen. He will be one of the most famous canadians in the world in two years (if not the most famous).

Crazy.

Mega
02-14-2011, 01:26 AM
How do you know he's that good?

I don't follow tennis all that closely.

When you say super star, like how good?

Bermygoon
02-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Peter Sampras, Nadal, Brad Gilbert and Patrick McEnroe have all basically said he has the tools to be challenging for titles in the coming years. McEnroe said during the Australian that every player is watching this kid and will not be looking forward to facing him. These guys are looking at players at a whole different level, I am making the superstar comment not from his result today, but from what these guys have said.

To top it off he seems to have a solid head on his shoulder (his dad is a nuclear engineer), tennis is such a mind game and smarts is very important. Also cool as a cucumber, after winning today he just seemed to take it all in stride. I would have been losing it.

I know I am getting ahead of myself but still something to get pretty excited about.

What is that picture Zeke?

http://www.protennisfan.com/2011/02/milos-raonic-wins-first-atp-title-in-san-jose.html

Bleedsblue&white
02-14-2011, 08:06 AM
That's from a Seinfeld episode, bermy.

I've listened to the way the stars of tennis talk about this kid and it's pretty exciting.
I hope it doesn't get everybody crazy about tennis...right now (well in the spring) my son and I have the local court to ourselves, I like it that way.

zeke
02-14-2011, 10:32 AM
He's arguably already got the best serve in tennis, and he's only 20.

From the sounds of it, he's got a legit shot at being #1.

trujaysfan
02-14-2011, 10:44 AM
he is top 10 capable now but has a long way to go before having a shot at #1

he is very talented and always has been, but sufferes from the same faults as many canadian tennis players as well as guys his height.

1. His return of serve needs to be more consistent, relying to much on his own serve to win him matches
2. His backhand needs to be more of a difference and not just a shot to stay in the point.
and lastly 3. His footwork and movement especially his first step need to be worked on.

These are not shots against him, as I am very proud to have played the kid and have known him growing up.

He just needs to keep on improving these aspects of his game and he can dominate for the next decade and finally make tennis in Canada relevant again

JaysCyYoung
02-14-2011, 11:33 AM
This kid is really exciting to watch for a non-tennis fan such as myself. Having a top-ranked, truly elite Canadian talent can only grow the sport (which really is a niche hobby at the present time in this country) and contribute to the talent pool in the coming years.

He seems like a really level-headed, cool, thoughtful person based on my initial impressions so here is to hoping he continues his upward ascent in the tennis world. And for the record, did everyone see the organizers hand Milos two Canadian stereotypes after he won? He received both a San Jose Sharks jersey and a bottle of maple syrup. He looked really sheepish accepting them! :lol

drewser
02-14-2011, 04:06 PM
What is that picture Zeke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUaMzsNKR7Q

zeke
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
look at ze big baby!

http://www.tennisticketnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fernando-verdasco.jpg

teeds
02-14-2011, 05:20 PM
The camera views in this tournament were a lot better. And I made a big mistake with this kid. He has phenomenal leg development. OH, he is still slowish compared to the top, top runners, but he can consistently get wide and throw back a pretty good shot when bashed down the line. AND THAT, is huge.

Because on top of that, he has monstrous weapons. Monstrous. This kid, will hurt people win or lose. And that serve will break everyones heart.

He got very lucky getting a walk through in the semis. It allowed a young kid to rest EVEN MORE. Which in these horrendously grinding affairs is true luck.

But make no mistake, based on the leg development I finally saw, due to more grounded cameras, this kid is more than for real, he is every ATP players worst nightmare. I would truly HATE to play this guy. Even if you somehow win, you lose next round. He will take a BIG BITE out of everyone.

Way to go kid.

zeke
02-14-2011, 05:33 PM
I was wondering why you were so down on him last time.

The kid is still raw, but he looks scary good a lot of the time. Like unstoppable good - even his inconsistent backhand looks scary good on some shots.

teeds
02-14-2011, 06:16 PM
The camera angles were really bad in the last match and his legs looked like pencils. But at a ground level I was shocked, he has amazing leg development. This kid has put in a TON of work. A ton.

Put that on top of his obvious weapons and you have something that is truly horrible to play against. Great for Canada. Not so good for his opponents.

His team didn't appear suprised at all. Obviously this is merely the start of something wonderful..

This is pretty big for Canada. Dancevic is Serbian/Canadian, as well as Dr. Doubles, whats his name. The lefty. Tons of Serbian/Canadians making a move. A big move.

Fitzgerald#11
02-14-2011, 10:40 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=6121004

The 20-year-old Canadian trailed defending SAP Open champion Fernando Verdasco 6-2 in Sunday night's first-set tiebreaker. With four set points against him, it was a logical time to start focusing on the second set, right?

Right?

Instead, baby-faced Milos Raonic -- his monstrous serve overwhelming the world No. 9 -- won six straight points and, ultimately, the match, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (5). The taut championship match saw zero breaks of serve and only one break point. One Raonic serve was clocked at 149 miles per hour.

Verdasco complained that a fan yelled as he hit Raonic's final 138 mph offering into the net, but chair umpire Steve Ullrich declined to replay the point.

What was the difference?

"His serve," Verdasco said, shrugging, in an on-the-court interview. "Easy."

