• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Official Log of Incompetent Officials

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Okay, I've decided to create a thread for the purpose of venting over the sheer shitiness that is NHL officiating and to keep a log of potential point losses and which Officials are the most incompetent. I won't bother with non-calls or weak calls. This will be for egregious mistakes that directly affect the game. To be fair I will also mark down when it happens to one of our opponents too.

If you don't like it, don't participate.

December 29th, 2013

Montreal @ Florida

Disallowed goal - Reason : Highstick @ blueline
Ref: L'Ecuyer
Replay result: puck was contacted by a Panther stick not Habs stick

Disallowed goal - Reason: Goalie contact
Ref: L'Ecuyer
Replay result: Galchenyuk pushed into goalie

Potential points lost = 1-2

December 31, 2013

Montreal @ Carolina

Habs up 3-0 heading into 3rd

11 penalties called against the Habs, 3 5-on-3

Refs: Mike Hasenfratz, Ghislain Heber

Potential point loss = 1

January 2, 2014

Montreal @ Dallas

Penalty shot called on takedown with Markov standing in crease

Referee: Dave Jackson

Potential point loss = 0

January 4th, 2014

Ottawa @ Montreal

Goal waived off due to early whistle

Ref: Marc Joannette

Potential point loss = 1

Here's the irony of the past 4 games and crappy officiating... they're all from Quebec.

That call on PK gave Ottawa the win. That was a standard defensive play that happens numerous times every game. It's still the way young players are taught today, tie up your man heading to the net.

Not to mention the non-call on the trip on Moen just prior. It's all academic if Joannette doesn't blow the whistle right before the Habs scored. This was a clear cut case of a ref affecting the outcome.

I need this thread to vent as I really, really hate NHL officiating.

Call it prevention of going postal.

Wait, you mean there is stuff on TV other than sports?

Can you bet on the outcome of the court case?

Next time you come down you need to bring the Fam up for a BBQ man. I think my little one would love swimming and playing with your kids.

You can go further than that, and not just for the Habs. I've said it and I'm saying it again. There is right now a betting scandal not known in the NHL with officials, one like in the NBA 15-20 years ago. That with the NHL, trying to get some kind of "parity" in the NHL, helping small markets to get a chance at making the playoffs. Not something evident, but you know, like in Carolina, give a chance so the team can looks like its a good team...

Back