PDA

View Full Version : The Official Gleason > Thread

Killer93
01-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Gleason has been a great pick up. He blocks shots, takes the body, kills penalties, and has brought a dynamic that we were sorely lacking on our blue line. After taking a puck to the nuts last game in a blocked attempt, I believe de deserves appreciation.

Gleason > Liles

Metalleaf
01-30-2014, 12:28 PM
http://school.discoveryeducation.com/clipart/images/backbone.gif

MindzEye
01-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Gleason > Cory Cross

johnunit
01-30-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm sure everyone will sour on him pretty quickly, like every other defensive defenseman of the last decade or so. But yeah great start.

MindzEye
01-30-2014, 12:44 PM
I don't remember anyone souring on Yushkie, or Svehla, or even Ken Klee before he fell to shit.

Metalleaf
01-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Gleason has a chance to be effective like Klee was, maybe even Yushkevich.

Rumpleforeskin
01-30-2014, 12:58 PM
Have to say, I wasn't happy about picking him up. I was wrong, he's been solid, which is a big change for our d

zeke
01-30-2014, 01:17 PM
He's been solid, but remember our D nor our PK hasn't really been any better with him in there - its our offense that has spurred thr recent winning.

MyNameIsJonas
01-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Maybe it goes to show that Carolina/Rutherford have no earthly clue what they are doing?

Is that so far fetched?

mbow30
01-30-2014, 01:24 PM
He's been solid, but remember our D nor our PK hasn't really been any better with him in there - its our offense that has spurred thr recent winning.

not having to play phaneuf for the entire last 3 minutes of close games has been helpful. and probably why the leafs suddenly aren't horrible when the other team pulls the goalie.

Pronger84
01-30-2014, 02:14 PM
I love the pickup, then again I believe in in your face type defensive play. This guy brings it- He usually is in good defensive positoning, he challenges the puck carrier, he uses his body to block shots, he's a surprisingly fluid skater, when he does have the puck he doesn't try to be cute with it instead he makes the smart/safe play.

Montana
01-30-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't remember anyone souring on Yushkie, or Svehla, or even Ken Klee before he fell to shit.

Yushkevich + Markov will be my personal favourite Leafs pairing until the day I die. Goddamn I loved those pricks.

Killer93
01-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Yushkevich + Markov will be my personal favourite Leafs pairing until the day I die. Goddamn I loved those pricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2rhL26uIYw

zeke
01-30-2014, 03:12 PM
not having to play phaneuf for the entire last 3 minutes of close games has been helpful. and probably why the leafs suddenly aren't horrible when the other team pulls the goalie.

Yeah, at least it has settled the D into steady pairs with defined pairs - shutdown top pair + physical 2A pair + mobile 2B pair - but i'm not so sure that 2A pair is as good defnsively as randy might start thinking it is. Iirc, if we're talking about the closing minutes defense, i think 2A was on the ice when bernie robbed marty.

Pronger84
01-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Yes it was Franson and Gleason on the ice for that play, Franson just stood there and waved his stick in a pitiful attempt to intercept the pass. Actually I can't fault him largely for it, whoever it was covering Hedman did a piss poor job taking him out of the play, had Hedman gets knocked out of the play then there is no pass to St Louis and Bernier doesn't have to scramble to make a high light reel save.

zeke
01-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Randy blamed kadri on that play but i'm not sure why the centre is responsible for a winger down at the goalline on a rush. Not sure wher the heck gleason was there,

Pronger84
01-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Randy blamed kadri on that play but i'm not sure why the centre is responsible for a winger down at the goalline on a rush. Not sure wher the heck gleason was there,

Yea that was Kadri's fault for not staying in front of Hedman, also Kessel was just skating around out there not taking a man. Gleason god love the guy but he was puck watching on the play, like Kessel he wasn't covering any one out there.

I looked at the 2nd replay of it

It started with Gleason not playing the body which allowed the pass to Hedman, bad play there. Once the puck was on Hedman's stick Franson backs up towards the net instead of charging Hedman, Kadri tried to intercept the pass but got behind Hedman, then the pass comes towards Franson and it looks like it hits his stick before landing on St Louis's stick for the shot. Bad defensive coverage all around, I counted at least 3 big break downs in the Leafs end before the save.