Raonic, at 6-foot-5, 200 pounds, appears to be the next big thing in tennis. He was ranked No. 156 at the beginning of the season, failed to qualify in India, then took off. He was a revelation at the Australian Open, qualifying his way into the main draw, then beating No. 10 seed Mikhail Youzhny and No. 22 seed Michael Llodra to reach the fourth round.

Raonic, who was born in Montenegro but left with his family after war came to the country in 1994, plays under the Canadian flag. In his seventh match in Melbourne, he won the first set against No. 7-ranked David Ferrer but then hit the wall. Raonic would have been the first Canadian man in history to reach the quarterfinals of a Grand Slam singles event, but it appears that day will soon come. His first ATP title came in only his eighth event and made him the first Canadian man to win a title in 13 years.

"We are witnessing the birth of a star here," a breathless Justin Gimelstob said toward the end of the Tennis Channel telecast.

Analyst Todd Martin predicted that Raonic could soon break into the top 20 and, perhaps, reach the top 10 by year's end.

Raonic, who is now ranked No. 59, is 8-2 in ATP matches this year, but factoring in his qualifying record, he has won 16 of 19. Raonic is second among ATP ace leaders with 174, only four behind Ivo Karlovic.

"A lot of things have come quickly," Raonic said. "I'm happy about it and hope I can keep it going more than six weeks."

Fitzgerald#11
02-16-2011, 10:46 PM
another win for Milos!!!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2440/3953171943_38fa6a1697_o.jpg

He beat Verdasco again in the 1st round of the Memphis tourney in 3 sets (all close)

and in other Seinfeld related news Uncle Leo passed away tonight

http://images.buddytv.com/battleimages/usr400038060/400038060_21cae9c6-3c15-4ec6-8441-d2994e4d6a42-uncle-leo.jpg

Bermygoon
02-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Yeah i was watching the ticker online. Verdasco must hate this kid, he has cost him at least a 100 grand.

If he goes far in this tourney his rating will rocket up, this one is for 500 points.

teeds
02-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Wow!!! He beat Verdasco AGAIN. Holy shit. I have a ton of Serbian friends and they are going apeshit over this kid. AND Djokovic. And Canadians are proud to have him employing our banner as well.

I am much more on the bandwagon after I saw his legs. That kid has worked out a TON. Whoever is doing his physical training should put on a clinic at MLSE immediately. I have never seen a tall guy like this, with that kind of calf and thigh development. It was almost surreal.

trujaysfan
02-17-2011, 01:02 PM
for anyone interested Milos is playing his 2nd round match right now on RSN

teeds
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
How did he do? Man, those legs might allow him NOT to injure himself. If he stays healthy, this guy could knock off guys like Rafa and Federer. He has that much horrible shit.

JaysCyYoung
02-17-2011, 03:20 PM
BTW teeds, I've been working with a personal trainer for the last month or so and he echoed the sentiments you were saying earlier about the important of calf strength and building muscular endurance through the thighs. I've been on a military-style training program over those four weeks and really started to notice an improvement in my core strength and stability.

teeds
02-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Its extemely hard work, horrible to do, but if you are interested in playing sports( I know I sure the fawk am, lol) then its ALL worth it.

I skate three times a day(not the past two days) in an exxagerated crouch and do drills that are horrible to do. But you know what? I could probably play a game of OHL hockey and not have the crowd laugh or point me out. But I wouldn't be doing anything all that spectacular either.

And that is a pretty bold statement for an old fart. No amount of money is worth selling your physical soul for.

trujaysfan
02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
it is 6-5 on serve in the 3rd right now teeds.... milos is up 6-5

teeds
02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Watching Raonic, leading the third set tiebreaker.

teeds
02-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Holy shit, he is cool man. Trujays, did you know that he had this kind of upside? I want a lot, lot, lot more details. I will give you secrets on the market, that none possess. I want drills, tips etc.. I am going to be giving free clinics for kids this summer and I want to be delivering the very best.

teeds
02-17-2011, 03:39 PM
38 ACES???? In three sets? That is insane. Against a tall man, who is reasonably quick? Holy shit. This kid must be the most horrible guy in the world to play against now. The most unwanted to face.

trujaysfan
02-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Lets just say I have seen possibly his worst collapse he has ever had, and yes i have been saying for years that this kid will be the best of the bunch.... way better than polansly who is a giant tool.

Milos is a very night guy, one of the few good young tennis players in Canada that didn't have his head up his rear end. More than likely because he has 2 very intelligent parents and is intelligent himself.

PM me what you want to know, i don't like talking about everything over an internet forum.

teeds
02-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks, I will tonight sir. And quite thoughtful of you on his part.

teeds
02-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Quote:
“There (should) be another league for players like him because it’s another sport when he serves at 145 (mph) all the time and every time … it’s on the line. It’s tough to play like that,” said Verdasco, who as the match went on, became increasingly agitated with his inability to make a dent in Raonic’s service games, even as he held his own with relative ease. “You see him in the locker-room and he takes off his shirt, he has the body of a 12-year-old boy ... I don’t know how he doesn't break his shoulder when he serves.”
Beaten by a 12 y/o body. Haha!

trujaysfan
02-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Milos has his QF match today, the tournaments site says it starts at 10am but tennis.com does not have the match in progress yet.

