• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Jeff Skinner Named NHL First Star of the Week

I was impressed that Skinner actually won some faceoffs last night. I don't recall him winning too many in the past.

Very nice to see Skinner getting the recognition he deserves. Who knows, maybe Anton Khudobin will be next!

It would be even more special if the Staals and Semin were to be as deserving of recognition.

I thought Semin was really good last night. He cut down on the solo attacks and made a lot of little possession plays in addition to scoring that nifty little goal. I like where is game is heading lately.

Just for the record.

Congrats to skinner, very well deserved.
It will be curious to see how the first line continues play without staal.

I thought Semin was really good last night. He cut down on the solo attacks and made a lot of little possession plays in addition to scoring that nifty little goal. I like where is game is heading lately.

Just for the record.

agree. Looked like he recognized the opportunity to be a leader.

agree. Looked like he recognized the opportunity to be a leader.

And I look forward to him continuing to value quality over quantity in his shot selection going forward. He's really been bombing a lot lately, but took it back a notch and only looked at the net when he had legit openings the other night. I liked the patience level a lot.

And on the day of the announcement I picked up the Jeff Skinner bobblehead Stef send over to me! Yey!!

Back