LeafGm
01-30-2014, 03:46 PM
This is looking like one of those trades that's a big win for both teams. Liles has apparently looked great in Carolina too, so both him and Gleason are thriving after moving from teams where they were redundant to new teams that were sorely lacking what each of them bring to the table on the back end.

Kudos to Nonis. I hated the idea of this trade the entire time it was in the rumour mill.

Wayward DP
01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
This is looking like one of those trades that's a big win for both teams. Liles has apparently looked great in Carolina too, so both him and Gleason are thriving after moving from teams where they were redundant to new teams that were sorely lacking what each of them bring to the table on the back end.

Kudos to Nonis. I hated the idea of this trade the entire time it was in the rumour mill.

Yup. Pleasantly surprised by Gleason thus far.

mbow30
01-30-2014, 04:30 PM

dude pulled up with the puck, sent it cross ice... gleason had him. that was gleason's man (the initial puck carrier).

st louis WAS kadri's man, but kadri followed the pass and forgot about st. louis.

it also didn't help that franson left so much space between himself and the left winger ,which is why kadri skater over. and once kadri skated over, franson should have taken st louis, which he didn't.

but watch it again. gleason did what he was supposed to.

LeafOfFaith
01-30-2014, 04:31 PM

Yeah, very solid pick up, and has quashed Carlyle's sick fetish of using entirely awful players to play D for us.

Pronger84
01-30-2014, 04:33 PM
The breakdown did start with Gleason though. He didn't play the body on #18, which allowed the pass to Hedman... Kadri did his best to intercept the pass between Hedman/St Louis but he ended up getting himself beyond Hedman. Franson was too far back on the play which left a lot of room and time for Hedman to make the play, also the puck deflected off his stick (why he was in front of the net was beyond me) allowing St Louis to fire off that near goal.

Preston_Mizzi
01-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Advanced stats say Bozak and Phaneuf are our worst Pkers and Gleason is our best BY FAR.

LeafOfFaith
01-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Phaneuf does drive me crazy on the PK. He NEVER takes the man in front of the net. He's always floating around trying to chase or intercept.

Not sure why they haven't taught him to just keep it simple.

Pronger84
01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Thats Phaneuf's biggest flaw IMO he's very poor at taking the guy in front of the net

zeke
01-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Advanced stats say Bozak and Phaneuf are our worst Pkers and Gleason is our best BY FAR.

Maybe, but our pk has nosedived since gleason got here.

Blueman
01-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Not sold on Gleason. At all.

Hoping he keeps it up though.

rated
01-30-2014, 06:20 PM
So far so good, but it's hard to really judge on only 12 games.

LeafOfFaith
01-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Maybe, but our pk has nosedived since gleason got here.

Nosedived how? From 28th to 29th?

MindzEye
01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Huge

zeke
01-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Where the **** is ptbnl to be my stats bitch? ****.

Pronger84
01-30-2014, 06:35 PM
Where the **** is ptbnl to be my stats bitch? ****.

I'll be your stats bitch for today zeke.

Metalleaf
01-30-2014, 06:37 PM
http://sa.peteyproductions.net/savedimage/emptyquote/muppet%20head%20turn.GIF

Hoss
01-30-2014, 06:41 PM

Agreed

my second fave was Lefebvre and Rouse. For some reason Lefebrve was so solid as a leaf and dies off later on

zeke
01-30-2014, 06:45 PM
PK with Gleason in the lineup: 71.8%
PK W/O Gleason in the lineup: 79.7%

BOOYAKASHA

Preston_Mizzi
01-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Now do goals against per minute with Gleason vs the other Leafs.

zeke
01-30-2014, 06:48 PM
Agreed

my second fave was Lefebvre and Rouse. For some reason Lefebrve was so solid as a leaf and dies off later on

Leafs fans know nothing about defense.

Bottom pair plug lefebvre gets worshipped at the same time hall of famer murphy gets booed out of town.

Volcanologist
01-30-2014, 06:49 PM
79.7 would get us to 25th.

zeke
01-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Now do goals against per minute with Gleason vs the other Leafs.

Get on it, P84.

Pronger84
01-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Get on it, P84.

I'm on it.