SN1 i believe is broadcasting it live

teeds
02-18-2011, 10:42 AM
He has a lot of tennis on those young legs. If he wins this tournament somehow after all that tennis he has played. He is the MAN. Actually he is the MAN already. He has gone farther than anyone in Canadian history in my opinion. Dancevic to me, was doing it on smoke and mirrors. I didn't think all that much of his game. However, if he can get HIS game back, and this kid just stands pat. Holy shit, what a Davis Cup team we would have.

trujaysfan
02-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Frank will be lucky to stay on the team in the coming years. Milos and Polansky should get singles time with Nestor(till he retires) and possibly pospisl playing doubles.

Then Canada has a couple young guys who could challenge in the coming years.

GGpX
02-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Milos won & is headed to the semi's.

Great :)

sensbk
02-18-2011, 02:53 PM
This kid is incredible. 53 aces in two days now, just nutty.

He needs to seriously adopt this at the end of every win...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUaMzsNKR7Q

Fitzgerald#11
02-18-2011, 06:36 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/

watch the video on the right, he does the line from Seinfeld pretty good

trujaysfan
02-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Raonic vs Fish in the semi's today at noon

oh and if anyone was wondering his name is pronounced Ray-oh-nick

teeds
02-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Neesh. If you are Bosnian. Think he has an energy left? To beat the Fish?

trujaysfan
02-19-2011, 11:29 AM
prob not a ton of energy left..... the kid couple beat fish but he has to take the 1st set to do it.

Fitzgerald#11
02-19-2011, 12:34 PM
its on sportsnet btw

teeds
02-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Wow, this kid plays like a tour vet in the head. Smart player. Manages every point very well.

teeds
02-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Serving for the set

trujaysfan
02-19-2011, 01:06 PM
took that game with ease, as his opponent you simply can not get broken if you want to win a the set.

I played the same style as milos(obviously not nearly as well).... but i could pound my serve 130ish and once i had my break it was a cruise for the set.

teeds
02-19-2011, 02:23 PM
I played the same way too. It hurt my development cause I just blew everyone away. When you come up against someone who can return.... its tougher. So far, no one has returned him that well YET.

This kid is just chewing on grizzled high ranked veterans. Amazing.

teeds
02-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Goddamn. We have NO good male singles players basically and suddenly THIS. If he wins tomorrow, the country is going to go tennis crazy.

He reminds me of Sampras mentally out there. Manages points like Sampras.

eason97
02-19-2011, 02:37 PM
What's the top end talent for the kid? Andy Roddick?

trujaysfan
02-19-2011, 02:39 PM
The tennis community in canada is already going nuts over this kid... i have been since he almost took out Gonzalez two years ago.

trujaysfan
02-19-2011, 02:40 PM
smarter, more consistent...... less of a premadona version of andy roddick

teeds
02-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Heh, I sorta like Roddick. But I am out of things to some extent in Canada. My son was going to be the next one, then he discovered skateboarding, girls, hockey, and film. At six I thought he might be the one for Canada. Thankfully we now have one anyways. We sure needed one. My son is 11, but I don't see him having the passion to do this. If you don't want it really bad.....

Anyways, he has a huge advantage being the FIRST one off the court today. To me, that is an unfair advantage, but its all about TV. Its nuts in the US Open.

So lets hope he gets a great sleep tonight and, well, just does what he does.

Bermygoon
02-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Holy crap, shit just got real!!

In puerta Vallarta and played tennis at a resort. First thing the tennis pro basically said when I said I was Canada ...'Canada has a great player with Milos'. This guy is going to be the most famous Canadian behind Beiber in two years. It is just amazing. Big difference between Milos and Roddick is Roddick is dumb as a stump, that his been his downfall in so many matches. Jimmy Connors said we are working on Roddick not running around his backhand to hit his backhand, most players you don't have to work on something so easy to change but Roddick has the IQ of a stone.

Poll...

What is Milos ranking on Dec 31, 2011?

I say 8th.

Fitzgerald#11
02-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Nestor in the doubles final tommorow as well. Marino in womens final tonight at 8pm on sportsnet1

teeds
02-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Both Serbians. Nestor and Milos. Serbian Canadians that is. But they are REALLY Serbians.

Leafovic
02-19-2011, 08:51 PM
I hear from my Yugo connections that he himself said that there is a good chance he will represent Montenegro in the future...but not right now.

teeds
02-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Serbians, Croatians, Montenegrans, they don't see themselves as Canadians really. So I wish everyone wouldn't get so excited about this guy. I am part Croatian, and I know Nestor and well, its as I say.

trujaysfan
02-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Milos is Canadian, and considers himself a Canadian. He will not go play for a smaller country and has less of a chance of helping him in the future.

With him in the lineup Canada has a shot to compete in David Cup challenges. He is loving the attention he is getting from the Canadian media.

teeds
02-20-2011, 03:12 PM
I do business with tons of Yugos, I am part Yugo myself, we/they don't really think of ourselves as Canadians. Its just a nice country for us. Great country for us, to succeed in. But once Yugo, always Yugo. He may as you say, stay Canadian, but his heart......

trujaysfan
02-20-2011, 03:18 PM
You probably already know this Teeds but the reasons to defect in tennis are generally:

1. Funding - He is being fully funded my Tennis canada
2. Coaching - have him with Blanco, and tennis canada also has Bob Brett. 2 of the best coaches in the world
3. Wild Cards - has been given every opportunity we could possibly give to him, and now he will not need the wild cards.
4. Ego - if a player feels they were treated poorly when in juniors or if other players have been put ahead of them..... happened to a small extent with polansky and bester but is not a factor in this.

