PDA

View Full Version : Hey Nerds (XBMC Edition)

Leafyblue
01-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Ok, so this XBMC Media Player is the cat's behind. I've got Navi-X and IceFilms loaded on the thing and it's great. Can any of you suggest other add on's?

Deckie007
01-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Sportsdevil for streaming sports is decent. If you use hockeystreams.net they have a plugin for it. USTV Now is good as well, streams a few US Networks in HD.

Blueman
01-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Ok, so this XBMC Media Player is the cat's behind. I've got Navi-X and IceFilms loaded on the thing and it's great. Can any of you suggest other add on's?
So I downloaded XBMC to see what the fuss was about, but I don't get it. I have a media player that I use for viewing movies, is this an alternative?

Also, I could not find Navi-X or IceFilms under add-on's - what do they do?

Thanks in advance!

Leafyblue
01-05-2013, 08:30 PM
They seem to collect what's available online to watch and makes a nice list for you to choose from. It does take a bit to install them though...they don't show up on the add on's of XBMC..but if you google them, it shows you how to install them. I found this XBMC Hub Wizard that configures everything for you and installs the add on's automatically. Makes it really simple.
'

Blueman
01-05-2013, 09:05 PM
They seem to collect what's available online to watch and makes a nice list for you to choose from. It does take a bit to install them though...they don't show up on the add on's of XBMC..but if you google them, it shows you how to install them. I found this XBMC Hub Wizard that configures everything for you and installs the add on's automatically. Makes it really simple.
'

cool thanks,will try it out

Artnes
01-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Watched Skyfall, Zero Dark Thirty and Lincoln the past few days and all DVD quality or better. Great program

Leafyblue
01-05-2013, 10:02 PM
I just watched The Sweeney. Pretty good. Might just watch Django now.

Artnes
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Found and DVD scr for Django yet? Can't justify watching cam bs with a movie like that.

JaysCyYoung
01-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Go see Django in theatres. I think you'll really enjoy it.

hockeylover
01-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Watched Skyfall, Zero Dark Thirty and Lincoln the past few days and all DVD quality or better. Great program

How was ZD30?

da_next_kid
01-05-2013, 10:43 PM
1channel.ch

Blueman
01-05-2013, 11:55 PM
having issues with icefilms. It says its enabled but I cannot get into any directories/search for movies. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on a Mac.

Fitzgerald#11
01-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Watching zero dark thirty in DVD quality, how does this stuff leak so early??

hockeylover
01-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Awesome quality on mine too. Watching now.

Leafyblue
01-06-2013, 12:10 AM
Screeners for Oscar time consideration. I do get some enabled problems some days and then others it works fine.

CRL
01-06-2013, 12:18 AM
having issues with icefilms. It says its enabled but I cannot get into any directories/search for movies. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on a Mac.

works ok

Hoss
01-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Go see Django in theatres. I think you'll really enjoy it.

I went to go see it in the theatre, it was sold out.. came home went to 1channel.ch and watched Django in dvd screener. Man, I don't get what the fuss is for that movie. There is a fine line between homage and cheese, and QT really crossed it.

Hoss
01-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Also XBMC has been having issues with icefilms and 1channel. I go straight to the website as mentioned above and run the monitor to my hdmi in on the tv. Will watch ZD30 tomorrow methinks.

JaysCyYoung
01-06-2013, 02:23 AM
I went to go see it in the theatre, it was sold out.. came home went to 1channel.ch and watched Django in dvd screener. Man, I don't get what the fuss is for that movie. There is a fine line between homage and cheese, and QT really crossed it.

You are literally the first person I've come across who was not enamoured with the film. I'm rather surprised to be honest, but not everyone is a Tarantino fan.

worm
01-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Watching zero dark thirty in DVD quality, how does this stuff leak so early??

released for award show consideration

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Okay, what's XBMC and why do I need it? Sound like a media player... I assume it's better than VLC?

Artnes
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
http://xbmc.org/download/

http://code.google.com/p/navi-x/downloads/list

These are all you need. Everything is step by step on the pages in regards to installation. 10 mins and you will be streaming all the movies we have mentioned thus far.