Pronger84
01-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Here ya go Zeke http://www.extraskater.com/team/toronto-maple-leafs/2013

blacksheep
01-30-2014, 09:18 PM
He blocks shots and is the best volleyball player on the team.

heh

Metalleaf
01-30-2014, 10:40 PM
James Mirtle
Gleason on the abuse he's taken lately: "Pucks are hitting me. I’d rather them hit me then go in the net."

Mark Masters
Gleason on what allowed him to play thru shoulder injury: "Special juice (holds up cup w pink substance) ... Want to try some?"

leafman101
01-31-2014, 03:01 PM
Mark Masters
Rielly: "When you're playing pain-free & see Gleason battling you're like, 'Hey, maybe I should block a few so he can have some time off'"

Franson on Gleason: "He doesn’t get too excited about things. The rest of the group feeds off that."

Lupul on Gleason: "He's just kind of the exact player we needed"

MindzEye
01-31-2014, 03:07 PM
What a brilliant trade.

MindzEye
01-31-2014, 03:08 PM
Which bodes a question....

Is he simply just playing better for us than he did for the Canes? I mean, their blueline is shit...how the **** did he play his way off of it.

MyNameIsJonas
01-31-2014, 03:14 PM

Is he simply just playing better for us than he did for the Canes? I mean, their blueline is shit...how the **** did he play his way off of it.

Rutherford?

leafman101
01-31-2014, 03:17 PM
He was fine last year. He just got a concussion at the beginning of October, and when he came back he had some other injuries.

He wasn't really healthy until December, and I guess it just took a month to get his legs back under him.

Bleedsblue&white
01-31-2014, 03:30 PM

I wonder if he didn't just skate into the perfect situation. He was pretty well exactly what we needed, and his filling such a glaring hole didn't just help us, it made us look better as a whole.
He's not doing anything stupid either...what with Franson and co. having massive brain cramps daily, he looks even better again.

Montana
01-31-2014, 03:37 PM
This thread needs more quotes from when we originally acquired Gleason....

MapleLeafBlueJayBoy
01-31-2014, 03:45 PM
Gleason has been a breath of fresh air. Would love to acquire another guy like him for the back end.

zeke
01-31-2014, 04:01 PM
yeah, very strange that carolina wouldn't play him on their crappy blueline. weird.

hockeylover
01-31-2014, 04:02 PM

So weird when we first got him how many Canes fans talked about how slow he is but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

MindzEye
01-31-2014, 04:17 PM

M.e

He's basically a better version of what Randy Carlyle wishes Fraser was.

I do think that we have some general team toughness issues, and Gleason is a guy who can partially address that while taking a regular shift.

Can he possibly be slower than Fraser? *in response to HL's concern towards his speed*

One thing I'm hoping Gleason is adept at is creating separation between his check and the puck during the defensive zone cycle situations. One of our biggest defensive problems is the general inability for most of our defenders (and most of our wingers) to win 1 on 1 puck battles and get the puck up and out. We spend entire shifts just chasing the puck around the outside of the zone. As much of a proponent as I am for shot quality, you simply can't allow that type of zone time and not expect it to burn you regularly.

M.jew

this guy could REALLY SKATE 3-4 years ago. he has probably slowed down but i find it hard to believe he is now fraser or komisarek slow.

i thikn people have fallen so in love with the ideas of puck moving d-men and that you need good skaters on the back end, and that defensive guys who are maybe less mobile are overrated... that they have lost sight of the facts that you don't need 6 puck moving d-men, that a team with a group of 6 dmen who all move the puck and skate decently (like the leafs) can still be total shit defensively, and that just because 'defensive dmen' get overrated doesn't mean that there isn't a role for them.

gleason's skating might burn him some times.

but, you know... franson's risk taking burns him some times. gardiner's passing burns him a lot of the time.

liles was a totally redundant piece. they have 2 defensemen who do what he does better than he does it and two young guys who probably do it as well (and at least one of whom certainly will with experience). they have two other guys who can play on a second pp unit if needed.

he was a one dimensional offensive defenseman -- the last thing this team needs.

gleason isn't going to solve all of their problems defensively, but he plays a pretty stalbe game and will add some physicality so he should help them take a step towards improving.

the leafs d kind of sucks. they are all talented, but ranger and franson are both mitsake prone, high risk players, gardiner is a pretty bad decision maker and rielly is 19... which has led to a whole shit ton of bad defensive play.

they need a guy or two who can stabilize the 4/5/6 spots. again, gleason should be able to help there. at the very least, he'll help

Zeke

Fits as a righty bottom pair D if he's healthy. Hopefully he's better than komi.

nice to see Randy not handing Gleason a spot right away, especially since we're on a 4-0-2 streak.