Like everything teeds this is a business and Canada is simply better for him.

trujaysfan
02-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Finals starting now on RS1

teeds
02-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Doesn't matter to me all that much. I don't get hung up on who is from where. I like his game, I am cheering for him today, but not because he is Canadian. That shit is for mooches. I cheer for players. Nationality means nothing to me, just as it means nothing to the people running this country.

I usually cheer for Roddick too, he is a fighter.

teeds
02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
If he beats Roddick, he is totally for real. Not that he isn't pretty serious. But if he beats Roddick, he is more than real, he is a star.

zeke
02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
you're cheering for him because he's canadian.

don't kid yourself.

teeds
02-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Ha? I tell you I am not. I like his game. I like big men who work on their running. Its a cool combo. Roddick is going to try and make him run and make him look awkward.

I usually cheer against Canadian tennis players, they are usually so arrogant and entitled. This kid is different. I like that.

But make no mistake, Roddick will expose any and ALL weaknesses this kid has. He will try and move him east and west and take the MPH off the serve from all the running. Its what I would do to the kid.

TheCountofMonteCristo
02-20-2011, 04:49 PM
you're cheering for him because he's canadian.

don't kid yourself.

exactly!

TheCountofMonteCristo
02-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Ha? I tell you I am not. I like his game. I like big men who work on their running. Its a cool combo. Roddick is going to try and make him run and make him look awkward.

I usually cheer against Canadian tennis players, they are usually so arrogant and entitled. This kid is different. I like that.

But make no mistake, Roddick will expose any and ALL weaknesses this kid has. He will try and move him east and west and take the MPH off the serve from all the running. Its what I would do to the kid.

Teeds do you cheer against the Canadian tennis players because they went further than you did?

teeds
02-20-2011, 06:26 PM
No. I just found Canadian tennis players spoiled rotten. But I like this kid. He seems balanced. Interesting that he found a way to win the second set. He has to be exhausted after winning the previous week. I keep waiting for him to wilt, but so far........

drewser
02-20-2011, 06:46 PM
He looked cooked when he was down 4-1, but doesn't look like he's going out quietly!

Fitzgerald#11
02-20-2011, 06:47 PM
hard to believe its his 1st year on the tour. crazy mature for his age

Hoss
02-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Roddick is drilling it and he's hitting 118... milos hits 150mph and doesn't look like his arm is producing that speed. Incredible really

Fitzgerald#11
02-20-2011, 07:07 PM
what a match point, Roddick defintely a scrapper the way he plays

Raonic defitnely for real though

wonder how he'll look the the clay next week

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
02-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Roddick used to be the heavy hitter on the tour when he came up but our Canadian kid makes him look puny. Amazing.

teeds
02-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Of all the players I wanted him to beat, I wanted him to beat Andy. Oh well, great run. This kid honestly should take a good week off. That is a ton of tennis, a ton. And he is still reasonably slight. But there is not much time off in pro tennis.

Impressive comeback from 4-1. Possibly the most impressive thing besides his serve is his touch around the net. He may have the best volleys since Sampras already. Something to watch for at Wimbledon.

trujaysfan
02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
hard to believe its his 1st year on the tour. crazy mature for his age

Funny thing about tennis, he has been on the tour for prob 3 years already just playing futures and challengers.

trujaysfan
02-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Of all the players I wanted him to beat, I wanted him to beat Andy. Oh well, great run. This kid honestly should take a good week off. That is a ton of tennis, a ton. And he is still reasonably slight. But there is not much time off in pro tennis.

Impressive comeback from 4-1. Possibly the most impressive thing besides his serve is his touch around the net. He may have the best volleys since Sampras already. Something to watch for at Wimbledon.

I am more looking forward to the French, he trains in Spain with a Spanish coach...... you would have to think he can play well on clay. Also what verdasco said about the kid will be will give extra incentive

drewser
02-20-2011, 08:00 PM
ArashMadani

Officially, the ATP just announced Raonic has finished with 129 aces for the week. Crushes the Memphis tournament record by 20 aces. #Milos

Fitzgerald#11
02-20-2011, 08:06 PM
hope he doesn't burned out, he's playing in Mexico this week, probably Tuesday. heres the draw

http://abiertomextenis.com.mx/draws_2011/draw2011.html

trujaysfan
02-20-2011, 08:09 PM
I see a semi final appearance for him this week but Ferrer will prob take him out.

teeds
02-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Three years already on the circuit? WOW. He is one in 100 million. Tennis is the stupidest sport to dedicate yourself to. No money at all in it. Unless you are the best in a country, or top thirty. Better off being Tim Brent.

drewser
02-20-2011, 11:54 PM
DamoSpin

Raonic to be ranked 37th in the world tomorrow. An amazing rise.

Bermygoon
02-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Ah crap I am in Puerto Vallarta this week, I would have went to Acapulco if I knew he was going to be there. CRAP!

teeds
02-21-2011, 06:55 AM
He might be advised to just tank the first round anyways. Kids played a ton. I don't see him beating Dolgopolov in the quarters. Or whatever round, on clay.

trujaysfan
02-21-2011, 12:03 PM
he has a better chance 2nd round than 1st, never want to play an Argentine on clay..... even if it is a no name player.