XBMC is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub for digital media. XBMC is available for Linux, OSX, and Windows. Created in 2003 by a group of like minded programmers, XBMC is a non-profit project run and developed by volunteers located around the world. More than 50 software developers have contributed to XBMC, and 100-plus translators have worked to expand its reach, making it available in more than 30 languages.

Hoss
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I have been having major problems with it lately.. have uninstalled and installed a few times now, and I keep getting script errors for 1channel in the plug ins. anyone else having these problem? and what did you do?

I have a mac and have installed all the mac versions etc

Artnes
01-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I think mac versions are a little unstable. I have it on my ipad (jailbroken) and my PC and usually dont have issues.

I don't use anything but Navi-X typically. I find weekends there is a little more traffic so it can be a bit slower but thats about it.

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Cool, thanks... I'll have to download it and see what it is all about.

Artnes
01-06-2013, 01:10 PM
I love it. Once the jailbreak comes out for ATV3 I am done with cable.

zeke
01-06-2013, 01:22 PM

These are all you need. Everything is step by step on the pages in regards to installation. 10 mins and you will be streaming all the movies we have mentioned thus far.

so i install both of those.....then what?

Artnes
01-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Watch movies and shows. Its essentially a free Netflix with newer content. It even has Leafs TV

Read the how to install addons on the Navi-X wiki page to install that program. Once you do that you're home free

Hoss
01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
the best thing to do would be to download xbmc from above... then go to xbmchub (google that) and then download the xmbc hub wizard. this will give you all the add ons that are good. (ie 1channel, ice films, navi x etc in one easy set up.

First open XBMC then do the wizard (the website does some easy step by steps.) then just open XBMC go to video add ons... go through each link on the side, then navigate through movies, shows, etc. Navi X you have to go to the programs tab, then go to Navi X.

Obscure Docs, all seasons of shows, movies from anywhere. I have yet to search for any UFC or PPV events, but I would love to hear where people get the best ones.

PS.. Did a bunch of clean ups, and rebooted the comp and seem to be stable now with 1channel.

Artnes
01-06-2013, 01:30 PM
I had issues with the Hub on my ipad. it kept freezing it so i deleted it and just went with Navi-X. Maybe it was a coincidence.

zeke
01-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Watch movies and shows. Its essentially a free Netflix with newer content. It even has Leafs TV

Read the how to install addons on the Navi-X wiki page to install that program. Once you do that you're home free

dumb it down for me - from where do I search for movies?

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 01:42 PM
For the love of god, download and install this if you're new to XBMC

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/12/26/instantly-configure-xbmc-on-your-windows-computer-using-the-xbmchub-wizard-for-windows/

Artnes
01-06-2013, 01:45 PM

The opening page once you access the Navi-X program. Click on Media Portal

http://i1-mac.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/Navi-X_1.jpg?1343771041

Then Movies

http://tecknobuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/navi-x.jpg

Then depending on if you want to browse through specific movie channels or search for a specific movie click on the "search" or "most viewed in 24 hours" :most recently updated" etc.

http://ci82.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/navi-x-14.png

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM

Once you've added the right repositories (1 Channel, Navi X, etc) you would access those add on packs and look for content there.

Install XBMC

learn how to install programs from a zip file into xbmc, download the most popular ones (navi x, icefilms, 1 channel) in zip, install them. Then go to the link I've just posted. Download and install the wizard, exit out of XBMC & run the wizard. When the wizard is done, xbmc is much easier to deal with.

zeke
01-06-2013, 01:52 PM
can I just download the latest entry on the Navi downloads list or do I need all of them?

zeke
01-06-2013, 01:53 PM
ok, xmbc wizard complete, pc all good to go.

I think it's navi that I'm not doing right.

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 01:54 PM
can I just download the latest entry on the Navi downloads list or do I need all of them?

Just the newest one

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 01:55 PM
ok, xmbc wizard complete, pc all good to go.

I think it's navi that I'm not doing right.

Yeah, you need to learn how to install it from zip.