The only really good thing about this trade is that it likely means Fraser is waived soon enough.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Ranger beat out Gleason fair and square. Ranger seems to have cut down on the brainfarts since Randy gave him that public ego boost in that press conference a week or two ago. And without the brainfarts, Ranger is very good.

Deckie

Gleason makes $125K more than Liles...salaries are a wash really. Not a fan, but there's no cap implications with this deal.

Feyd

I don't really understand the Gleason obsession either. He's gotta be better than Komi... no? Strange.

ForeverTML

WTF is the fascination with Gleason? He is a Komi clone. UGH

Killer

**** sake; better be sending salary back and Canes better retain salary

So Leafs take a crappier d-man with a worse contract AND give a prospect?

Yea Ranger has been much better lately, I can only see Gleason getting in if Ranger self destructs or Carlyle pulls a Carlyle and benches Gardiner or Rielly

Matrim

Gleason isn't far removed from being a very solid top 4 dman. He had a concussion early in the season and has taken some time to come back. It's not like Liles is playing nor will be given the chance. As long as the prospect isn't anyone like HL said then I'm fine with this.

Liles should see plenty of PP time for the Canes and will probably go right back to putting up 30-40 pts.

HL

Worth a shot I guess. We'll see.

I'm worried about his speed personally.

Habsy

Gleason brings more jam than Liles but I don't see why this trade is needed for the Leafs.

If Gleason is on your second pairing consistently you guys are in trouble. Serious mobility issues on that guy.

TruJays

It's not Toronto without having 1 overpaid immobile 6th defencemen

Montana

This will end up being a good deal for us....we traded a guy who couldn't crack our lineup often enough and was a similar styled Dman to what we already had, for a guy who will play every night and will be a 3rd or possibly even 2nd pairing guy for us.

Gives us more of the physical edge we needed....

He was third in ice time for the Canes last year and 1st in PK mins.....he was a top four Dman for them last year.

To think we didn't benefit from just adding him for a guy who couldn't crack our lineup the last two seasons, is silly.

Jayz

I like the trade. It gives the Leafs an important dimension on defence physically and defensively that they were previously lacking.

Liles is probably the better defender between him and Gleason, but JML's skill set was unfortunately redundant given the existing personnel on the blue line. We should be a much tougher team to play against ultimately with this trade and for Liles it gives him a chance to be a top four defenceman again.

LM101

Upgrade on ranger and Fraser. Bad contract but at least that money isn't wasting away anymore.

JackBurton

Well we got a guy that wasn't good enough to crack the Canes lineup.

MNIJ

There is no way to call this a bad trade for the Leafs.

It probably means Mark Fraser never plays again.

leafGM

Like I said prior to this trade breaking, I think we just traded a better defenseman for a worse defenseman that's making slightly more money. But in the end, it's essentially cap neutral and Liles wasn't really playing for us anyways, so it's not a big deal. I just hope that we never at any point this season see Gleason playing while one of Rielly or Gardiner is sitting on the side-lines as a healthy scratch. If he's just here to compete with Mark Fraser and Paul Ranger for our 6th defense slot, I'm OK with it.

On that front though, you have to figure another shoe's going to drop there. How long will we carry eight healthy defensemen on the NHL roster? Either someone else is getting traded, or Gleason is Carlyle's desired replacement for Fraser, and he'll be getting a one-way ticket back to the AHL.

Leafin

The more i read up on Gleason, the more i like the trade.

Decent fit to the team, would be even better if he was a righty. Though i find the Lefty-righty thing not to be as big a deal as some.

Hopefully he is what we had hoped Komisarek was going to be when we got him.

Metalleaf
01-31-2014, 04:22 PM
LOL at Killer93 and ForeverTML, Legion of Doom.

LeafGm
01-31-2014, 04:26 PM
Like I said prior to this trade breaking, I think we just traded a better defenseman for a worse defenseman that's making slightly more money. But in the end, it's essentially cap neutral and Liles wasn't really playing for us anyways, so it's not a big deal. I just hope that we never at any point this season see Gleason playing while one of Rielly or Gardiner is sitting on the side-lines as a healthy scratch. If he's just here to compete with Mark Fraser and Paul Ranger for our 6th defense slot, I'm OK with it.