He is only playing this to get ready for davis cup action, he would have been better off playing the hard court tournament in the USA

teeds
02-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Is this kid used to the Mexican altitude? Or is not that bad in Aculpulco? Every time I went to Mexico I nearly fainted the first two days.

trujaysfan
02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Mexico city is the bad place for altitude, never really ready for it but he has played ITF's and lower level tournaments in mexico before so he should have an idea what he is getting himself into.

Bermygoon
02-22-2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah Aculpulco is on the ocean and therefore is at sea level. You sure it was the attitude giving you sickness teeds, could it have been the cerveza?

trujaysfan
02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Milos pulls out of tournament with a shoulder injury.

Personally i think this is more of an instance where he has move much faster than anyone in his camp thought he would and has played a ton of tennis recently.

A week or two of practice then Davis cup is a good plan for this kid instead of having the potential of him being burnt out before the summer season.

teeds
02-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Great move. The old shoulder injury excuse. Good going.

Fitzgerald#11
02-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Isn't Indian Wells right after the next Fed Cup? Was he thinking he was going to play 4 straight weeks???

trujaysfan
02-22-2011, 09:04 PM
ya i believe you sign-up 6 weeks in advance for these tournaments... so he signed up not thinking he would be play as many matches as this.

Fitzgerald#11
02-22-2011, 09:51 PM
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/02/22/raonic-has-canadians-thinking-tennis/

Bermygoon
02-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah great decision for him, no way anyone should be playing as much as he is during the 'off season' of tennis. If you factor in the Qs he played for the Australian it is just an amazing amount of tennis he has played the last couple of months.

It has been incredible to follow this guy though, like watching the space shuttle take off.

teeds
02-23-2011, 09:26 AM
With a serve like his, I honestly don't know what took his so long anyways. And a forehand. Heck, Jim Courier got to number one with less.

Fitzgerald#11
03-03-2011, 06:19 PM
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/03/03/raonic-making-tennis-must-see-tv-in-canada/

Sports fans will be served the rarest of Canadian television sporting events this weekend, thanks entirely to 20-year-old tennis phenomenon Milos Raonic.

Raonic’s spectacular start to the 2011 season prompted Rogers Sportsnet to make the decision to broadcast nationwide the Canadian Davis Cup team’s matches from Mexico starting Friday at noon on Sportsnet One.

Tennis Canada officials couldn’t remember the last time Canadians had a chance to watch their Davis Cup team compete in the annual international tournament other than a one-off broadcast in 2003.

Sportsnet and Tennis Canada officials also acknowledge that Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., is the reason the Davis Cup is on Canadian TV for the first time in eight years.

Last month, the broadcaster made a last-minute decision to show Raonic’s winning performance in the final of an ATP Tour event at San Jose. About 56,000 viewers watched. A week later, Raonic lost a thriller to Andy Roddick of the U.S. in the final at Memphis, and the Canadian audience jumped to almost 160,000.

teeds
03-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Good to see a tv broadcaster with some sense. And cents. I hope the kid is nicely rested And I hope we trash Mexico. But since it is IN Mexico, it will be very tough.

trujaysfan
03-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Canada up 2-1 with the doubles win yesterday..... Just need one of the matches today

teeds
03-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow, impressive, right IN Mexico as well.

Fitzgerald#11
03-06-2011, 02:04 PM
biggest test for Milson coming up this week in Indian Wells. Top 50 players in the world there

Fitzgerald#11
03-08-2011, 06:59 PM
heres his section of the draw to the QFs (Federer)

http://i56.tinypic.com/33xcylv.jpg

trujaysfan
03-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Wow sucks to be fish

Bermygoon
03-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Only a matter of time before Milos starts getting the first round pass. Anyways this will be a huge test, can't wait.

Fitzgerald#11
03-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Ronic 3rd rd matchup coming up on Snet1

he gets Federer in the quarters if he moves

Fitzgerald#11
05-08-2011, 04:11 PM
so Noval beats Nadal on clay to win in Madrid

he has not lost this year, 34 some odd matches to start the year

wow

teeds
05-08-2011, 06:28 PM
That is surprising, Nadal is probably hurtning big time again. We knew his career would be short.

teeds
05-25-2011, 08:32 AM
The kid is ALREADY showing signs of sciatica. This is the beginning of the end for him. Its what eventually got me down. Its murder.

, 2011

ESTORIL, Portugal Canadian Milos Raonic's impressive run at the Estoril Open ended abruptly Saturday.

The 20-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., retired 41 minutes into his semifinal contest against Spain's Fernando Verdasco with a back aliment after dropping the first set 6-4. It came mere hours after Raonic advanced to his first-career clay court semifinal after downing fourth-seeded Frenchman Gilles Simon 7-6 (7-4), 4-6, 6-3 in a quarter-final match that took two days to complete due to darkness.

The second-seeded Verdasco also needed two days to down South African Kevin Anderson 6-7 (2-7), 6-2, 6-3 in a quarter-final contest which finished in rain.

Raonic was broken in the final game of his first set against Verdasco, walked to the umpire's chair and shook hands to signify he was retiring. He had six aces to that point but never broke Verdasco.

"I felt pain this morning," said Raonic, "It started as a small pain and got worse and worse.

"I want to win badly but I had to look at this from a mature standpoint. I don't want to push it too much. I don't know what would become of it and it's a long tennis year still to come.''

Raonic said it was best he err on the side of caution.

"It's a tightness building in my back," he said. "But I have a good team around me and physios to treat this.