Best bet is to google "install xbmc addon from zip" and you'll find step by step instructions.

zeke
01-06-2013, 02:08 PM
thx

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 02:24 PM

Okay my options were 11.0 "Eden" or 12.0 "Release Candidate 3" so I chose the latter... assuming it's newer and better.

Artnes
01-06-2013, 02:30 PM
11.0 is more stable at the moment. I think 12.0 is a beta version.

Hoss
01-06-2013, 02:33 PM
yeah, I did the "frodo" and went back to Eden.

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Crap...ok I'll switch.

Blueman
01-06-2013, 02:36 PM
yeah, I did the "frodo" and went back to Eden.
ah.. had the frodo as well and had all kinds of issues. Will check out the Eden version

worm
01-06-2013, 04:49 PM
just get the daily update for frodo
it is good to go (not sure with navi x)

ill try this navi x thing out now

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm pulling my hair out. I can't seem to add on Navi x. I've tried these steps several times.

Explanation:

On XBMC:

1. Go to www.navi-x.org and click on "Downloads" then click the button that says "Download Navi-X" and save the file to your computers desktop.

2. Install XBMC on your computer or device if you have not already. You can get the latest "stable" and "unstable" builds at http://xbmc.org/download/

3. Once XBMC is installed open it and click on System > Addons > Install from Zip file. Select the location on your computer where you saved Navi-X and select the zip file.

4. Exit to the main screen of XBMC and check out "Programs"... Navi-X should be installed there. Make sure you always use the latest version of Navi-X and the latest "stable" version of XBMC, located in the primary download page for XBMC.

To update Navi-X, simply grab the latest copy on our website for XBMC.

Step 3 has me going in circles. Every time I get to the spot where I select the zip file from downloads it doesn't allow me to select it.

Artnes
01-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Save the Navi-X zip folder in your addons folder located in your XBMC folder on your hard drive. You will find it with step 3 then

Are you keeping the Navi filed in a zip state or unzipping it?

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Right after I post that, I figured it out. Now how do I get content.

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 05:03 PM

From Navi X? Follow Arty's directions on the previous page.

worm
stupid thing doesnt like me check out the movies.... i click on portal and it has an error

to install from zip....

go to programs.... hit the ".." it should then have the 2nd from the bottom as install from zip
go home...then downloads....or whever...the click the navi ZIP file

then go back to programs and click on navi x

Artnes
Programs, Addons, Navi-X, Media Portal. It is easy from there.

worm
01-06-2013, 05:04 PM
From Navi X? Follow Arty's directions on the previous page.

you use the portal link (top) i assume

though it isnt working well for me

once i made it to screen two

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 05:17 PM

remember to set up an account

http://www.navixtreme.com/

once your account is set up and the emailed link has been verified, make sure you sign in (hit escape to open up the side menu once you have navi x open)

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Looking for zero dark thirty and no matter where I click I get "cannot open file"

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 05:18 PM
stupid thing doesnt like me check out the movies.... i click on portal and it has an error

to install from zip....

go to programs.... hit the ".." it should then have the 2nd from the bottom as install from zip
go home...then downloads....or whever...the click the navi ZIP file

then go back to programs and click on navi x

Gotta set up an account first (free). Go to the link in my previous post, set up an account. Authenticate the account and then sign in to your navi x....

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 05:20 PM
remember to set up an account

http://www.navixtreme.com/

once your account is set up and the emailed link has been verified, make sure you sign in (hit escape to open up the side menu once you have navi x open)
Ahhhhh thank you sir. I'll try that

worm
01-06-2013, 05:20 PM
ahhh
seems more complicated that my current system

is it good with Live sports? if not Ill stick with current stuff

you running this on your boxee?

Hoss
01-06-2013, 05:24 PM
I don't bother with Navi X.... I get one of the wizrds on XBMC hubs, and it will install 1channel and ice films plus alot more. but 1channel and ice films has ALL the movies.

Artnes
01-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Does signing up for an account give you better access? I dont even have one and I rarely have issues

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Looking for zero dark thirty and no matter where I click I get "cannot open file"

I tried to open it from a few different sources and it was a no go for me as well

worm
signing in doesnt appear to fix things

worm
Does signing up for an account give you better access? I dont even have one and I rarely have issues

nope

MindzEye

I wasn't even able to access their content without signing in.