On that front though, you have to figure another shoe's going to drop there. How long will we carry eight healthy defensemen on the NHL roster? Either someone else is getting traded, or Gleason is Carlyle's desired replacement for Fraser, and he'll be getting a one-way ticket back to the AHL.
Hmm, not too bad, actually. I'm sure there's a lot more commentary from me about this deal from when it was a rumour that's a lot more negative than this.

And it looks like things turned out pretty much as I'd hoped, roster-wise---Gleason booted Ranger and Fraser out of the lineup and not Rielly or Gardiner, and moving out Fraser ended up being the solution to the problem of us carrying eight defensemen on the NHL roster.

MindzEye
01-31-2014, 04:31 PM
That was my main concern prior to the trade when I heard the Gleason rumours.

I didn't picture

Gunner-Dion
Gleason-Franson
Gardiner-Rielly

I pictured

Gunner-Dion
Ranger-Franson
Gleason-Gardiner/Rielly

With the 2 kids fighting each other for playing time and Ranger being exempt for the competition because something something veteran.

Wayward DP
01-31-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure when this was being rumoured I wasn't a huge fan, but am happy to have been proven wrong in this case

leafman101
01-31-2014, 04:42 PM
While we are patting ourselves on the back...from before the trade:

I think I'd do the Liles for Gleason swap. He looked fine in the game last night. He's just a much bigger guy than Liles. He's much more difficult to play against down low.

And really Liles hasn't been very good.

At the end of the day Liles is a bad contract that the team doesn't have much use for. Swapping it for another bad contract that is more like what the team needs might be the best bet.

LeafOfFaith
01-31-2014, 04:57 PM
I never chimed in?

Wayward DP
01-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Gleason > Beauchemin?

Metalleaf
01-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Lets not say things we'll regret.

MindzEye
01-31-2014, 05:15 PM
I found some pre trade stuff from when Jayz mentioned that he had heard something from Friedman, and before Liles was mentioned in the media as a possibility.

Zeke

I could care less about giving Biggs up, but Gleason would most likely clear waivers at this point.

Liles is better than Gleason, and cheaper.

Leafin

I dont get whats so special about Tim Gleason? I don't really see where he improves our team.

4 million upgrade on Fraser? Is this team f*cked? I hope we arent in on this.

I don't get the point in acquiring the Clarkson version of Defenders.

All things considered, I'd rather have komisarek.

M.e

Dreger was reporting on Sunday that Gleason could be moved by "mid week". As a chippy #6 that can actually play hockey, to replace Fraser, and if Liles is going the other way, then I don't hate it. I don't see much of a point other than swapping a guy with a skill set we don't have a lot of, for a guy with a skill set we have a boat load of.

If it's because the intent is to play Fraser & Gleason over Rielly, Ranger, Gardiner, Franson...then it's ****ing gash. If it doesn't include Liles contract going the other way, it's ****ing gash.

He's better than Fraser. Serves much the same purpose in life. Hits, blocks shots but is adequate with the puck instead of being a fumble****. He'd be an upgrade on Fraser, nothing more. An expensive upgrade on Fraser.

Jew

the gleason of a few years ago is the sort of player this team needs. but he lost a step and is now a liability earning way too much money.

i think he'd help because he does a pretty good job of keeping guys, and the puck, in front of him and knows how to break up a cycle but hi scontract is an albatross and, frankly, im' not even sure how they'd fit it in.

Is Gleason really better than Liles? I highly doubt that ... I don't understand why Gleason may be an answer in any way, shape or form. The fact he can't even help the struggling Canes tell us something.

And sure he's better than Fraser, but the question is whether Carlyle would play him ahead of Fraser. Liles himself is better than Fraser and he's down at the AHL.

Here's a trade suggestion - acquire Liles from TOR for nothing, and play him in #6 spot ahead of Fraser.

The bonus will be Liles will work his a$$ off every shift as if it's his last. That's the little desperation that can get this team out of the slump.

LeafGM

I'm hoping this Gleason chatter is all BS. Trading Liles for a worse player with a richer contract would be the epitome of stupid.