"I want to do as much as I can to help it heal quickly. I hope I can keep up the level I've shown over the last few weeks on clay."

Raonic had defeated Verdasco in their two previous meetings this season. Raonic earned his first career ATP title at the Spaniard's expense in San Jose in February, then defeated him the following week in an opening-round match in Memphis, Tenn.

After losing to Raonic in Memphis, Verdasco said he'd like nothing better than to get the Canadian on a clay court for a "real" match.

Verdasco will face Juan Martin del Potro in the final. Del Potro beat Pablo Cuevas 6-2, 7-6 (8-6) to advance to his second tournament championship of the season.

Earlier, the fifth-seeded Raonic had seven aces and five service breaks against Simon in a match that lasted a combined two hours 31 minutes.

Raonic captured the incomplete first set in a tiebreaker Saturday before Simon rallied to win the second.

Raonic stormed out to a 4-2 lead in the fourth but couldn't close it out as Simon saved two match points. But Raonic finally advanced on his third opportunity.

Note to readers: ADDS Raonic quotes.

trujaysfan
05-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Teeds the kid is winning rounds on RED clay a surface he has never played on until this year when he went to train in Spain. He is fine and losing in these tournaments may turn out to be the best thing for him.

He will get time to recover, rest, and prepare for the Grass season and then the big one, the Hard court season. He has no points to defend and is heading into the surfaces and season that suit him the best.

teeds
05-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Not good at all that he is getting sciatica already. Pretty young for that. Once that shit develops, its like a virus. In fact the few doctors that I found to be effective all thought that it is viral.

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
05-25-2011, 09:37 PM
You never quit do you. The only thing Milos Raonic has to worry about is his continued evolution into Tennis star. The French Open has been the black hole for many great chamnpions in the past, Pete Sampras being the biggest...even the legendary Roger Federer (though he has won one) have had trouble on clay.

The mere fact that you are talking like this gives me great confidence that he will evolve into a big time star. Much like Schenn's calves and Crosby is finished.

You are almost always wrong.

TheCountofMonteCristo
05-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Was funny watching Caroline Wozniacki from Denmark play Aleksandra Wozniak from Canada. Two former pollocks with almost the same name.

teeds
05-27-2011, 01:43 PM
You never quit do you. The only thing Milos Raonic has to worry about is his continued evolution into Tennis star. The French Open has been the black hole for many great chamnpions in the past, Pete Sampras being the biggest...even the legendary Roger Federer (though he has won one) have had trouble on clay.

The mere fact that you are talking like this gives me great confidence that he will evolve into a big time star. Much like Schenn's calves and Crosby is finished.

You are almost always wrong.

Almost always right you mean. Schenn does NOT have any calves. Nothing changed there.

And aren't you the sociopath who smoked too much pot one night? How can you face the light of day after an admission like that? Who smokes too much pot, except a complete lightweight who is afraid of his own shadow?

JaysCyYoung lite or what?

This kid is already on his way to being finished if he is featuring sciatica already, any guy who has played high level/pro tennis knows that.

This kid ain't no overnight success, he is another kid who has been pushed too hard and his body is starting to bring out the white flag.

corksens
05-27-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't see any mention of sciatica in that story.

teeds
05-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Guess you would have to be a tennis player and know that tightening of the back is 99.9% of the time sciatica. Comes from all the twisting, coiling, cutbacks, and serving.

If you can walk properly at 40 after playing pro tennis you are doing well. Milos has been grinding it out on the circuit for years, and like many guys trying to make it, has burned the candle big time.

Not to say he might not have some more big moments here and there, but if he has SAMMY(what we tennis players call sciatica) already, he might as well reserve a teaching job somewhere.

teeds
05-27-2011, 01:54 PM
And you guys sharing IP addresses again? C'mon, even you two lames know better than to challenge me on tennis. At least in five on five hack and chop you have a shot.

corksens
05-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm challenging your internet diagnosis, Dr. Nutbar.

teeds
05-27-2011, 01:58 PM
But you should join the Ottawa tennis Club or the Rideau, Ottawa has two of the greatest clubs in the world. Huge clubs, with cheap memberships which would cost 100 times that, in Toronto.

And like your alias, MLBB, your sharing your video/bowling disaster was downright weenie roast.

It wasn't sublime, it was sub LAME.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I find it funny that an internet tough guy like teeds loves tennis.

Play a real sport, nancy.

teeds
05-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Wow, should we call it a coincidence that three IP addresses have responded so quickly? Good god man, the emperor wears no clothes.

teeds
05-27-2011, 02:23 PM
And all the hockey/tennis players I know, Borg, Salming, Kaberle/Antropov/Bobby Smith/ Blake Dunlop acknowledge that tennis a hundred times more wicked to compete and play than hockey.

Of course a quadpolar puss like you wouldn't know anything about high end anything.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Play a real sport, nancy.

teeds
05-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Wow, you are so limited. All your aliases are limited. Its like fighting a guy with one slow move. Bring on some more aliases, and try to come up with one that has some semblance of skill.

I will take them all on.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Please, my quadpolar hips would DESTROY YOU. You INSECT of a pathetic little man.

TheCountofMonteCristo
05-27-2011, 02:52 PM
In a fight, I would put my money on Teeds, war of words, probably on JCY

teeds
05-27-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't even know if this guy exists. I think he is just some curmudgeons idea of a forumice cartoon character. I mean, seriously, Habsy strikes me as the kind of guy who has an enormous sense of humour. But a private one.