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 05:29 PM
ahhh
seems more complicated that my current system

is it good with Live sports? if not Ill stick with current stuff

you running this on your boxee?

No, not yet. I just started playing around with this on a platform I understand better (windows) a little while ago, I'm waiting until I'm comfortable with it until I try to tackle it on boxee. I will though.

To answer your question about sports, there seems to be a lot of sports streaming sites you can connect to (not to mention, Leaf TV)...so I'm optimistic.

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 05:31 PM
I don't bother with Navi X.... I get one of the wizrds on XBMC hubs, and it will install 1channel and ice films plus alot more. but 1channel and ice films has ALL the movies.

How do I get one of those?

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 05:32 PM

Follow the link I posted earlier today....install the wizard, run the wizard.

worm
01-06-2013, 05:37 PM
No, not yet. I just started playing around with this on a platform I understand better (windows) a little while ago, I'm waiting until I'm comfortable with it until I try to tackle it on boxee. I will though.

To answer your question about sports, there seems to be a lot of sports streaming sites you can connect to (not to mention, Leaf TV)...so I'm optimistic.

Oh. Ive been doing xmbc for a long time....never even bothered with the add ons though....just connect the thing to my server. Have a media PC and the pivos media player running it now. Pivos has some issues with me so I was wondering about the boxee.

Never tried xmbc on windows until today. Hehe.

Googled this cannot open file issue at it seems to be quite common with no real fix (there end not ours)

Hoss
01-06-2013, 05:47 PM

google XBMC hub.. on there they have downloads of files that will configure your xbmc with all the major downloads. As mentioned earlier, I have found some trouble with Navi X but with the wizrd cinfiguration they put all the major add ons for you. All you have to do is go to the video tab, click add ons, then go to 1channel and click movies or shows, latest, or search and its streams pretty instantly. occasionally on my mac I have connection issues.

Last night I watched Django streaming from the webpage 1channel.org I think and despite a few pop ups, I streamed it to my tv from my computer through the monitor out to HDMI.

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 06:07 PM
google XBMC hub.. on there they have downloads of files that will configure your xbmc with all the major downloads. As mentioned earlier, I have found some trouble with Navi X but with the wizrd cinfiguration they put all the major add ons for you. All you have to do is go to the video tab, click add ons, then go to 1channel and click movies or shows, latest, or search and its streams pretty instantly. occasionally on my mac I have connection issues.

Last night I watched Django streaming from the webpage 1channel.org I think and despite a few pop ups, I streamed it to my tv from my computer through the monitor out to HDMI.
I'll give that a shot. I'm having no luck with navi-x right now. It installed but I can't view shit.

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 06:21 PM
For the love of god, download and install this if you're new to XBMC

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/12/26/instantly-configure-xbmc-on-your-windows-computer-using-the-xbmchub-wizard-for-windows/

I know I'm probably getting annoying, but I downloaded this but now I can't figure out how to install it on XBMC.

MindzEye
01-06-2013, 06:24 PM
I know I'm probably getting annoying, but I downloaded this but now I can't figure out how to install it on XBMC.

You don't, you run is seperately from windows. make sure you close XBMC first before you run it...

Habspatrol
01-06-2013, 06:35 PM
You don't, you run is seperately from windows. make sure you close XBMC first before you run it...

:explode

Artnes
01-06-2013, 06:43 PM
yeah stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiiiiid

Deckie007
01-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Teeds would have figured it out.

blacksheep
01-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Teeds would have figured it out.

Even with all that EMF being generated by the large screen? I doubt it...

johnboy1973
05-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Which add on gives u movie screeners?

SundinsTooth
05-12-2014, 07:57 AM
1channel is a good one.

CRL
05-12-2014, 08:22 AM
1channel is a good one.

icefilms is better

abcanada
09-22-2014, 03:35 PM

Can you tell me where I can find Leafs Tv? I have searched a few different places now Navix included and no luck. Thanks