Seriously, how about we just call up Liles already?

Volc

Yeah, he might actually be able to make a good pass out of the zone.

Gleason isn't the answer at this point of his career.

Nonis would be better off moving one of our other dmen for something useful and then putting Liles back in the lineup in an offensive role, rather than moving him for another bad contract that won't help us.

BKerr

Mike Komisarek is playing ahead of Tim Gleason.

Thats all you need to know.

Pronger84
01-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Lets not say things we'll regret.

I think Gleason is a lot more effective here then Beauchimen was in Toronto.

Montana
01-31-2014, 05:18 PM
All things considered, I'd rather have komisarek.

awesome

Volcanologist
01-31-2014, 05:25 PM
I think it's fair to say Gleason has played better than anyone anticipated.

Leafin'
01-31-2014, 05:34 PM
LOL.

He's played significantly better than anyone could have expected.

He's quickly become my favorite defenceman on the team. If we had this guy in the final minute of game 7 vs Boston last year, we would've made it to the 2nd round.

Pronger84
01-31-2014, 05:43 PM

I never anticipated he'd play THIS well, he's a ****in warrior man he's gonna be gold in the playoffs.

blacksheep
01-31-2014, 06:04 PM

You mean the rest of you anticipated.

Montana
02-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Where Gleason has ranked amongst Leafs Dmen in TOI per game...in his first 13 games here...

1) 15:55 = 5th
2) 18:11 = 4th
3) 19:00 = 5th
4) 16:22 = 6th
5) 19:37 = 4th
6) 20:56 = 4th
7) 21:30 = 2nd
8) 21:36 = 4th
9) 18:28 = 4th
10) 18:23 = 5th
11) 17:43 = 6th
12) 18:33 = 5th (Gards played a second more)
13) 23:40 = 1st

....he's basically become a 2nd pairing Dman for us (particularly at ES), he just turned 31, costs $4 million per year and is locked up for two more seasons after this one.......this may very well turn out to be a very key cog that Nonis acquired for us. Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep up this level of play.

LeafOfFaith
02-01-2014, 03:20 AM
I never anticipated he'd play THIS well, he's a ****in warrior man he's gonna be gold in the playoffs.

Don't be modest.

GEEMAN
02-01-2014, 07:56 AM
he is better than Fraser was

Gleason is fine , play him in the right role , dont expect a flashy game

he is ok , with 2 years left on the cap

JaysCyYoung
02-02-2014, 11:50 AM
LOL.

He's played significantly better than anyone could have expected.

He's quickly become my favorite defenceman on the team. If we had this guy in the final minute of game 7 vs Boston last year, we would've made it to the third round.

FYP, sir.

Leafin'
02-02-2014, 02:50 PM
You could be right, but i have no doubt that he wouldve made a shot block in the final minute there.

JaysCyYoung
02-02-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm simply stating that there is no way that last year's Leafs team doesn't annihilate the Rangers. It should have been a Leafs-Pens conference final match-up.

LeafGm
02-02-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm simply stating that there is no way that last year's Leafs team doesn't annihilate the Rangers. It should have been a Leafs-Pens conference final match-up.
I'd love to see a Leafs/Pens matchup in the playoffs. Our shooters would have a lot of fun firing pucks at Fleury.

trujaysfan
02-02-2014, 06:09 PM

I would lose whats left of my friends in pittsburgh but i would love to see that series

Pronger84
02-02-2014, 06:25 PM

It's a case of what "could have been", had the Leafs not stopped skating and had Riemer made the saves that needed to be made, I think we could have gone for quite the run last year. The Bruins IMO were the toughest opponent out of all the other teams, not because they were the most skilled but because they were inside the Leafs head.... we beat Boston and we have a lot of swagger going into the 2nd round.

I really believe the Leafs had they faced Pittsburgh would have had their way with them, Phaneuf/Gunnar does an excellent job at shutting up Crosby and really Fleury is not even average come playoff time.

blacksheep
02-02-2014, 08:46 PM
he is better than Fraser was

If I were drunk enough, I'd say I miss Fraser already.
If I were drunk enough...

Pronger84
02-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Fraser was a good depth guy to have but his average skating went south with that knee injury and he was never the same after. Besides Gleason does everything Fraser does and better plus his skating is solid.