I mean the myriad of synergistic misnomers, BLACK/GREEN SHEEP/HORNET MapleLeafBlueJay/JaysCyYoung, get the obvious connections?

teeds
05-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Count, I wonder if any of these aliases even watched a dime of the tennis today at the French? Some decent tennis. Wozniacki was outed in big fashion, sorry to see those legs go out. But she has to lose the frills on those dresses, they are simply horrid looking.

TheCountofMonteCristo
05-27-2011, 05:01 PM
I like Caroline, she is cute.

Who wins the women's then, Sharapova?

TheCountofMonteCristo
05-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I like Caroline, she is cute. I didn't like the dress either.

Who wins the women's now? Sharapova?

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Sharapova is a babe.

What a sport though, eh? Where your only reason for watching is because of how hot the women are in their skimpy outfits.

Bet our resident no-calves, scalar mind control-fearing Barney just loves it. Especially since he likely wouldn't be able to play a set without his love handles flapping in the breeze.

teeds
05-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Heh, love handles, guess you haven't seen me lately. Now you, I seem to remember, are quite the CHUNKSTER. Related to IamJUNKASS?

teeds
05-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Who knows who wins the womens, most of the best women are watching this from home for some reason.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 07:54 PM
I'm almost 6'2 and 180 pounds. Very little fat anywhere.

Included in my weekly work-out repertoire are Royal Marines-level runs in addition to lifting/resistance.

You on the other hand, I distinctly recall being around 380 pounds and barely 5'10. Lay off the Doritos, jelly belly.

teeds
05-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Good god, I am less weight and one inch less. 380, you are in my opinion a total psychopath. A dangerous one at that. Just my opinion, but its shared around here. For some strange reason, the ones who share my opinion are private about it. Guess you scare them, me, I would love to meet you. But I doubt it would ever happen.

teeds
05-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Hey switch into one one of your colour alters, like BS or GH. This one is just a cranky psycho and the least interesting. Green Hornet is a good one.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Keep lying to yourself and the forum, chunky monkey.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Lot leaner than you. Your picture indicates a full on porker, but nice try. Good lord, your parents should ask for a refund.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:11 PM
We used to call second hand hangers on like you, semis as in semi tough, semi intelligent, semi fit etc... But seriously, you are a full on weenie. If I find you at any one of our forumice get togethers and its at my venue, I will embarass you myself and throw you out. Bad energy, and evil personality.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:12 PM
And lets call a spade a spade, you were the ugliest guy in all the pictures. By far. And I don't like saying that, I don't usually insult peoples looks, they cannot do much about it. Sorry dude, you lost.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Keep chirping chubby tubby. I know you cry yourself to sleep each night wondering why you're not on the ATP tour. Instead, it's spanking to pictures of Wilma Flintstone and trying to avoid the men in white coats.

You're just jealous my calves are so much thicker and powerful.

Don't test me, pie boy. I've got HAARP and scalar technology that makes your inventor's stuff look like child's play. I can destroy you and your entire stock portfolio if I so choose. All I have to do is call one of my agents and you'll be even more destitute than you are now.

You were eighty years ago fifty years ago. A TOTAL FRED AND BARNEY FRAUD.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Ugly looking and ugly personality. You lose.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 10:36 PM
You are a total Fred and Barney fraud. You only wish you could look as studly and boner-inducing as myself. Calfless, Luddite, schizophrenic, fatass.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Wow, you are an angry guy, but if I, or any of my friends or family were as ugly as you are, I suppose they might be pissed as well. I have some facial tech, that might help you if you are interested.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:43 PM
And using my Fred and Barney vernacular? heh, ugly, and stupid is a bad combo these days.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Take your best shot, wannabe tough guy.

I'm pretty much perfect. You only wish you could be an Adonis demi-God like me. Barney. I will destroy you with my technology at a time of my future choosing.

Stock up on water and dried food. YOU'RE ALL AGENDA.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Studly and boner inducing? Are you a fag as well? Your shorts are down to your knees you ugly goof, give up, you lost at birth. JEREMY. Shit, you are that Jeremy nutbar aren't you? Its JEREMY!!!!! Oh my god, you are still alive? Congratulations, can't believe you are alive. Its hard to be that stupid and survive nowadays.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Studly and boner inducing???????????????? That is the STUPIDEST thing anyone has every produced on ANY chatboard EVER. Congrats. Exposed.

LOSING.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://steveweagle.com/images/wilma.gif&sa=X&ei=8l_gTYrLAcLogAenoKSIAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEHODZ_vh-ZdQyEMd52pUUNshpccA

Don't get the keyboard sticky, fraud.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Goddamn nutbar Jeremy. WOW.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Wow, even I didn't think you'd be that fast. Gross.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Its JEREMYYYYYYY. Exposed. Exposed. Psycho, psychoman. Aliases up the ying yang homophobic JEREMY.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if you'd had enough oxygen at birth?

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Well, now that everyone knows who you are, you are FINISHED around here. At least for anyone who remembers your original personna. BYE.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Do you still love nature, despite what it did to you?

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow, you are so done here. JEREMY. Floyd thought you were the biggest psycho in internet history. And let me tell you. HE WAS RIGHT.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 10:52 PM
I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Seriously, you had better drop off the board, for the sake of utter humiliation. Or just switch into Green Hornet. Or BlackShit.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 10:54 PM
For those keeping score at home, my other aliases are:

*Habsy
*TheGreenHornet
*blacksheep
*Jeremy
*corksens
*MapleLeafBlueJayBoy

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Sorry bud, but now that everyone knows that you are that complete psycho Jeremy from all the other boards, you are DONE. Completely DONE.

Jeremy, holy shit, that is pathetic. I thought you did the right thing and LEFT. But no, you came back, dominated these poor guys, and wow, you are now exposed.

Just WOW. Jeremy.

teeds
05-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Guys, its Jeremy, if you ever believe another thing from this guy, well, good luck to that guy.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 11:00 PM
OH. MY. GOD.

I believe that we have just figured out who you really are, teeds.

TUCKERFAN93.

Same desperate cry for attention. Same multiple personality disorder. Same psychopathic tendencies.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. Well let me tell you something, TUCKERFAN, you are not welcome on here by the good, caring, intelligent hockey fans on my forum. And as Habsy it behooves me to ask for your quick departure.

teeds
05-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Jeremy, holy smokes. I figured you would re-appear. If this board is going to house you, I am so gone, to join BeLeafer.

teeds
05-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey, this is my only username on forumice. Ask Habsy. But Habsy should be ashamed, he must have known you were that useless tool Jeremy. A guy that wrecks a chatboard like Mollenhauser wrecks buildings.

teeds
05-27-2011, 11:04 PM
And as Habsy? Jeremy, you are the guy who is gone.

teeds
Listen to this guy. He is a total nutbar. he should have been in a white room seven years ago. I figured he was. Boy if I had known all this time, I would have smoked you out a long time ago.

JaysCyYoung
Hey, this is my only username on forumice. Ask Habsy. But Habsy should be ashamed, he must have known you were that useless tool Jeremy. A guy that wrecks a chatboard like Mollenhauser wrecks buildings.

You admitted three days ago that you had multiple aliases. So which is it, nancy?

teeds
05-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Lol. What a discovery. Makes the Bruins win a lot easier to take.

teeds
05-27-2011, 11:07 PM
I threw that out to smoke you out. Ask habsy, this is my only one. I bet he is cringing that your true identity came out though Mr. JEREMY. Wow, see ya later nutbar.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Your birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory, TuckerFan. You make me disgusted to be a Leafs fan.

teeds
05-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Heading out to meet friend, but people, its Jeremy. That is really all that needs to be said. Thanks for being stupid enough to allow me to figure it out.

teeds
05-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Who the heck is this tuckerfan? Jeremy even with your paltry intelligence you should know I was never anyone except teeder, teeds and Kailyn.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 11:10 PM
I threw that out to smoke you out. Ask habsy, this is my only one. I bet he is cringing that your true identity came out though Mr. JEREMY. Wow, see ya later nutbar.

Oh I plan to be sticking around for quite some time. And you had best starting to learn from your parent's mistakes: USE BIRTH CONTROL. You have been outed for the fraud you are, TuckerFan93.

Pathetic. Crawling back after all these years with your proverbial tail between your labia.

TheCountofMonteCristo
05-27-2011, 11:28 PM
I've seen a pic of Jeremy and then saw one of JCY on facebook, they aren't the same person

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Thank you alias #28.

TheCountofMonteCristo
05-27-2011, 11:32 PM
heheheheh, well you know what can I say

MindzEye
05-27-2011, 11:41 PM
This is either the best, or the worst thread I've ever seen on here.

JaysCyYoung
05-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Great thread... or greatest thread?

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.geekosystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/colbert-lockwood.jpg&sa=X&ei=CW3gTdXDOcq_gQeIvIHHBg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGpYeK_k4guqI_TSarK9Eb8ZcDB8g

MindzEye
05-27-2011, 11:44 PM
It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

Leafovic
05-27-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm surprised..Jays is one to always get out of conversations and mostly keep his cool. Maybe he is a psychopath?

jk lol

JaysCyYoung
05-28-2011, 12:08 AM
It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

YOU STUPID MONKEY!

teeds
05-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Just got back. He is Jeremy. All that needs to be said. To quote some famous words, it is finished. And I mean "it".

JaysCyYoung
05-28-2011, 12:41 AM
No, I'm not.

teeds
05-28-2011, 12:53 AM
You quit once, which was smart. Dissolve into another identity, heck, start your own chatboard, you could probably get 200 aliases and rank on the internet rankings quite high. But you are done here.

Montana
05-28-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm still holding out hope this all ends with the reveal that teeds is JCY.

teeds
05-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Please. Don't you remember psycho Jeremy? Its the same idiot. I knew that vicious fly off the handle temper was familiar.

JaysCyYoung
05-28-2011, 01:02 AM
You quit once, which was smart. Dissolve into another identity, heck, start your own chatboard, you could probably get 200 aliases and rank on the internet rankings quite high. But you are done here.

Nope. Been posting with the same group since July of 2000.

teeds
05-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Why didn't you tell everyone you were Jeremy? We could have been spared the lame attempt to appear different. Anyways, I am finished my work, I knew there was something extremely familiar about that temper. Its extreme, ugly and now identified. You can bash and flame me all you want, I feel content knowing who and what you are.

JaysCyYoung
05-28-2011, 01:07 AM
Jeremy was 5'10 with dark hair and wore eyeliner and eye shadow.

I'm 6'1.5 with blonde hair and I don't wear female make-up products.